6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

Thanks Daryl. We are located in central PA about an hour north of Harrisburg. What shocks do you have on your Z71?

Wow, not far from me. I have Bilstein shocks on the front of my truck, Rancho on the rear. Edited by Daryl Z71

I experienced with the Airraid MIT that the factory airbox became a restriction after adding headers to my 6.2. There was a noticeable seat of the pants(wheelspin) difference and airflow volume increased when comparing back to back datalogs. I've since lost the datalogs in a laptop hard drive failure.

Personally I ended up cutting up my factory airbox on the lower front corner to open up the factory box behind the headlight and below to the fender well area. No pics again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought a 2010 6.2 about 10 months ago with 35,000 miles on it. Somewhere right around the time I first changed oil in it I noticed a very loud lifter knock for a minute or so after start up. I used the recommended oil and a K&N filter. Is there a different filter I can use to quiet the tick down again? A truck with less than 50k shouldnt have this much startup noise.

• 3 weeks later...

Gene, I've had great luck with EBC Yellow pads with the non-slotted rotors. Stops very well. Only issue is the brake dust - it's brutal, and a constant battle. But, stopping fast for me trumps good looking wheels.

heard that!!

I am currently emailing with Roger at Emblem Pros to design a L9H engine badge. I am thinking of something like the attached.............only of course it will say "L9H"

http://fn.b5z.net/i/u/10012033/i/ec/L86_ZR1__1_.JPG

Roger made me a Z71 one like that a few yrs ago

beb5c2bdddf8743cef181008e73cf6fc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Ryan, Any or all of you are welcome to jump in and order one as well. Will see what Rodger comes up with but I am sure it will be top notch. He did a LS7 badge for me a few years ago for my Corvette.

IMG-20120712-00027.jpg

Well I am thinking of getting two so one on each side of hood, upper front fender or by High Country on Doors. Not totally sure yet!

Edited by Likarok

Hi Guys,

just signed up on the site yesterday after reading through a few hundred posts.

i have a question regarding the L9H, but a swap. if it needs to be moved, i can do so.

I currently have a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 CC z71 w/ the 5.3 & the 6 speed. i'm looking to swap order a new GM crate L9H.

from reading on here and a few other sites, i see that about 95% of the parts are transferrable between the 2 engines, the crate will come with all new internals (cam, crank, pistons, plugs, etc...)

i wanted to confirm a few parts that i will need, hopefully someone else has done this on here and has the same list:

- new intake manifold

- new injectors

- new fuel rails

- possible new ecu (computer)

are there any other parts that i might have overlooked or anything that i need to double check? any advice or pointers during & after the install would be great!

best price so far that i've found is from Karl Performance Chevrolet in Iowa (https://www.karlperformanceparts.com/p/19210971-6-2L-Gen-IV-379-CID-GM-Engine/1761) i'm in california so there's no shipping charge or tax, that saves me about $750 right there!

thanks for the help in advance

Mike

Mike, did you get this swap completed?

Just finished reading thru all 61 pages. I have a 2013 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 with the 6.2. Bought it last April after searching for a Summit White LTZ or SLT crew cab. Just rolled over 60K on it this week.

Just finished reading thru all 61 pages. I have a 2013 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 with the 6.2. Bought it last April after searching for a Summit White LTZ or SLT crew cab. Just rolled over 60K on it this week.

Nice truck! Did you buy private party or from dealer? Used 6.2 sierras are next to impossible to find in my area.

Edited by 2009 GMC