IPhone 8 & wireless charging pad

Okay - now I see the difference - I don't have the module as of yet (since it is on nationwide backorder) but was told that the 2018 module had a "4 pin plug" vice the "6 pin plug" like the 2016/2017 versions.  Now that I look closer I see the plug looks similar, but the configuration is slightly different.  Thanks for sending the photos - they were a big help.  Now we just need to get the module back in stock.  

Yep - They are both 6 pin connectors with 3 pins loaded. The are differently keyed connectors and use different terminals too.

If I recall, the 16/17 connector is an AIT-II while the 2018 is a Generation Y connector.

GM does this do that you don’t Plug something in where it’s not supposed to. In theory case, maybe just a design change OR the Manufacture went “End of Life” on the older connector.

Same circuits, same wire colors, same slot positions on each connector. Just slightly physically different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone interested. Got my hands on the 2018 Wireless Charging Module thanks to @ Viktorrocks15.

Wanted to share some pics. The two older modules are the same part #, but with the magnet removal in one.

I also took the new module apart to show the internal differences.

a91ff4f288581304d1aadd43baa0a095.jpg

Notice the triple coils on the new model compared to single coil.

8c6cde4f972311a265309594c0e57f03.jpg

New connector and terminals needed for Retrofit.

8fad3b214d1f4aeb4f1940405edd49d6.jpg

Connector details and differences.

6b9c8aa055587276ab5eef7510d56e3a.jpg

New connector and terminals installed.

7128f058cf8b09413cb8c420b5d02aec.jpg

0bee1bd3d15a7a2aeb9ff382c2f4197d.jpg

Here is a pigtail I made and can make this for anything interested.

1b786a36558ddbe4750c59d3b1fae68d.jpg

I will be looking at sourcing the harness mate to make a fully Plug and Play harness for this Retrofit.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can the above pic right now for $10. Or the complete harness with the other end, and wrapped for $20. I won’t get the other connectors until January since they are on back order.

Please PM me on it.

• Like 1

Last Friday I received my module, after being told it was out of stock??? Oh well here’s to dumb luck!!
I already had my new connector, so after 20 minutes in the garage with my 2016 GMC, I had the old one out and the new one installed. The hardest part was removing the inner console lid trim panel! All those rectangular metal push clips.
I carefully unmpinned the wires from the old white connector, and placed them in the same order (from the opposite end), as it the picture posted above by pgamboa. Yes you have to squeeze in the small metal tab on the connector so it will slide into the new connector. Other than that is was an easy swap. And it works awesome on my iPhone X! Thanks everyone for this modification!!

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, pgamboa said:

I can the above pic right now for $10. Or the complete harness with the other end, and wrapped for $20. I won’t get the other connectors until January since they are on back order.

Please PM me on it.

Please advise hoe to order the Complete PNP Wrapped Version.   Definitely interested!

• Like 1

Please advise hoe to order the Complete PNP Wrapped Version.   Definitely interested!

Order via PM, but I want to have the connectors in hand before accepting payment :). Just want to ensure fitment first.

13 hours ago, Chetkan said:

Do we know which is right yet???

I sent an email inquiry to GM Parts Xperts, the company I ordered module 13507652 from, and this is their reply cut and pasted:

The part number that you order changes to part number 13521066, they are the same part.

Hopefully we are all good.