Fuel gauge

I have a 2017 Silveraro LT. It has 23, 000 miles now and the last few times I filled up the gauge didn't go to the full mark. I just goes a little past 3/4. I just filled up and drove about 60 miles and the gauge is at 1/2 tank so I stopped and filled it up again and it only took 4 gallon to fill it up.

Anyone else having this issue?

My 17 All Terrain has done the exact same thing a few times. Only difference is that it stuck at about 3/4 (while still at the pump) for a while and only after I drove a good distance did it continue going up. I know it was full because the pump indicated 21.5 gallons from being on E.

If it does it again I'll be taking the truck in for service. Starting to see some issues with it. Its a shame I've only had the truck a month.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2018 Chevy Silverado LT. I fill it up and the gauge works fine. Once it gets down to a quarter of a tank it stops reading correctly. My wife has ran out of gas 2 times on the side of the interstate so now she wants to get rid of it. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

• 1 month later...

Hello, just wondering if anyone has an update on this problem.  I have a 2017 Silverado that only reads 3/4 full when I fill it up then it slowly moves to full. It does this intermittently and sometimes does not go to full tank. Thanks for any updates.  I will be taking it to the dealer soon.

Took it in for service and confirmed the fuel level sensor needs to be replace. They ordered a sending unit, which I will have to take back to service to replace once it arrives due to this part being on back order.  No actual time frame. I suggest to take your trucks in most likely same response is what you will get unless they have the part in stock.