new programmer issues nnbs 5.3

I just recently bought a diablo sport predator programmer for my 07 new body style 5.3 silverado. I'm very happy with the power gains but after i drive a mile or two my abs light and parking break light turn on the dash along with a repetitive chime. I've heard of this happening to guys who have regeared their trucks or added 35" tires or so. But as soon as i shut the truck off and restart it the lights are gone until i start driving again. This leads me to believe its not actually an abs issue, but a programming thing. Wondering if anybody else had anything similar happen with a programmer or if their was a fix

ok gm new body (gmt900.,2007-20013) will not allow a tire change , this seems to set a "abs" light wich cant be read by your predator. On this style i would of opted for the intune or the trinity as it would have more access to some functions that predator just dont have enough memory or space to deal with.

lew might chime in here he could really shed some light on this but for now ill help. as i had a similar issue before on a customers truck. 2008 silverado changed tires and ride hight. when tire change went into the predator truck would automatically throw a abs light. GM computers are set up to not accept anything other then a factory spec. other wise gm techs would have the coolest and fastest trucks out there. The Tech2 does alot of stuff but only if there is a code to allow it to do so. These tools at the dealer need a vci code..(given by gm technical assistance) to allow change to a pcm.

i even changed the tires on this truck (285/55/20) to the gm accessory tire size of 275/55/20 and the computer still has a issue with it..abs light came back on.

long story short (too late..lol) you will need a custom tune emailed to you to put on your predator so they can bypass that abs light. you cant see that light on your predator because the predator only talks to the pcm not the tcm or bcm wich the light comes from .

on a side note. gmt800 2000-2007classic allowed me for 33" tires no problem..ha haa of course i think if you went to big like your saying 35" or so would geek out. Even my sierra denali wich was loaded gladly took the 33" as well ...all correct speedos as well. diablo makes some nice tools just got to work with them a little

Reload the tune. Sometime they will randomly jack with the stability control. Reloading the tune can usually solve the problem. Mine would disable stabilitrac when it was flashing sometimes. Reflashing the tune a 2nd time fixed it.

It is a really asinine design flaw IMO. I went with it because Lew is ridiculously fast in responding to people, a lot of times its within an hour or two. Even reading the BEST testimonies of other companies and tuners you can find no one else comes close in that aspect. Intune is what I have now.

Ill probably try blackbear sometime on a future vehicle If I could ever make it to an in person session. Problem is I just cant go on a whim.

• 2 weeks later...

known issue with the ABS system on the 2007 trucks...

did you change your tire size, gear ratio, and/or speed limiter setting??

post up on diablosport's forum about your truck and the issue...

hard part is, all predator's are dead and gone man... all predator's were discontinued over a year ago... so there will probably be no new updates for it... plus, there is no tcm/tranny support with predators at all... never was and never will be...

you can always trade it in to diablosport - they give a $100 credit towards the purchase of an inTune or Trinity from them... then you'd have a new tool, latest updates/fixes, newer updated tunes, tcm/tranny support, better data logging, newer tune file format for better/additional parameters available for custom tuning, etc etc....

Archived