ABS light and Brake light showing up at once

My '00 did that same thing. It was the ABS module had failed. I was going to sent it out to get fixed, but there is no way it would come off the frame rail (rusted on). Eventually, the brake light went out, and just the ABS remained. I left it like that since ABS in the early GMT-800's was pretty bad.

My '00 did that same thing. It was the ABS module had failed. I was going to sent it out to get fixed, but there is no way it would come off the frame rail (rusted on). Eventually, the brake light went out, and just the ABS remained. I left it like that since ABS in the early GMT-800's was pretty bad.

Well mine goes out when I turn the truck off and turn it back on. Not sure if yours did this too. I heard once you put 37's on these trucks is when the abs light stays on

Well mine goes out when I turn the truck off and turn it back on. Not sure if yours did this too. I heard once you put 37's on these trucks is when the abs light stays on

my '01 doees the same thing. driving along sometimes they both come on. shut it off-restarrt they are gone. I know it is the module because I rapped on it and pushed on the connector and they stayed off for about 3 months.

my '01 doees the same thing. driving along sometimes they both come on. shut it off-restarrt they are gone. I know it is the module because I rapped on it and pushed on the connector and they stayed off for about 3 months.

So it could just be loose connections, either in the module or on the harness?

So it could just be loose connections, either in the module or on the harness?

Sure. Cold solder joint. Corroded terminal. It dosent bother me, if it was newer yes but it is 12 years old.

Here's a weird follow-up to my story. I was in the garage checking over the Suburban before tomorrow's trip, and for no reason at all, suddenly had the inspiration to check the fuse for the ABS. When I pulled it, it was split in half. So I picked up a new 60A fuse, installed it........and now the ABS and the brake light are off!

My luck is never this good, so naturally, I'm suspicious.....haha. Is it possible that the blown fuse somehow triggered the lights to come on?

Here's a weird follow-up to my story. I was in the garage checking over the Suburban before tomorrow's trip, and for no reason at all, suddenly had the inspiration to check the fuse for the ABS. When I pulled it, it was split in half. So I picked up a new 60A fuse, installed it........and now the ABS and the brake light are off!

My luck is never this good, so naturally, I'm suspicious.....haha. Is it possible that the blown fuse somehow triggered the lights to come on?

Could the fuse have cracked when you pulled it out? Anyway you will find out soon enough if that was the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine started with the brake and ABS lights coming on, then going off after driving it a bit (sometimes with a key cycle). It eventually got to the point where the brake light stayed off, and the ABS was on 24/7.

Archived