Automatic headlights stay on during the day

Rockcrawlin

Question

Hello,

I have a 2007 1500 and I noticed today on the way home from work that the headlights and dash lights were on. The light switch was set to the automatic setting and being 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon I would not have expected them to be on. I was able to turn them off with the knob but when I turn them back to automatic they stay on. Would it be the little sensor on the dash or something else. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for the help.

15 answers to this question

Well, I am almost afraid of posting this but I figured out what the problem was. The truck had a dashmat which had a hole for the sensor but apparently it was still restricting light from hitting it... It works fine without with the stupid dashmat.

Well, I am almost afraid of posting this but I figured out what the problem was. The truck had a dashmat which had a hole for the sensor but apparently it was still restricting light from hitting it... It works fine without with the stupid dashmat.

Cut the hole larger

Well the sensor is acting as such since it is sensing light, F-16s I work on use the same concept of sensors, but basically its the trigger for the system to turn things on and off or it may tell a system component the hey, its light outside or dark so turn this on and that off etc. Not sure about a relay but its possible if it sends signals to the brain to trigger a switch or diode or relay.

F 16s awesome :)

I guess I should have clarified my question better. I know that my day time running lights are always on. Maybe its that konb thing not dimming my dashlights. is that common? I didn't check to see if it was just my day time running lights or if all of my lights were on. I guess i just figured since my dash lights were on so were the rest of my lights, I will check that tomorrow.

The 900's use the headlights for DRL's not seperate DRL lamps like the 800's. So it's going to appear that your headlights are on, and they are as DRL's. I believe they are dimmer in DRL mode then when they actually turn on at full power.

Well the sensor is acting as such since it is sensing light, F-16s I work on use the same concept of sensors, but basically its the trigger for the system to turn things on and off or it may tell a system component the hey, its light outside or dark so turn this on and that off etc. Not sure about a relay but its possible if it sends signals to the brain to trigger a switch or diode or relay.

You say that untill your the one working on it. Its def outdated but a workhorse.

You say that untill your the one working on it. Its def outdated but a workhorse.

Hey you should think there awesome to . It provides you with probely a descent job. There out dated and probely can get shot out of the sky pretty easy compared to the new ones but there still cool

Archived