Price paid?

Y

ou might go to the build your own truck site and check but I thought that the truck month discount was around $3,700.00? but not sure what else can be stacked with that? My MSRP on a Sierra was about the same at $51,845.00 and my sale price was $43,099.00 plus tax title and license and that was January 17th I think there are even better incentives now so you should be able to do better than what you currently have. Note: I have access to the supplier pricing but did not use as the negotiated pricing was better!!!!!!

http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/build-your-own.html

Truck month discount of $3700 is just supplier pricing, rather then make people get the authorization code for supplier pricing/credit union pricing etc. this month Chevy is offering the discount to everyone automatically... So if you look truck month discount takes truck from $51455 down to $47805 ($3650 Discount) minus additional incentives...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silverado Doublecab 4.3 w/ All Star package

Tungsten Metalic

msrp $37,520

OTD after tax (4%) / tag / title

$30,828

with rhino spray in bed liner no charge.

What do you think?

I'd say that's not a bad deal at all.

Truck month discount of $3700 is just supplier pricing, rather then make people get the authorization code for supplier pricing/credit union pricing etc. this month Chevy is offering the discount to everyone automatically... So if you look truck month discount takes truck from $51455 down to $47805 ($3650 Discount) minus additional incentives...

looks like they need to take off 1000 more for him then if that is the case. Then they might have some holdback and profit that they may want to give might be closer to 40k than 44k when they get finished with that deal. Dang it I may just go buy another since they are soooooooooooo cheap.

First post but I have been trolling for awhile. Im in the market for a 14 silverado to replace my 09 silverado. Ive visited my three local dealerships and this is the best deal I have found and would like some feedback. crew cab short box LT Z71 blue topaz.

MSRP- $43,600 (Invoice date of 08-13 so it beat some of the price increases...$45,100 to "build" exact truck at todays prices)

dealership "sale" price- $39,000

rebates- $5000....($4000 from Chevrolet plus $1000 private offer)

trade in allowance $14,500 (09 Silverado Crew Cab LS 2wd 37xxx miles...ends up being $13,500 after $1000 payoff)

documentary fee- $479

license and fees-$45.50

Taxes- $1912

total amount financed OTD - $22,937

This will be my first time ever purchasing a brand new vehicle and although I feel this is a fair price ($9600 off of sticker) I would like some input from the veterans. I think my trade-in offer is pretty low but they will not negotiate the price any further. Would you bite or wait for better incentives, price?

First post but I have been trolling for awhile. Im in the market for a 14 silverado to replace my 09 silverado. Ive visited my three local dealerships and this is the best deal I have found and would like some feedback. crew cab short box LT Z71 blue topaz.

MSRP- $43,600 (Invoice date of 08-13 so it beat some of the price increases...$45,100 to "build" exact truck at todays prices)

trade in allowance $14,500 (09 Silverado Crew Cab LS 2wd 37xxx miles...ends up being $13,500 after $1000 payoff)

documentary fee- $479

license and fees-$45.50

Taxes- $1912

This will be my first time ever purchasing a brand new vehicle and although I feel this is a fair price ($9600 off of sticker) I would like some input from the veterans. I think my trade-in offer is pretty low but they will not negotiate the price any further. Would you bite or wait for better incentives, price?

You have such low miles on that '09, why not keep it? I think they are really low balling you on the trade in value.

documentary fee- $479

license and fees-$45.50

Taxes- $1912

I do not know I had a 09 for a trade also and all that I can tell you is that when I looked around and found what I wanted I just ran some numbers and decided what my max amount difference was going to be (20k difference for any and all costs). I ended up spending 21,300, I am 1300 over budget sooooooooo now NO Beer and No Cigs for at least 6 months it is quite a sacrifice but I do like the truck!!!! I got 24300 out of a 09 with 87k miles but it was a CC SB SLT 4whl drive. If you go look at what the trucks are selling for and then check the kelly blue book etc you can get a good feel for what it is really worth on the market. Do not forget to allow for the tax savings on the tradein allowance amount and calculate that into your total. I like the CarGurus site for real world pricing check it out at http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2009-GMC-Sierra-1500-Work-Truck-ev378 looks like just scanning through quickly on a few LT's that your trade in should easily sell on the market for 20k retail so they look to be leaving you LIGHT on your trade alllowance!!!!!!

man it sure is fun to truck shop and those sales guys are pretty desperate right now especially if they find out you are paying CASH kind of like a Vanderbilt College football playa they refuse to hear the word NO just be sure not to truck shop after a drinking binge you might well git scrued!!

to make this really fun I would pick a number that is easily affordable for you say 17k CASH out the door to cover everything along with your trade and go find a truck that has everything you want plus maybe some extra crap that you really do not need and negotiate like crazy..... When they fall flat down on the floor and start hitting the floor with their hand and say they are tapped then you know that you have a good start on your negotiations. Note: IMO if you do not have the cash to pay the difference you need to keep what you have and simply stop the beer and cigs for a while and save it up. Financing is not recommended on a depreciating asset like this. That is a highway to staying strapped and working for da man all your life.

I've been reading everyone's posts for the last month. I'm glad to know there are others out there that are as excited about a new truck as I am :) Would anyone let me know what I can expect to pay for the following? I live in Indiana (not sure if that makes a difference)

-2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE, Short Box, RWD V6, Bucket Seats and 20 inch Rims.

I receive the GM Employee Discount. I've never bought a Truck before and am really excited about the GMC Sierra :) I've also never went through a vehicle negotiation. I am going to be trading in my 2009 Chevy Malibu LS (101,000 miles, Chrome Door Handles, Tinted Windows, Chevy Exhaust Tip). My car is in really nice condition. Anyone have any recommendations on how I should go about negotiating? Like I said, I have never done this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

On 9/27/2013 the truck was listed at $33,500 and got this reduced to $29,300 less my trade in. I went into the dealership without a trade in. After 10/7/2013 the price of the truck when up $2,050 plus $33,500. Regular cabs have less discounts.

I've been reading everyone's posts for the last month. I'm glad to know there are others out there that are as excited about a new truck as I am :) Would anyone let me know what I can expect to pay for the following? I live in Indiana (not sure if that makes a difference)

-2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE, Short Box, RWD V6, Bucket Seats and 20 inch Rims.

I receive the GM Employee Discount. I've never bought a Truck before and am really excited about the GMC Sierra :) I've also never went through a vehicle negotiation. I am going to be trading in my 2009 Chevy Malibu LS (101,000 miles, Chrome Door Handles, Tinted Windows, Chevy Exhaust Tip). My car is in really nice condition. Anyone have any recommendations on how I should go about negotiating? Like I said, I have never done this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Learn from my mistakes. Be able to walk away from the table and come back at another time. Talk to another dealership to see what they can price things. Check the find print and refuse to pay for etching and that under armor wax bullshit. What I was lucky enough to do was negotiate for a final OTD price so when they tried to spring this crap at the last minute, I told them I refuse to pay as I negotiated an OTD price for everything including licenses and fees. When you do buy it and on the day you are doing your final paperwork. Bring a calculator and check there numbers. I almost got screwed by 1500 bucks because of that.

I hate negotiating on cars and trucks. The whole process is a complete bullshit. Stand firm on your talks. Remember you can ask for any add ons or even probably take a few off. It is all negotiable. But be will to walk away and if they ask for a number you feel. Go lower than what you think you are willing to pay and see if he is will to work down more.

I don't know what else to say. I wish I brought a buddy because I think I left a few grand on the table. :(

Thanks, Rock1500. That is great advice. I am in the position to where I can walk away. I don't have to have a new truck any time soon.....just would like one :) Should I include my trade in vehicle when I ask for an OTD price? Should I even mention that I have a trade in vehicle up front? Didn't know if that would help or hurt my situation. Thanks again for the advice :)

Thanks, Rock1500. That is great advice. I am in the position to where I can walk away. I don't have to have a new truck any time soon.....just would like one :) Should I include my trade in vehicle when I ask for an OTD price? Should I even mention that I have a trade in vehicle up front? Didn't know if that would help or hurt my situation. Thanks again for the advice :)

Tell them you havent decided and that you will most likely be selling to a friend and then spring it on them at the end that you will trade it in. I gave to much info at the start. You are better off not telling them much. The less they know the better

2014 Sierra SLE

Double cab 5.3 2wd

MSRP 40,870

OTD with 6&1/4 Texas tax rate 35,300.

Had to jump on it because I finally found someone who would give me pay off for my 07 Shelby GT.

I would try to find the largest dealership in your area, the one that I finally bought from had 4 different locations in the same town selling different brands. The small guys were a bit too shrewd to deal with for my deal. With the big boys I believe it is a matter of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing sometimes. Let whomever you work with move towards your number (first you have to know what that number is!) pay cash and stick to your guns and you will get a great deal. They actually gave me more on my trade than it would sell for on the open market which I do not think would ever have happened at a small dealership................. Patience is the key it might take them a couple of weeks to come around to your way of thinking. I have noticed that most car and truck pricing websites are full of hooey the research to find real world values is a bit time consuming but well worth the effort in the end. Note: this works really well with home improvement projects also most of the home improvement companies come in with dollars signs in their eyes I rate them right along side the car salesmen. Have you ever seen the movie Tin Men with Danny Devito? Might want to rent that or pull it up on Netflix it will open your eyes to the sales world LOL. Good Luck

I just got back from the dealer and I feel like I am missing something. I am looking at the 2014 Crew 4x4 with allstar and some other small options.

Sticker is $45,535

supplier price $42,343

employee (I cant get) is $40,699

Invoice is $42,860 (which has a few numbers in it: $40860, H/B $1333, ADV $222, EXP $444)

There first offer is supplier price less current incentives: $38,843

Should I be able to get them to $41 or $41.5k before incentives?

Archived