2017 8 Speed Trans tuning

I’ve been wanting to get my 17 6.2L tuned for a while now but the only thing that’s kept me from it is the fact the tcm has to be sent off to be unlocked. So I’m thinking about purchasing a tcm to send off so that I won’t be out of a truck while they’re waiting to get it back. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tcm for my truck? I found a couple on eBay but I’m not 100% sure they're the right ones. It also says without CALN in the description. What does that mean? Part number for one or anything like that would be awesome. 

Before you do all that look for the other thread on the subject. There seems to be a couple few that can tune without physically hacking your box/s using remote loggers. I'm having some patience as I'm in the same boat wanting a tune but am not going to rush into it too quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 8:37 PM, Crimson6.2L said:

I’ve been wanting to get my 17 6.2L tuned for a while now but the only thing that’s kept me from it is the fact the tcm has to be sent off to be unlocked. So I’m thinking about purchasing a tcm to send off so that I won’t be out of a truck while they’re waiting to get it back. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tcm for my truck? I found a couple on eBay but I’m not 100% sure they're the right ones. It also says without CALN in the description. What does that mean? Part number for one or anything like that would be awesome. 

You cant just buy a new TCM and get this to work. The TCM is married to the VIN in the truck. The new TCM will be shipped without the OS loaded onto it, the dealer has to flash the OS onto the TCM and also marry the TCM to the VIN.

No way to swap the TCM back and forth without going to the dealer each time.

Archived