What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Pollen .... that's something we haven't seen up here in over 5 months!

Plenty of road salt, though. :sick:

Installed a toggle swith. I plan on installing at least two more. One will be for a light bar at some point, another for rear bumper lights for hooking/unhooking my trailer at night. Not sure yet what the others will be used for...

ef1515bdd077edc96373e8a29e55dc24.jpg

Yeah, it seems GM painted over black plastic in alot of their interiors for several years. Any way to save a buck ...

Just ordered up a set of Hankook Ventus ST RH06 to replace my Blizzaks for snow tires. Excellent!

HAHAHAHA! Just kidding - these will be going on my summer 20's. :D I love when people buy these style tires, then rant in the reviews about how bad they are in the snow. You're KIDDING, Sherlock! LOL

Got them from Discount Tire Direct on eBay for $126 per tire SHIPPED. Couldn't believe it. Almost $200 cheaper than Tire Rack with shipping. They were one of the best rated tires on there - glad I threw the info in Google! Made me $200 richer. Should stick like glue in the summer - that's what I was after. Might have to use 4WD on the grass though, lol.

Just ordered up a set of Hankook Ventus ST RH06 to replace my Blizzaks for snow tires. Excellent!

HAHAHAHA! Just kidding - these will be going on my summer 20's. :D I love when people buy these style tires, then rant in the reviews about how bad they are in the snow. You're KIDDING, Sherlock! LOL

Got them from Discount Tire Direct on eBay for $126 per tire SHIPPED. Couldn't believe it. Almost $200 cheaper than Tire Rack with shipping. They were one of the best rated tires on there - glad I threw the info in Google! Made me $200 richer. Should stick like glue in the summer - that's what I was after. Might have to use 4WD on the grass though, lol.

If they are anything like the Eagle F1, they will be fun tires

From what I've read on the 'Rack, they're very similar, except live a little longer life. They don't make the F1 in 275/55-20, unfortunately.

Here's a link to the ones I got. They have killer ratings:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+ST+RH06&partnum=755VR0RH06XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2007&autoModel=Silverado%20K1500&autoModClar=Extended%20Cab

EDIT: Actually they may have the F1's in that size - it may have been filtered out of the options list, since I logged in with my truck's specs.

Edited by Jsdirt

From what I've read on the 'Rack, they're very similar, except live a little longer life. They don't make the F1 in 275/55-20, unfortunately.

Here's a link to the ones I got. They have killer ratings:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+ST+RH06&partnum=755VR0RH06XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2007&autoModel=Silverado%20K1500&autoModClar=Extended%20Cab

EDIT: Actually they may have the F1's in that size - it may have been filtered out of the options list, since I logged in with my truck's specs.

My F1's are in 275/45. I went back to stock and needed an equivalent to 255/70R16.

It's not paint but the lack of. Pretty common on these, my 2006 had the spot behind the wheel when I got it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yep, not the greatest interior, but at least the sheet metal doesn't dent if you look at it the wrong way.

• Like 1

I really like the layout of the 800 interior, actually.

Can't wait to slip back into another 800 as my weekend warrior truck. New truck may be quiet but I miss my 800 and the simplicity of working on it. Plus I'm not scared to break something cause it's cheaper to repair
  • Like 2