Price paid?

I want you guys to know that GM Employee Price cant be combined with the GM fuillup GM Card earnings to 4k. I had two different prices on the same truck at one dealer, it was 57k, about 10,200 off through GM Employee Pricing + Incentives, same Truck was 11k off going with GM Card fillup + Incentives/Dealer Come Off.

My thoughts are dealers can come off 5 grand on 45k+ Trucks(I could be wrong..), plus all incentives.

My current deal was dealer come off 7k on 47k with all incentives plus autoshow 500 that is here, plus 4145 gm earnings, plus 1k private offer, this is a no trade deal so there is no trade money hidden in it. I am going to attempt another 350 off plus free bedliner and cargo lights, that's about 500 bucks dealer charge, always push for free bedliner, they cost them maybe 150 for the liner and I think they expect to get the give accessories request.

PS I am not getting gm loyalty on this deal, don't currently own a GM vehicle.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, that is a great deal. Looks like the GM Card cash is what gets you a smoking deal these days.

That deal is way better than anything I can get using employee pricing, but then again, I don't have a GM Card, and that extra $4K for your GM Card is what makes it a hot deal.

I am looking at basically the same truck (MSRP $48,020) and so far the best I have done is:

MSRP $48020

Employ price $42732

current rebates -$3900

chevy private offer -$1000

Total $37,832 ($10,188 off sticker)

TTL + $2700

total $40,532 OTD

Maybe its worth getting the gm card for the future, once a year they :"top you off".

So quick question, I am never good at negotiations, is it still possible to negotiate more even though I signed the purchase order? I have not picked up the truck yet and I have to inspect that they fixed the light and the rear sliding window.

2014 GM Sierra Truck

MSRP $53720.00

Dealer Invoice $50481.38 Not icluding holdback, finance credit etc / True Net for dealer being $48221.48

GM Employee $47898.12

Supplier $49842.00

Then Minus any rebates, incentives and so on.

What does this mean "Not icluding holdback, finance credit etc / True Net for dealer being $48221.48" and what became the final price?

Because they get a finance credit for the vehicle depending how long they hold it, along with a holdback the dealer gets paid, most dealers have advertising groups that get added to cost and so on.

Final price is how well you negotiate. Considering that is usually only half the negotiation that is the easy part. Most people have a trade-in. Just remember that saleman isnt the person making anything on a new truck. Most get paid a commision of $100 to $200 and sometimes a spin from GM to pick up some extra $. So be kind to them. I was a finance manager for 15 years at a large GM store, left the business in 1996. In closing most all dealers wont dip into hold back on something that is decent merchandise.

Because they get a finance credit for the vehicle depending how long they hold it, along with a holdback the dealer gets paid, most dealers have advertising groups that get added to cost and so on.

Final price is how well you negotiate. Considering that is usually only half the negotiation that is the easy part. Most people have a trade-in. Just remember that saleman isnt the person making anything on a new truck. Most get paid a commision of $100 to $200 and sometimes a spin from GM to pick up some extra $. So be kind to them. I was a finance manager for 15 years at a large GM store, left the business in 1996. In closing most all dealers wont dip into hold back on something that is decent merchandise.

Let me email you something, i have a question....

What was the MSRP?

Original Sticker price was at $39,7XX. Negotiation price landed right around $37,005. $4400 in rebates and incentives and adding $1900 for taxes and fees got me to my out the door price.

Truck also came with factory bed liner, mud flaps, and floor mats as dealer throw in's.

so when i bought my 2014 sierra it was the first truck that i have ever bought brand new and i got 8 grand off msrp. but in the future i would love to special order a truck. my question is, and this may be a dumb one but I'm new to this, is if you special order what happens do you pay full msrp price? or when do you talk price?

Just picked up my new Crew Cab LTZ Z71, standard cab today. MSRP came in at just under $51k. Out the door at $43, 591, including all taxes, title, etc. Had a trade in which I had to work a lot on but they came around and gave me what I wanted for it.

Just picked up my CC SB LTZ 6.2L Max Tow. MSRP 49,800 Final price 37,500 including TTL. This included 2900 Presidents sale, 500 auto show and 3300 topped of GM points, and 4500 trade equity. If you are wondering I can verify that you cannot use the 1500 loyalty offers floating around. You can also not use the pop-up 1,000 as they consider it a private offer and you cannot use 2 private offers together. GM considers the 1500 in the presidents day a private offer not allowing you to combine the others.

WOW, that is a great deal. Looks like the GM Card cash is what gets you a smoking deal these days.

That deal is way better than anything I can get using employee pricing, but then again, I don't have a GM Card, and that extra $4K for your GM Card is what makes it a hot deal.

I am looking at basically the same truck (MSRP $48,020) and so far the best I have done is:

MSRP $48020

Employ price $42732

current rebates -$3900

chevy private offer -$1000

Total $37,832 ($10,188 off sticker)

TTL + $2700

total $40,532 OTD

As many suspected, when I sat down to actually complete that deal, the deal fell apart over the $1000 chevy private offer.... over the phone the salesman said they were stackable, but obviously the finance dept, said otherwise when I showed up to complete the deal. They explained that part of the Presidents Day incentives were coded as a private offer. Only one private offer per transaction, so the $1000 private offer coupon ended up being worthless.

I went to another dealer and found a similar truck and signed a purchase agreement on it last night.

2014 Summit White CC short box LT w/2LT Z71, 5.3, Convenience package, Buckets, Bose, trailer brake, LED bed lighting/moveable hooks, wheel locks.

MSRP $47175

Employ $42166 ($5K off sticker)

Doc/EVS/transfer $247

Price $42413

Inc Cash -$1400

Package Cash -$1000

Pres Day Cah/Loy -$1500 (-$3900 total rebates)

Total $38,513

TAX (MI 6%) $2544 (on $42,413)

Total $41,057

Dealer Add ons thrown in; (about $650 worth)

Line-X - Under the rail spray-in bed liner

all black door handles/mirrors upgraded to LTZ chrome.

Had a very beat up 2003 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 with 175,000 miles (with the check engine light on!) to trade.

Offered them my trade and $36,2000 OTD.

They accepted. I pick it up Friday.

Looks like a great deal and I am betting that it is a relief to unload the 2003 you just get sick of one after a few years. Not many people can take advantage of the employee discount but if good at negotiating they can still get about where you are at on this deal. Awesome trucks I know that people are continuously bitch in them out on these forums but they really are great vehicles. I drove them all and picked what I thought was the BEST. Not sure what Ford will be bringing to the table in 2015 but they have some catching up to do on refinement IMO. Ford/Dodge also made my GM buying decision very easy since the Ford/Dodge Dealerships in my area were not willing to deal like these GM dealerships...... Much better product for less money Hmmmm what would a person do LOL

Archived