2014+ Suspension Lifts

On 5/29/2018 at 10:19 AM, Willie will said:

So I got bored at work and most garages are 7ft tall. Stock overall height of a Silverado is 73.97 inch’s. Also add a 7 inch lift. 82.97. Stock tires are 265/65 which is about 30 inch’s. I want to upgrade to a 35 inch tire. So overall it’s 87.97 inch. Which is approx 7ft 4inchs. So I don’t know if I did that right lol but looks like I won’t be able to park in the garage. UNLESS I get some bags hahah.

I'm pretty sleep deprived but I think you did miss the math a little. 73.97" + 7" would make 80.97", not 82.97". Then with the tires, you are adding 5" of diameter, but only half of that is pushing the truck up, the other half is going up into your wheel wells. So by my math, your overall height would be 73.97" + 7" lift + 2.5" tire size increase for a total of 83.47". By that, it'll be dang close! I think I saw someone on youtube with a 6" lift and 35's fit in a 7' garage, so you might have a chance.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, CO-Stark said:

I'm pretty sleep deprived but I think you did miss the math a little. 73.97" + 7" would make 80.97", not 82.97". Then with the tires, you are adding 5" of diameter, but only half of that is pushing the truck up, the other half is going up into your wheel wells. So by my math, your overall height would be 73.97" + 7" lift + 2.5" tire size increase for a total of 83.47". By that, it'll be dang close! I think I saw someone on youtube with a 6" lift and 35's fit in a 7' garage, so you might have a chance.

well see. hopefully its a perfect fit. if anything I heard people modifying there garage a little with replacing the board on the top of the garage door. my math is horrible lol

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, jballs15157 said:

Thanks for the compliments, it came out exactly how I wanted it.

I did have to use spacers with the stock wheels to avoid the lower control arms.

BORA 1 1/4" up front and BORA 1 1/2" in back to keep everything pretty even.

I do rub a little at full lock on uneven surfaces but nothing to be worried about.

What type of lower control arms did you have?

Anyone here run the Fox coil overs on the front of their truck? I have a 2WD with 5" knuckle and a 1.5 spacer. I just went from a 33" to a 35 and have a little rubbing at the inside trim. I don't want o cut so thinking of going with the coil over so I can adjust to what I need for clearance.  Just curious on ride quality. Or is there any others I. The price range that are good? 

Anyone here run the Fox coil overs on the front of their truck? I have a 2WD with 5" knuckle and a 1.5 spacer. I just went from a 33" to a 35 and have a little rubbing at the inside trim. I don't want o cut so thinking of going with the coil over so I can adjust to what I need for clearance.  Just curious on ride quality. Or is there any others I. The price range that are good? 

Fox, King, and CST are your best bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Bigrich said:

Fabtech Gen 2 kit is a great choice! Did not widen track width! Quality products! 

3D5AFC1C-C81C-4AB6-A5AF-34E443C804EA.jpeg

Any fitment/rubbing issues?  I noticed their website says cannot use OEM rim and tires. 

2 hours ago, diegosaurus said:

Any fitment/rubbing issues?  I noticed their website says cannot use OEM rim and tires. 

No fit Issues so far. Fabtech requires a 5” offset to clear the knuckle. I have oem 20” wheels and it clears. Now I may have rubbing once I install the 35” tires? Don’t look like smaller wheels will work as they wount clear the lower ball joint. I will post an update once the larger tires are installed. But so far no issues! Very happy with the install

• 1 month later...

I tried to search the whole website several times and either can't figure out the search feature, or (would be shocking if true) nobody has discussed this before?

I am driving a 2014 Silverado 1500 2WD with 3.5" RC spacers up front and 2" blocks in rear, with 33" Wildpeak AT3Ws on the factory 18" LT wheels. The tires weigh about 60lbs each... and after 146,000 miles (not all lifted- lift went on at 100k) and the steep RC angles, the tie rods need replaced.

I ordered MOOG parts even though I've heard their quality slipped, inner and outer tie rods for both driver & passenger sides.

I've seen advertised those tie rod sleeves, to reinforce the 1/2" thick tie rods to keep them from bending or breaking with heavier tires or more spirited driving. 

My question is if they are worth putting on; now's the time since I'm replacing the tie rods anyway. But if they are like throttle body spacers and are completely pointless, I don't wanna waste $40.

Anybody know if this is an actual benefit, or just a money grab?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Tyy1907 said:

I've never heard of these tie rod sleeves

But when tie rods wear out its typically the balljoint part of them that's worn out.  

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-tie-rod-sleeves-11000.html?rrec=true

Yeah, the ball joints are definitely the reason they are getting replaced. I just have seen some websites selling thicker, "reinforced" tie rods; or selling these threaded sleeves that go over the skinny part of the factory inner tie rod and take the place of the jam nut. The idea being, adding a steel collar over the thinnest part of the tie rod would prevent it from bending if you hit a curb or take it off road, etc. 

It sounds like a money grab to me, I've never heard of someone bending a tie rod unless they crashed and then that's just one of many damaged components.

On 30/07/2018 at 9:57 PM, jd173706 said:

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-tie-rod-sleeves-11000.html?rrec=true

Yeah, the ball joints are definitely the reason they are getting replaced. I just have seen some websites selling thicker, "reinforced" tie rods; or selling these threaded sleeves that go over the skinny part of the factory inner tie rod and take the place of the jam nut. The idea being, adding a steel collar over the thinnest part of the tie rod would prevent it from bending if you hit a curb or take it off road, etc. 

It sounds like a money grab to me, I've never heard of someone bending a tie rod unless they crashed and then that's just one of many damaged components.

I'd say it's a money grab as well

Doesnt help steep tie rod angles any

Only rough country lift that'll keep your factory angles is the 5" bracket lift

Edited by Tyy1907
  • Like 1