Park Assist Retrofit

I was told last quarter of 22 and still waiting, the dealer said there is still nothing in the computer for mine. 

I don't have parking sensors working or rear seat heaters. Also, my driver's seat heater does not come on with remote start. 

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, jcatte said:

Just got mine done on my 2500hd.  They had the truck for the day and had to remove the rear seat.  They just did the rear park assist not the front.

that is odd. I've heard that it only takes a couple of hours, and it is just one module?🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, jcatte said:

Just got mine done on my 2500hd.  They had the truck for the day and had to remove the rear seat.  They just did the rear park assist not the front.

That makes no sense as its one module that controls both the front and rear.  We've been doing trucks that have both front and rear assist and the retrofit enables all of it. 

If you have front assist, then I'd check your assist settings in the vehicle settings page and see if its on.  

Took two attempts to get mine working, after the first visit the Park Assist button was not lit, and when I would go in reverse I would get the "Service Park Assist" error message.  After yesterday take number two, it works.  Only thing is there is no beeping at all, it only vibrates the seat, a warning shows up in the gauge cluster, and you get a warning sign on the center console screen also.  Is there supposed to be an audible warning?

37 minutes ago, kylant said:

pretty sure there is an audible warning as well. you need to make sure it is enabled in your screen

Where is that exactly?  I've searched through every menu and I have not found anything yet.  The manual states the following:  

When an object is first detected in the rear, one beep will be heard from the rear, or both sides o f the Safety Alert Seat will pulse two times.  When an object is very close—<0.4m(1.5ft) in the vehicle rear or <0.3m(1ft) in the vehicle front—five beeps will sound from the rear or front depending on object location, or both sides of the Safety Alert Seat wil l pulse five times. Beeps for FPA are higher pitched than for RPA. 

So I guess the question is, what controls whether it beeps or you get the Safety Alert Seat pulses?  I'm only getting the pulses right now.

Welp, I found it, at the top of the Collision/Avoidance menu.  Alert Type:  Safety Alert Seat or Beeps.  Switched to Beeps, it works now.  Just needed to look a bit harder.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:41 AM, Skeld said:

Took two attempts to get mine working, after the first visit the Park Assist button was not lit, and when I would go in reverse I would get the "Service Park Assist" error message.  After yesterday take number two, it works.  Only thing is there is no beeping at all, it only vibrates the seat, a warning shows up in the gauge cluster, and you get a warning sign on the center console screen also.  Is there supposed to be an audible warning?

Any idea what they did to get it working the second time?  Just picked mine up from the retrofit work, and button won't turn on, and getting a "service park assist system" message on the driver information center