Chit chat

SarahsGMC

Wow that thing is MINT! How the hell did a gov't agency score that one? Must've been a drug seizure.

Love the 97s. They were a one year special and numbered. They have been my favorite of the 4th gens cosmetically, despite the LT1 and Opti Spark(you might start there for it not running, had a buddy in high school that had a Z28 and it gave him fits for a while on getting it to start and or idle well, and last I heard it was the opti spark. His dad got it dirt cheap because it wasn't running). I think they will end up being the collectible of the 4th generation in another decade or two, like the 67 350 SS is now. And I can give you some pointers for a lot of the car with my experience last year.

Take out the heater core(literally takes a few minutes, amazingly easy) and clean out that area. You'll probably find a quarter acre of grass, leaves and maybe a small animal or two. Replace all the hose clamps with worm types, that will save you hours of work down the road when something breaks. If the oil pan gasket leaks, let it. It's not worth the trouble if it's a small leak. If you are ever in a salvage and see spare seats, get them, just for the foam. No one is making replacements as of last year.

I was pretty close to buying one after I sold my 69. I called the place, and they didn't allow anyone to drive a "fast car in the rain" I told them I could bring pics of stuff I've owned and he said he didn't care. Roads were bad for weeks(think it snowed too) so I never got around to it. It was a red 97 SS 6 speed with all original documentation for 6k, like 10 years ago. Hindsight and all that....

Edited by SnakeEyes

Been trying to figure out what to do if I win this car. It is 4 hours away. Im looking at $400 in gas and rental to go get it i think. Will be towing it home with a 2014 Sierra though

Edited by Chris

Uhaul trailer is like 75 a day? Is your truck down? I haven't been too regular lately.

140 a day.

I haven't been on much. Been concentrating on school and applying for govt jobs in AZ, UT, OK, TX, and FL. Truck runs. I need to do some suspension work to it though. knock at left full lock when the weight transfers. I trust it to drive, but I don't want to tow with it

Started bidding on what I thought was a 97 z28 until I ran the VIN. It is an SS. Downside is it has an auto and doesn't start. Body is straight and needs interior work. Ends on Tuesday and it is at $435. I probably won't go past $1000 for it.

bc1f9d9c11f637adae99e903e425af4c.png

d9270fbe00a7694fa59c69bc185b944a.png

06ad1f6df993cb38fc7f8a9352285a80.png

Good luck if you win that, I haven't one good thing to say about those cars after owning one myself.

Good luck if you win that, I haven't one good thing to say about those cars after owning one myself.

If the price is right, I can't complain. I can always set it up to race and drop a new LT1 in it

Yea under $1k isn't too bad, I paid $3500 for mine and it was a pile of junk. Lesson learned.

Z28 or an SS. I know there is barely a mechanical difference, but what they are is a difference in value to me. If I max it to 1000 it will end up costing like 1500 to get it

I had a 94 for 12 years, my wife drove for 6 my son for 4, my toy for 2. Sold to a friend of my son he wrecked it. Nothing but general maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z28 or an SS. I know there is barely a mechanical difference, but what they are is a difference in value to me. If I max it to 1000 it will end up costing like 1500 to get it

94 Z28. Had it a few months and it blew a head gasket, rebuilt the entire engine and it ran 4,000 or so miles before the $400 optispark died. Drove it in the rain a few times and somehow water got into the opti because it was rusted inside everywhere. Got another new one, installed it and sent the car down the road.

140 a day.

I haven't been on much. Been concentrating on school and applying for govt jobs in AZ, UT, OK, TX, and FL. Truck runs. I need to do some suspension work to it though. knock at left full lock when the weight transfers. I trust it to drive, but I don't want to tow with it

TX is becoming CA. I bet in 15-20 years they start passing dumb anti gun laws(I think Austin is already working on it). I have visited once a year for the last several years, and in that time many companies have moved from CA to TX, and the common courtesy of people has gone WAY down hill. People living there might not notice but I sure do. You hold the door for someone any you can see the surprise. 20 years ago even the scalpers outside the stadiums were mostly honest. I had someone flip out because lanes merged due to construction and I started moving over. Guess the OK politicians complete inability to bring business besides oil field related stuff is working out for the historic atmosphere. :lol: Edited by SnakeEyes

TX is becoming CA. I bet in 15-20 years they start passing dumb anti gun laws(I think Austin is already working on it). I have visited once a year for the last several years, and in that time many companies have moved from CA to TX, and the common courtesy of people has gone WAY down hill. People living there might not notice but I sure am. You hold the door for someone any you can see the surprise. I had someone flip out because lanes merged due to construction and I started moving over with a signal on. Guess the OK politicians complete inability to bring business besides oil field related stuff is working out for the historic atmosphere. :lol:

I'm being moved along for a federal level electrician job in Florida right now.