2014+ Leveling Kits

What is everyone's thought on the MotoFab lifts? Looking at purchasing the 1.5" level kit for my 2014 1500 Denali. Thoughts are welcomed.

I went with the Motofab 2.5” and I love it. I was able to get 285/70/17 MXT’s on there with zero rubbing. Rides like stock in my opinion.

c3c0303ccef6e27ba37384e3146221c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it that rough country is only spot that asks for control arm type? MotoFab doesn’t ask at all, and nothing gets installed as a preload spacer - it’s all right on top of strut like older models.

Edited by Criscone

I went with the Motofab 2.5” and I love it. I was able to get 285/70/17 MXT’s on there with zero rubbing. Rides like stock in my opinion. c3c0303ccef6e27ba37384e3146221c6.jpg

Great looking ride. I just ordered Falken Wildpeak AT3W 275/55R20. I'm torn on either the 1.5" or 2" level.

• Like 1

Great looking ride. I just ordered Falken Wildpeak AT3W 275/55R20. I'm torn on either the 1.5" or 2" level.

Thanks man!! I love the way it sits right now, but I have to do something because I left no rake. When I hook up the boat she squats and looks like shit. I’ll probably do air shocks in the back so I can keep the look and then give it some air when I tow. I don’t tow a whole lot right now other than my small boat, so it will be a project for the winter While the boat is stored. We are looking at a camper too so that will definitely make the bags a priority.

Why is it that rough country is only spot that asks for control arm type? MotoFab doesn’t ask at all, and nothing gets installed as a preload spacer - it’s all right on top of strut like older models.

Rough country uses a spacer between the lower control arm and the strut assembly. The different control arms might have different hole spacing or thickness (would need different length bolts).

Edited by KyleGT

I get that part, and yes it’s the thickness. I’m talking about the reason some companies use just a top 2.5” spacer on TOP of strut while others use a 2” lower and .5 upper. Also why is it that my 15’ has the .5 spacer on TOP of strut but my 16 would have to have it on top of the coil spring as a preload and not on top anymore.?

Searched for two days now...... Anyway i have a 2016 LTZ midnight editon. i am looking at leveling, my question is for Nitto trail grapplers, can i run a 285/65r18 or the 275/70r18 on the stock 18's without rubbing? there seems to be some that are making things work without cutting and others that are saying it cant be done. I'm at a loss on what to do.... TIA

Either should fit fine on a stock trucks with stock rims. If you level 2" or more, both should clear with no problem. I say "should" because those are popular sizes and many people on this forum are running them without issue. At worst, the 285s might hit your UCA, but it won't be bad.

For anyone who had a level kit and then upgraded to Bilsteins...

Did you keep your level and put the Bilsteins in at lowest setting? Or did you take the level out and put the Bilsteins in at highest setting?

I've heard the Bilsteins at highest setting is a "rougher" ride. And I don't want to lose the quarter inch as I have the MotoFab 2" level kit.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

For anyone who had a level kit and then upgraded to Bilsteins...

Did you keep your level and put the Bilsteins in at lowest setting? Or did you take the level out and put the Bilsteins in at highest setting?

I've heard the Bilsteins at highest setting is a "rougher" ride. And I don't want to lose the quarter inch as I have the MotoFab 2" level kit.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call the bils at the highest setting rough but theres no bounce really compared to the factory shocks i replaced. bumps are a quick jolt. It can be a little hash at times but ill take that over the bouncing up and down any day.

5100s at highest setting on 275/60r20 KO2's

psUCCbe.jpg

• Like 1

I wouldn't call the bils at the highest setting rough but theres no bounce really compared to the factory shocks i replaced. bumps are a quick jolt. It can be a little hash at times but ill take that over the bouncing up and down any day.

5100s at highest setting on 275/60r20 KO2's

psUCCbe.jpg

Looks sharp!

What are you averaging MPG?

Searched for two days now...... Anyway i have a 2016 LTZ midnight editon. i am looking at leveling, my question is for Nitto trail grapplers, can i run a 285/65r18 or the 275/70r18 on the stock 18's without rubbing? there seems to be some that are making things work without cutting and others that are saying it cant be done. I'm at a loss on what to do.... TIA

I'm running BFG KO2s in 275/70R18 and did on stock wheels for a couple years with no issues whatsoever.

If you level you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I also ran 285/65/18 BFG KOs on stock wheels with and without a level and never had any rubbing.

I would think you would be perfectly fine with those.

They shouldn't be wide enough to rub anything. At most I would think you might have to trim the felt fender liner just ever so slightly as the 275/70s are decently tall.

I also have been researching this for weeks. Think I'm leaning towards a pro ryde 2.5" kit and leave out the .5 spacer on the top for a 2" front lift.

Then go with a added 1" in the rear also from pro ryde.

Then go BFG KO2's 285/65-18 on my stockers.

Wish they offered more 295/65/18 that were not so damn expensive.