2014+ Leveling Kits

Took some new photos today. No issues at all with this setup, except wanting to go higher without cutting my truck up..

RC 2” front level only

33x12.5x20 tires (305/55/20) says both sizes on tire

20x9 +0 wheels

c116dc74a62cd39b6bd01ae1b85ae0e7.jpg203159b7c290cb5b06d5d499e149ba6c.jpgdec9eb9db3c2872c2897f47b88ebe946.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you not rubbing with just a 2" with 305x55's and a 0 offset? I have a 2.5" and wanting to go 35x12's with a -44 offset and from what I've read it will rub. What tires are you running?

• Like 1

305/55 is a 33x12.5 (actually says both sizes on the tire) falken wildpeak

20x9 with a 0 offset

A lot different from the 35x12.5 that you want. As well as your offset is a lot more aggressive than mine.

305/55 is a 33x12.5 (actually says both sizes on the tire) falken wildpeak

20x9 with a 0 offset

A lot different from the 35x12.5 that you want. As well as your offset is a lot more aggressive than mine.

I like your set up, Gives it that beefy look everyone looks for. I was planning on going to 35's but I don't think its worth the aggravation of trying to squeeze it in that square wheel well so I'm thinking of going with the 33x12.5 Atturo Trail Blade X/T (possible M/T) on a -44 offset for that stance/aggressive look. not as beefy as yours look tho.

How are you not rubbing with just a 2" with 305x55's and a 0 offset? I have a 2.5" and wanting to go 35x12's with a -44 offset and from what I've read it will rub. What tires are you running?

35s will rub on a level pretty much regardless of offset.

I've seen some people able to trim the fender liner and get away with it, but it still rubs from what i've heard. Never heard of anyone pulling it off successfully.

Biggest tires i've seen fit without rubbing are 295/70/18 nitto terra grapplers.

35s will rub on a level pretty much regardless of offset.

I've seen some people able to trim the fender liner and get away with it, but it still rubs from what i've heard. Never heard of anyone pulling it off successfully.

Biggest tires i've seen fit without rubbing are 295/70/18 nitto terra grapplers.

I've been brain melting reading this thread over and over trying to find a the best set up and I have come across on another forum someone fitting 35's with a 20x9 on just a level and he had to do a lot of trimming and cutting. But with all the research over the weeks I have been able to stash a couple more bucks so I can now pull the trigger on a set of aftermarket wheels lol. I don't mind the tie back of felt I just don't want to have to cut into a fender at all and definitely don't want wheel spacers. I know the 295's will fit for sure with no issues. I don't plan on going off roading at all so I don't mind a snug fit with the 305's at a -44 offset.

I've been brain melting reading this thread over and over trying to find a the best set up and I have come across on another forum someone fitting 35's with a 20x9 on just a level and he had to do a lot of trimming and cutting. But with all the research over the weeks I have been able to stash a couple more bucks so I can now pull the trigger on a set of aftermarket wheels lol. I don't mind the tie back of felt I just don't want to have to cut into a fender at all and definitely don't want wheel spacers. I know the 295's will fit for sure with no issues. I don't plan on going off roading at all so I don't mind a snug fit with the 305's at a -44 offset.

A -44 offset is going to be pretty far out there. I haven't paid much attention to that particular offset, but i would imagine you might have rubbing with a lot of different tire sizes on that much of a negative offset.

Maybe someone else can chime in and help out with experience or findings?

The 295/70/18s i was referring to were on +18 offset wheels, the -44 will stick out probably 2.5-3 inches more than the +18 offset.

Edited by tyrich88

I know the 295's will fit for sure with no issues.

Bad assumption. With a level, you can fit 33x11 as long as you stay 0 to stock offset. That's it...no magic makes it any better. Anything bigger is going to hit something when in a parking lot.....and even worse if you are ever in an off-angle situation.

-44 All bets are off. Very few people running bro-dozer offset like that so you will have very little data to go on.

Even 4.5 lifts recommend no larger than 33x12.5 because they know you will want your truck to go more than just straight.

Bad assumption. With a level, you can fit 33x11 as long as you stay 0 to stock offset. That's it...no magic makes it any better. Anything bigger is going to hit something when in a parking lot.....and even worse if you are ever in an off-angle situation.

-44 All bets are off. Very few people running bro-dozer offset like that so you will have very little data to go on.

Even 4.5 lifts recommend no larger than 33x12.5 because they know you will want your truck to go more than just straight.

I cant remember the thread I saw it on another forum but if I can find it I'll post it. He had a 2500 with a level and had the -44 wrapped in 33x12.5's with minor rubbing. I don't know what the ratio of stock height between the 1500's and 2500's are so that may of played a factor in it as well.

this thread is great for the practical people asking questions and getting personal opinions and knowledge but I also use customwheeloffset.com as reference to different tire/wheel setups and visuals too. For example here's a 14' 1500 on 33x12.5's with a +1 offset on a 2" RC level and in the details he claims there is no rubbing and had to do no trimming. https://www.customwheeloffset.com/truck-show/wheel-offset-gallery/9019/wheel-offset-2014-chevrolet-silverado-1500-aggressive-1-outside-fender-leveling-kit-custom-rims

this thread is great for the practical people asking questions and getting personal opinions and knowledge but I also use customwheeloffset.com as reference to different tire/wheel setups and visuals too. For example here's a 14' 1500 on 33x12.5's with a +1 offset on a 2" RC level and in the details he claims there is no rubbing and had to do no trimming. https://www.customwheeloffset.com/truck-show/wheel-offset-gallery/9019/wheel-offset-2014-chevrolet-silverado-1500-aggressive-1-outside-fender-leveling-kit-custom-rims

but that is NOT a 35x12 which is what your original question is (if i'm not mistaken)....there is a huge difference between 33x12 and 35x12...maybe i missed something...

I cant remember the thread I saw it on another forum but if I can find it I'll post it. He had a 2500 with a level and had the -44 wrapped in 33x12.5's with minor rubbing. I don't know what the ratio of stock height between the 1500's and 2500's are so that may of played a factor in it as well.

A 2500 with a level will have about as much fender clearance as a 1500 with a 4" lift....so if that guy was rubbing with -44 and 33x12.5....then there's no way you'll clear a 35" without cutting a lot of metal. I don't think you'll even be able to clear a 33x12.5 and -44 with a 2.5" lift....without cutting metal.

There was a google doc link floating around with a spreadsheet for members to post their trucks, suspension mods and wheels/tires with results but it didn’t stay very up to date. If there was a more streamlined way to incorporate this into the thread it would save members a lot of searching and scouring these pages. Possibly cut down on the “hey will this setup rub?” posts by new members.

I would say if you want tires any bigger than stock, you're way safer going with a less extreme offset.

Those -44s will stick out A LOT and you're VERY limited on what you can run without chopping a bunch of metal.

stock offset (around +25) all the way out to 0 offset are much safer and the 0 offset doesn't give quite as much stance but still looks awesome.

Finally got around to snapping these pics. Its tough to really get a good angle at it, but there is zero rub. I have about a 1/2" of clearance. It seems like now that the GM wheel wells are a tad more boxy than earlier models, we also have a bit more room to hit bumps while turning/in reverse also. My driveway is pretty steep, and when backing out at an angle, I still dont rub at full lock. That being said, Im pretty confident in saying I found the absolute limit as far as tire size goes for just a 2" level and stock wheels.

Photobucket blanked out all your pictures! Any update on the 305/65r18s? Wearing good? Any off-road condition problems with rubbing?

There was a google doc link floating around with a spreadsheet for members to post their trucks, suspension mods and wheels/tires with results but it didn’t stay very up to date. If there was a more streamlined way to incorporate this into the thread it would save members a lot of searching and scouring these pages. Possibly cut down on the “hey will this setup rub?” posts by new members.

Here you go! I was the one that started it, it had some traction early and then died out.

Form to add your info is here

Data is here

• Like 1