In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

RyanbabZ71

6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

I have a 2007 Silverado Classic, Crew Cab 4x4. I recently had all the brake lines, master cylinder, and  abs modulator vvalve eplaced and the mechanic told me it was good to go. I left and about halfway home noticed that when I lifted from the gas it felt as though I was braking. The further I drove the more resistance I felt and before I got home it was very tight and smoking on the front driver side. I called the mechanic, told him about it and he said it must be the caliper. I replaced the caliper and hose connecting it to the brake line. I drove it for about ten miles with no issue but after sitting in a drive thru for a few minutes and pulling back onto the road it started doing the same thing. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Well did an analysis on my 2013 6.2s oil and what a surprise... high iron content to the tune of 91 ppm which the lab is very concerned with.  No surprise as the thing has this ridiculous rattle that kind of comes and goes... it's almost a knock in the bottom end.  Truck has like 55000 miles on it.... Good thing I have a 6.2 core sitting in the shop I was going to build.. might need it soon.

Well did an analysis on my 2013 6.2s oil and what a surprise... high iron content to the tune of 91 ppm which the lab is very concerned with.  No surprise as the thing has this ridiculous rattle that kind of comes and goes... it's almost a knock in the bottom end.  Truck has like 55000 miles on it.... Good thing I have a 6.2 core sitting in the shop I was going to build.. might need it soon.

Do you have a K&N air filter by chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Do you have a K&N air filter by chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No.  Truck is totally stock.

No.  Truck is totally stock.

Ok just checking I had an oil analysis done with some issues for sheets and giggles I replaced the filter back to stock and the readings the next analysis went back in and stayed in.

Ryan B.

K and N filters don't make the bottom end come apart... and would result in high silica on the analysis.  These 6.2s have plenty of wrist pin and piston fitment issues.. it's why I have a core one as they are easy to find as warranty replacements.  

For any of you fellas looking to do a knock sensor job, for my 2012 Sierra 6.2l its not under the intake manifold! LUCKY right? The photo here is the knock sensor for the drivers side. The passenger side sensor is in a similar position. With some extensions and angles on a ratchet it should (SHOULD) be a simple job. (Please edit if my info is incorrect or off)

AEB3D833-030E-4D95-A8F1-55FACB0898D1.jpeg

By the way, im having a problem with stabilitrack, dash send a message “service stabilitrack system” any ideas??