HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

question, how important is sealing up the dust covers? I recently bought some projector lights with fxr's and my morimoto kit came in... I cannot figure out a way to modify the caps without hitting the frame behind the housings. thinking of just using sealing tape, but that looks horrible

question, how important is sealing up the dust covers? I recently bought some projector lights with fxr's and my morimoto kit came in... I cannot figure out a way to modify the caps without hitting the frame behind the housings. thinking of just using sealing tape, but that looks horrible

I used the rubber butyl I used to seal my lights back up after my retrofit to seal the hole I drilled in the dust caps.

It doesn't look great but it has worked well. Plus you can always remove it and put more in after if you need to remove the caps later, fish wiring etc.

I'm doing the same retrofit and still waiting on the kit and my thinking is buying another set of dust caps and sectioning them to make them longer if you know what I mean.

Yeah I tried that cause the guy I bought them from sent me 2 sets of caps... But still can't get them to work cause the morimoto igniters are huge and they are a little off center...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well first off I need me a set off poem caps, any ideas where to get them? I'd have to check the dealer but I don't think you can buy them separate ??

Probably only a dealer part, but try giving Napa or oreilly a call and see if the can source/ order them..

This is what I'm dealing with currently.

C5A7E415-459E-4BBD-9664-88B12FAED9EE_zps

Gonna do the install tonight

Yeah I tried that cause the guy I bought them from sent me 2 sets of caps... But still can't get them to work cause the morimoto igniters are huge and they are a little off center...

Did you buy your kit from us (fastheadlights)?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

morimoto - TRS...

what a world of difference...not the best pic but.

i am surprised GM hasn't gotten their ass sued over the old halogen projector bull shit....they are down right dangerous.

IMG_2474_zpsjni3xozt.jpg

not trying rob the post but what's your level and tire set up?

Probably only a dealer part, but try giving Napa or oreilly a call and see if the can source/ order them..

This is what I'm dealing with currently.

C5A7E415-459E-4BBD-9664-88B12FAED9EE_zps

Gonna do the install tonight

Ok now I see what you mean by off set. Is this the FRX kit? Not really liking how it sticks out. I wonder if there are other aftermarket cups that are a different style?

Did you buy your kit from us (fastheadlights)?

No they were purchased from trs..

Ok now I see what you mean by off set. Is this the FRX kit? Not really liking how it sticks out. I wonder if there are other aftermarket cups that are a different style?

I bought the lights from blockhead..he's the first one in this thread to post pictures.. He didn't use the bracket from fast headlights.. So idk if it'll be a little offset with it as well?

I bought the lights from blockhead..he's the first one in this thread to post pictures.. He didn't use the bracket from fast headlights.. So idk if it'll be a little offset with it as well?

The offset is normal. I personally always heat up and stretch the caps. Heat gun and butt end (handle) of a screw driver and you can form the cap. Your cap though. ....lol. you may have to do the roofer tape extension since it is cut.

• Like 1

2d5cb30e3c75c724345f86ad9ef26147.jpgb5ac4ae681ea1c1f04c947a9b3d3eba0.jpg

We now offer the XBLED fog lights in chrome for both nnbs Silverado and 2014/15 Sierra (as shown). Lots of requests since these came.out for paint match ones as most don't like just the standard housing. So now we are offering them in chrome. Yes chrome, not chrome paint.

• Like 2

Alright guys, I have gone thru a ton of pages trying to understand all of this... It's making my head spin. I have a '15 LTZ with the s*itty Halogen Projector headlights and they suck. What exactly do I need, to get more light and a brighter pure white light ( not the piss yellow ), I hate the blue colored light so I was thinking 5500k. If someone can tell me everything I need... my second question is exactly how hard is it to install? I'm sick of the crappy lights that should be WAY better than they are. Came to Lubbock tonight, and on the way to the hotel on the pitch dark highways, the light just ISN'T the way it needs to be. I'm sure this is simple stuff to understand, but as I have never done this I would appreciate a little help, maybe a little step by step.