I have a 05 Silverado crew cab and am trying to put a factory Navigation radio out of a 05 Escalade. Installed the radio and had it reprogrammed but get on sound. I also have the amp from the Escalade and tried it but still have no sound. i can put my original radio(factory 6 disc,xm) back in and eveything works. Anyone know how to fix this?

NAV system part # 15230099

AMP part # 15114454

• 2 weeks later...

Did your truck originally have Bose? The Escalade most likely had the Lux system. If you had Bose it was the premium. Put your old amp in and have it programmed again

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I had it programmed with the original amp. I tried the amp out of the Escalade and it didnt work. I have the dash and console from the Escalade and the wires from the dash to the console are in different places on the plug ins. Also the console harness has a extra wire going to the amp.

A fiend had this problem with regular Bose. Turn it on and see if there is power at the speakers. He had power so my amp was good. I have him my Bose amp. Turned out to be a bad radio. His was the standard Bose 6 disc

Do you think it could be the nav radio since it all works with the original. Not to get you down but something could be messed up in it

• 1 month later...

EDIT: I found the epic 2004 thread! Here's a link to the thread that contains everything you'll need to know to do your project properly. It's the one I used when I did the same job in 2006:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/28030-nav-and-6-disk-changer-in-a-silverado/

I'm fairly sure I know what your problem is. The Escalade came with the LUX amp (longer, more rectangular shaped than the non-LUX version), and has a corresponding LUX head unit (looks identical to non-LUX headunit). They work together just fine in the Escalade, but not with the wiring in your Silverado, because that harness was made to connect a non-LUX Bose head unit to a non-LUX Bose amp.

I know all this because I have done the job that you are going to have to do (upgrading a Bose non-LUX Silverado system to a LUX system by replacing the head unit and amp, and modifying the harness), if you want to use this new head unit and amp. The problem is, I did that job seven years ago, and I just sold that Silverado last month.

Anyways, here's what I can tell you:

Your new head unit will not work with your old amp, and it even with its partner amp, it still won't work in your Silverado unless you rearrange some wiring pins on the harness, as well as run a couple of new wires.

Also, the head unit may need to be unlocked or reassigned to your truck's VIN, and the amp (I think I remember this part correctly) may need to be flashed to your truck too.

I actually got the instructions on how to do all this from this same forum, but it was seven years ago, so I don't know if those posts are archived or not.

I'll help in any way I can if you decide to do this project.

Whatever you do, remember that LUX head units only work with LUX amps (and proper LUX harness wiring) and non-LUX head units only work with non-LUX amps (and proper non-LUX harness wiring).

I'm pretty sure the LUX system only came in Escalades and Denalis.

I found this link about a month ago but none of the pics or diagrams will pull up.

That sucks. If you want to do the project, though, I will read through the thread and see if I can advise you based on my memory. Your biggest hurdles are the harness alteration and the flashing of the LUX amp.

I think I remember having to try to find an amp from a Sierra Denali (which would already be programmed for the speaker arrangement in my Silverado), or else take an amp from an Escalade or Yukon Denali and convince a dealer to let me plug it into his 03-05 Sierra Denali and then have him flash it. It seems like I remember that the only way to get that amp flashed for a Truck (as opposed to an SUV) was to plug it into a Sierra Denali and flash it (or start with a LUX amp that came from an 03-05 Sierra Denali).

I have the amp that came with the radio. I have dash and console out of the vehicle( 05 Escalade) also. The wiring in my truck has one less wire in the black plug that goes into radio and the amp plug has two or three less wires. I have no idea about what goes to BCM

Archived