Denali and 6.2L Revealed!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gmc-sierra-denali-2014.html

Drew Johnson Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 @ 11:05 am

General Motors has unveiled the range-topping Denali version of its all-new 2014 GMC Sierra pickup truck.

Keeping true to the Denali formula, the 2014 version of GMC's most luxurious pickup truck comes fitted with a signature Denali chrome grille, body-colored bumpers, a polished stainless steel exhaust outlet and 20-inch chrome wheels. The new Sierra Denali also sports LED daytime running lights.

Inside the Sierra Denali pours on the luxury with heated and cooled leather front bucket seats, a heated steering wheel, a Bose audio system and bright door sills. In order to set the Denali apart from the standard Sierra, the truck comes equipped with an exclusive eight-inch Customizable Driver Display that can show things like audio or navigation information right in the instrument cluster.

The 2014 Sierra Denali comes standard with a 355 horsepower 5.3L V8, but those that live by GMC's 'Professional Grade' mantra will likely be more interested in the truck's all-new 6.2L EcoTec3 V8. Thanks to technologies like direct injection and variable valve timing, the 6.2L cranks out 420 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque – both tops in the light pickup truck segment. When properly equipped, the 6.2L Sierra Denali is capable of towing up to 12,000 pounds.

“The 2014 Sierra Denali has a combination of performance, capability and luxury that no other pickup can match,” said Tony DiSalle, vice president of GMC Marketing. “It leaves no boxes unchecked for those owners looking for the ultimate expression of ‘Professional Grade.’”

GMC will announce pricing for the 2014 Sierra Denali closer to the truck's market launch.

Read more at http://www.leftlanenews.com/gmc-sierra-denali-2014.html#q8GOQkrj27Ks2Jgp.99

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking that instrument cluster...and the fact that you can get this with a proper 4WD drivetrain!

But I still prefer the look of the All Terrain over this (all of the chrome is a real turn off).

The Denali was special. It only came with the big engine and was the only truck with AWD. They F'd it up

The AWD doesn't bother me since I prefer the proper 4WD transfer case, but for the GMT-900 and most of the GMT-800 life cycle, you could get the Denali engines in the other trucks (the 6.0L VortecMax's and the 6.2L's Sierra's and Silverado's).

Maybe iam old school but why does anybody need all that stuff on a pickup truck? The power then yes but everything else no. And those LED's around the head lights look like crap. Anybody knows that a truck like that is not used as a truck. If I had the money to spend on something like that it wouldn't be a truck like that.

The Denali was special. It only came with the big engine and was the only truck with AWD. They F'd it up

The AWD doesn't bother me since I prefer the proper 4WD transfer case, but for the GMT-900 and most of the GMT-800 life cycle, you could get the Denali engines in the other trucks (the 6.0L VortecMax's and the 6.2L's Sierra's and Silverado's).

Denali just said that you had the big engine and the AWD. All is now is decor on an SLT or SLT/NHT. I drove an 04 Denali AWD, 6.0, and 4WS. Loved it

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

No disrespect, but yes you're definitely just old school. Loaded/luxury trucks are for those that want a premium car/suv 90% of the time but also need the occasional utility a truck offers. When things do get dirty, it's nice to have a truck bed versus trashing the rear of an suv. My $0.02

I'm wondering if a dash cluster swap might be possible in the future... hope so. Sure would be sweet!

(I'm buying a SLT shortly... Denali is still a little out of my price range)

No disrespect, but yes you're definitely just old school. Loaded/luxury trucks are for those that want a premium car/suv 90% of the time but also need the occasional utility a truck offers. When things do get dirty, it's nice to have a truck bed versus trashing the rear of an suv. My $0.02

I'm wondering if a dash cluster swap might be possible in the future... hope so. Sure would be sweet!

(I'm buying a SLT shortly... Denali is still a little out of my price range)

Definitely agree with this. My pickup has to be my daily driver 95% of the time simply because i NEED the crew cab, bed and 4wd. If I'm spending most of my time in a vehicle, I sure as hell want to enjoy it and be as comfortable as possible.

I like that they switched to a true 4wd transfer case, I feel like the high country is now more lux oriented than the denali though, the denali should at least get the black version of the high country leather. Also if those are the final number for the 6.2 the torque is good, but I am underwhelmed by the hp numbers, not that it will prevent me from getting the 6.2 in my next truck, but I was expecting more.

Nice job on the selectable transfer case in the Denali! (2WD / Auto / 4WD Hi / 4WD Lo)

Now we just need the 8-speed!

I like that they switched to a true 4wd transfer case, I feel like the high country is now more lux oriented than the denali though, the denali should at least get the black version of the high country leather. Also if those are the final number for the 6.2 the torque is good, but I am underwhelmed by the hp numbers, not that it will prevent me from getting the 6.2 in my next truck, but I was expecting more.

"Final SAE-rated power and torque numbers will be available later this year."

Archived