are they going to offer a plow prep package?

Not sure if your question is the subject line or ?

As of now, the new GM trucks are to get electronic power assisted steering. Ford & Ram both have this & BOTH have it in the manual to NOT mount a snow plow on the front of either vehicle. Would assume the GM's will be the same.

The electric steering is to meet the CAFE standards. Blame the government and the EPA running unchecked

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Been down this road and here's what I can tell you - Most plow manufacturers make a light duty plow for half ton trucks. That being said, some, if not all plow manufacturers won't recommend a plow using their plow matchers on their websites for any truck with electric steering or no plow prep. AND if you go with a 3/4 ton truck and put a light duty plow on it they won't warranty the plow!

• 11 months later...

Ford has announced at the Chicago Auto Show that it will be offering a snow plow prep package on the all-new 2015 F-150 when it goes on sale later this year. You have to order the V-8 to get this package.

Why does the 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 only offer the "snow plow prep package" on the "WT Regular Cab" and not on the other models? It is offered on the V-6 and V-8 engines. What is the reason for it? It is not offered on the regular cab LT and up or the double and crew cabs. The other trucks can't handle it or what?

Also available on SLE reg cab, but doesn't seem to be available on any of the double cab or crew cab versions.

(avail on 1WT, 2WT, 1LT and 2LT from chev)

I had a Fisher HT plow put on my 2014 LTZ last fall and it worked great on that truck. It only was used for my driveway which is 900 ft long, but it got a workout with all the snow we got this year (160"). Before I bought the truck I asked the dealer if they would stand behind the warranty with the plow on it and they said yes.

post-126440-0-20804000-1395052784_thumb.jpg

I had a Fisher HT plow put on my 2014 LTZ last fall and it worked great on that truck. It only was used for my driveway which is 900 ft long, but it got a workout with all the snow we got this year (160"). Before I bought the truck I asked the dealer if they would stand behind the warranty with the plow on it and they said yes.

The snow plowing package on the Regular WT Cab includes the following:

Snow Plow Prep Package

This available option includes the following features:

• Power feed to accommodate a backup and roof emergency light
  • A dependable 170-amp alternator for cold-weather starts
  • Forward lamp wiring harness and a provision for a cab roof-mounted lamp or beacon for added visibility
  • Under body transfercase shield to help protect the transfercase from debris
  • A high-capacity air cleaner and an auxiliary transmission oil cooler
  • Heavy Duty front springs

Requires 4WD Regular Cab models.

Does the double or crew cab includes these options as standard equipment especially in the heavy duty front springs? Any side effects without these options?

No other truck will have the wiring. You might get a HO alternator on high trim trucks simply because of all the gadgets. As for springs, there are no special spring options for other cab types, but bigger trucks will likely have stiffer springs to begin with.

No other truck will have the wiring. You might get a HO alternator on high trim trucks simply because of all the gadgets. As for springs, there are no special spring options for other cab types, but bigger trucks will likely have stiffer springs to begin with.

it says that the Plow prep package trucks get heavy duty front springs.

I understand that and what I'm saying is chances are GM has multiple spring rates depending on option packages/calculated weight but this will be the only place where you have a specific HD spring offering. But, a crew cab LTZ may get firmer springs than a WT to cope with added weight for example. Ford does this with the Super Duty where they have various options to allow you to select a firmer spring than otherwise would be used for things like their plow prep, slide in campers, etc.

Archived