I have a 2006 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 gas engine.

Okay, to my knowledge i have done everything that i could think of. I need some help. I am having a ABS problem that I cant figure out. I am getting my ABS light on my dash. I found out that I have codes popping up that is pointing towards both of my front left and front right speed sensors. About 3 months before, i replaced both of my front hubs with the same brand speed sensors. When the light started to come on and I found out that the codes were pointing at them. I took both of the speed sensors to exchange. that didn't fix it. I have disconnected the battery and unplug them waited for 5 minutes plugged everything back up. No fix! I replaced on of my hubs just to see if that would work, in which it didn't. Now that I have been deployed for a couple of months now, I am starting to think of other things. I know my ABS still works so my ABS is not disabled once so ever. Everthing on my truck is working just fine. I don't know how many times i have cleared the code myself. It still pops up.

I just don't know if the EBCM, ECU, or any other control modules on my truck that could be causing this code to pop up. I kinda don't want to replace them> ($$$$$$$$)

I was also wondering on a GMC is there another place on my truck that the code could be coming from?

I have read plenty of other problems that others are having. I even helped others. Either way none of them have helped me.

• 2 weeks later...

if the ABS light is on...you have no ABS... fact...

why replace just the sensors?

if your bearings are bad ( which is a very common cause of ABS lights coming on) they come with new sensors. you are spending a lot of money for just wheel sensors.

sensors: $100

bearing: $175

labor: the same

if the bearings are bad and you just replace the sensor, any trash left from the bearing or broken/bad sensor it will damage the new sensor..

check your bearings, if you have over 75,000 they are bad.......or will be soon...

I have replaced them at 50,000 for cust.

check for broken/burnt wires

Archived