HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Check out theretrofitsource.com and hidplanet.com for retrofit tips and installations. The headlights will have to be baked in the oven to soften the seal, and pry the lens off. Then you can add whatever projector you want. You don't need to have ltz projector headlights already.

Decided to create a new section on our website to help save people some money. It's called the bargain center. In there (at the moment) we have some group buys setup for the FXR kits for 2014/15 Chevy and Sierra. Essentially it will yield you about a 20% savings or right around $65. All you need to do is make a group buy purchase (in full, not a deposit). Once 10 buyers have purchased the group buy will be complete and start over. If you purchase you need to be mindful that your discount is due to the group buy discount. Until the group buy is complete nothing ships. A group buy may take a few days to a month to complete. If you are in a hurry this is not for you unless you and some buddies can rally and all head over to the site and make your purchases. In the unlikely event that you have been waiting a month we will email you and give you the option to receive a refund.

We are hoping that this new offering will help save folks money. If you look at the stock status you can see how many more purchases need to be made till the group buy is complete. These numbers will be updated twice a day. Here is the link

http://www.fastheadlights.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=1899

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Can you tell me about these:

2014-15 GMC Sierra 1500/2500/3500 FXR retrofit kit

I have a 2015 Sierra SLE. I hate my headlights

Can you tell me about these: 2014-15 GMC Sierra 1500/2500/3500 FXR retrofit kit

I have a 2015 Sierra SLE. I hate my headlights

This is a very popular kit we have been selling for over about 2 years now. Have sold a few hundred. Many members on here have retrofitted their lights using this kit. The fxr is a tremendous improvement over the factory projectors. Probably rates about a 5 out of 10 difficulty wise for the install.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I purchased an hid kit with the capacitors and the single relay harness. I did plug the capacitor between the buld and ballest then ballast to the realy harness and the light did not work.

They only work with out the capacitor, but when the DRL is on the bulbs flicker.

So as for now I have to shut off the auto lights during the day.

When I first bought the set up I thought I only needed the capacitors. And of course the light only worked when the truck was off, then shut off when the truck was turned on. I tried flipping the wires every way possible but just one way cancelled the other way to keep the light on or not work.

So wtf is the correct way I've seen vids and don't get it why my light don't work.

Ok I'm going to bite the bullet and buy new GM projector LTZ headlights but want to make sure that it uses the same plug connector. Does anyone know?

I feel pretty certain that GM wouldn't have two different bulb sizes on different trim level trucks. They should all be H11 for the low beams and 9005 for the high beams. Even if for some outrageous reason they are different you can typically find adapters to change from one style to the next for cheap on the internet (amazon.com, ebay, etc.).

No not what plugs into the bulb but the harness plug in the back of the headlight housing that connects to the main wiring harness.

The only other thing that should plug in on that assembly would be the running lights and I didn't mention that in the previous post but they should all be the same plugs assuming your WT has running lights (I am not familiar with the WT trims). If for some reason they are not you can get adapters to make them work for about $10. It really should just be a plug and play as long as the LTZ assembly will fit. I believe the only swap that has been done on this forum is putting the LTZ assemblies in the LT trims.

The only other thing that should plug in on that assembly would be the running lights and I didn't mention that in the previous post but they should all be the same plugs assuming your WT has running lights (I am not familiar with the WT trims). If for some reason they are not you can get adapters to make them work for about $10. It really should just be a plug and play as long as the LTZ assembly will fit. I believe the only swap that has been done on this forum is putting the LTZ assemblies in the LT trims.

No not what plugs into the bulb but the harness plug in the back of the headlight housing that connects to the main wiring harness.

I haven't found anyone that has installed the LTZ projectors into the Work Truck Trim but I have seen a few LT to LTZ swaps and everyone says they are plug and play so you should be okay. I am posting a link to a similar thread below:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153376-2014-silverado-headlights/

So I bought my hid kit from the retrofit source. I bought the Silverado specific one for my truck. Silverado '15. My kit did not come with the resistor thing. On the online intructions it shows one should be included. Oh and I also have a slight humming or buzzing sound that goes away once I turn off the hids. Idk if that's related to not running a resistor or what not

Just wanted to see if others running the same kit did get that resistor thing. My lights flicker here and there but for the most part stay on fine at night. Just installed last night so I can't call trs to ask them

Thanks

Edited by Avinad