Price paid?

As many suspected, when I sat down to actually complete that deal, the deal fell apart over the $1000 chevy private offer.... over the phone the salesman said they were stackable, but obviously the finance dept, said otherwise when I showed up to complete the deal. They explained that part of the Presidents Day incentives were coded as a private offer. Only one private offer per transaction, so the $1000 private offer coupon ended up being worthless.

I went to another dealer and found a similar truck and signed a purchase agreement on it last night.

2014 Summit White CC short box LT w/2LT Z71, 5.3, Convenience package, Buckets, Bose, trailer brake, LED bed lighting/moveable hooks, wheel locks.

MSRP $47175

Employ $42166 ($5K off sticker)

Doc/EVS/transfer $247

Price $42413

Inc Cash -$1400

Package Cash -$1000

Pres Day Cah/Loy -$1500 (-$3900 total rebates)

Total $38,513

TAX (MI 6%) $2544 (on $42,413)

Total $41,057

Dealer Add ons thrown in; (about $650 worth)

Line-X - Under the rail spray-in bed liner

all black door handles/mirrors upgraded to LTZ chrome.

Had a very beat up 2003 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 with 175,000 miles (with the check engine light on!) to trade.

Offered them my trade and $36,2000 OTD.

They accepted. I pick it up Friday.

Much more descriptive, detailed, and helpful price analysis than just "$XX,XXX OTD". You got a great deal, especially w/ using EMPLOY. Congrats & enjoy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So quick question, I am never good at negotiations, is it still possible to negotiate more even though I signed the purchase order? I have not picked up the truck yet and I have to inspect that they fixed the light and the rear sliding window.

Its never too late. A signed purchase agreement doesn't mean anything. A dealer can back out on a signed purchase agreement, so you can too. If you don't like the deal, then don't take delivery and certainly don't make a single payment or deposit.

Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for quite some time and just became a new member. I factory ordered on November 17, 2013 and I am expecting my truck in within the next week. I have a few concerns about price, however.

The MSRP is ridiculously high up here in northern Alberta, so for an SLT fully loaded it came out to $62,925. I work for a large company (~5500 employees) so we get a "great deal" of 1% over dealer cost. At the time there was $3500 in GM incentives, 2% financing for 2 years (higher for more years), and I was told I was not able to stack GM truck loyalty or anything on top of this price because I was already getting the best deal... I was planning on selling my 2005 2500HD privately because the dealer usually can't come close to offering what the truck is worth. So here are my details as of November:

- MSRP: $62,975
- Dealer Price: $54,344
- Customer paid gross profit (1% margin): $543.44
- Commercial Employee Discount: $6437.56 (this supposedly is GM rebate + commercial deal; I think something is wrong here, like the $3500 was not included)
- Freight Destination Charge: $1650
- Total Transaction: $56,537.44

Down Payment: $20,000, finance the rest at 2% for 2 years.

I have shopped around at dealers in other cities (including one my friend works at) and they were not able to do better than this price. Here's my issue:
My other buddy has just ordered a 2014 Denali this week and his deal was way better. $4000 higher MSRP and $1000 cheaper total.

- MSRP: $67,015
- Commercial Employee Discount: $6527
- GM Rebates: $5250 (Includes SLT Rebate of $1000. *He would also get an additional $1000 if he drove a truck with a bed currently, like I do)
- Total Transaction: $55,238
Down Payment: $12,000, finance the rest at 0% for 4 years.

Our dealer says that if there is a better deal before delivery of our trucks, we can accept it, but our offer will never get worse. I am concerned that the March incentives may change, so should I be pushing the dealership today? I feel like they didn't work my offer out properly in the first place (he talked to a different salesman).

Please advise soon, the person I spoke to is working this morning only.

Its never too late. A signed purchase agreement doesn't mean anything. A dealer can back out on a signed purchase agreement, so you can too. If you don't like the deal, then don't take delivery and certainly don't make a single payment or deposit.

He can definitely back out of the deal, but as his originial question was can he renegotiate after signing a purchase order, that is going to be harder to do.

Sierra Crew cab short box SLT

quicksilver metallic

All Terrain & All Terrain plus pkg

NAV

MSRP $50,400

OTD price $41,489

(doesnt include TTL and I dont have a GM card)

Thanks for clarifying your pricing as some people are getting the OTD price and price paid confused it seems..The actual sale price of the vehicle before TTL is a good way to compare apples to apples since TTL varies from state to state. Looks to be a very good deal from looking at everyone else's data you got almost 9k off MSRP impressive. Was this a demo truck? Anything special about the vehicle that made it have more rebates such as a V6 engine??

Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for quite some time and just became a new member. I factory ordered on November 17, 2013 and I am expecting my truck in within the next week. I have a few concerns about price, however.

The MSRP is ridiculously high up here in northern Alberta, so for an SLT fully loaded it came out to $62,925. I work for a large company (~5500 employees) so we get a "great deal" of 1% over dealer cost. At the time there was $3500 in GM incentives, 2% financing for 2 years (higher for more years), and I was told I was not able to stack GM truck loyalty or anything on top of this price because I was already getting the best deal... I was planning on selling my 2005 2500HD privately because the dealer usually can't come close to offering what the truck is worth. So here are my details as of November:

- MSRP: $62,975

- Dealer Price: $54,344

- Customer paid gross profit (1% margin): $543.44

- Commercial Employee Discount: $6437.56 (this supposedly is GM rebate + commercial deal; I think something is wrong here, like the $3500 was not included)

- Freight Destination Charge: $1650

- Total Transaction: $56,537.44

Down Payment: $20,000, finance the rest at 2% for 2 years.

I have shopped around at dealers in other cities (including one my friend works at) and they were not able to do better than this price. Here's my issue:

My other buddy has just ordered a 2014 Denali this week and his deal was way better. $4000 higher MSRP and $1000 cheaper total.

- MSRP: $67,015

- Commercial Employee Discount: $6527

- GM Rebates: $5250 (Includes SLT Rebate of $1000. *He would also get an additional $1000 if he drove a truck with a bed currently, like I do)

- Total Transaction: $55,238

Down Payment: $12,000, finance the rest at 0% for 4 years.

Our dealer says that if there is a better deal before delivery of our trucks, we can accept it, but our offer will never get worse. I am concerned that the March incentives may change, so should I be pushing the dealership today? I feel like they didn't work my offer out properly in the first place (he talked to a different salesman).

Please advise soon, the person I spoke to is working this morning only.

Go to your buddies sales guy and get an identical vehicle for the same smoking price he has already cut through the undergrowth and path is clear for that deal. Might want to get a different color though so people do not call you step brothers (Dragon and Nighthawk for all the Will Ferrell fans) Is this one of your drinking buddies? if so they tend to exaggerate sometimes so be careful and do not cancel your other deal just yet.

Thanks for clarifying your pricing as some people are getting the OTD price and price paid confused it seems..The actual sale price of the vehicle before TTL is a good way to compare apples to apples since TTL varies from state to state. Looks to be a very good deal from looking at everyone else's data you got almost 9k off MSRP impressive. Was this a demo truck? Anything special about the vehicle that made it have more rebates such as a V6 engine??

5.3 motor. New truck. I've had it about 2 weeks. Its pretty much fully loaded.(also has trailer brake controller)

Only options I didn't get were 6.2 and moon roof. They wouldn't move on the Denalis much, otherwise I would have gone that route.

I prefer the carbon fiber interior more than the wood though,.

Go to your buddies sales guy and get an identical vehicle for the same smoking price he has already cut through the undergrowth and path is clear for that deal. Might want to get a different color though so people do not call you step brothers (Dragon and Nighthawk for all the Will Ferrell fans) Is this one of your drinking buddies? if so they tend to exaggerate sometimes so be careful and do not cancel your other deal just yet.

He is a drinking buddy but I saw his deal on paper and the text message from his salesman. The dealership told me they were expecting March to be the same as Feb except removing $1000 truck loyalty for a gas card of unknown value, but they did not expect the deal to get worse. And they assured me that I could take a better deal in March, depending on what GM offers. So we'll see when my truck gets in, it was scheduled to arrive on the 24th of Feb and still isn't here yet.

2014 CC, SB, 4x4 SLT

--SLT value pkg

--Z71

--Cooled seats

--Trailer Brake Controller

--Nav

--Preferred pkg

--Driver's assist handle

MSRP: $50,575

Supplier price: $47,120

Rebates: $3,500

--$1,000 Factory rebate

--$1,000 Incremental cash

--$750 Bonus cash

--$750 USAA bank rebate

$43,620 (Total, not including TTL)

MSRP: $42,900

Paid: $38,000 (OTD) out the door

I use the method of putting two dealerships against each other. What you do is find the truck you want at two dealerships. Then call each of them and let them know about the other, then sit back and watch. I seriously had each of them calling me every few minutes taking thousands off the price. Lowest guy won. Good luck!

As many suspected, when I sat down to actually complete that deal, the deal fell apart over the $1000 chevy private offer.... over the phone the salesman said they were stackable, but obviously the finance dept, said otherwise when I showed up to complete the deal. They explained that part of the Presidents Day incentives were coded as a private offer. Only one private offer per transaction, so the $1000 private offer coupon ended up being worthless.

I went to another dealer and found a similar truck and signed a purchase agreement on it last night.

2014 Summit White CC short box LT w/2LT Z71, 5.3, Convenience package, Buckets, Bose, trailer brake, LED bed lighting/moveable hooks, wheel locks.

MSRP $47175

Employ $42166 ($5K off sticker)

Doc/EVS/transfer $247

Price $42413

Inc Cash -$1400

Package Cash -$1000

Pres Day Cah/Loy -$1500 (-$3900 total rebates)

Total $38,513

TAX (MI 6%) $2544 (on $42,413)

Total $41,057

Dealer Add ons thrown in; (about $650 worth)

Line-X - Under the rail spray-in bed liner

all black door handles/mirrors upgraded to LTZ chrome.

Had a very beat up 2003 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 with 175,000 miles (with the check engine light on!) to trade.

Offered them my trade and $36,2000 OTD.

They accepted. I pick it up Friday.

Unfortunately, the above deal fell through. The truck that my local dealer had located, was 300 miles away at another lot. We negotiated the above deal, but when my dealer contacted the other dealer, to arrange the dealer trade, the other dealer refused to trade this truck to my local dealer.... So my local dealer was not able to complete this sale. I ended up contacting the dealership 300 miles away directly and started working out a deal with them. After some negotiations, I drove the 300+ miles to sign the paperwork on Friday the 28th. The did some customization work and I picked up the truck on Saturday and drove it the 300 miles back home.

Ended up with a MUCH MUCH better deal, than the one I agreed to with my local dealer a few days ago, for the same truck.

Same CC short box Z71 as above, with MSRP of $47,165.

Total OTD price $34301.38

My original deal with my local dealer was for $36,200 OTD on the same truck/accessories and trade in, so working directly with the out of town dealer, and driving 300 miles to get the truck saved me an additional $1900.

I could not be happier! and here I thought I got a good deal on the first purchase agreement I signed for this truck, now I just got it for $2K less!!!

th_truck1.jpg

Canadian Pricing....

2014 Sierra Denali 6.2

Base Price: $58 890

Options: $6450

Destination: $1650

MSRP: $66 990.00

Invoice: $52 471

Options: $5640

Advert Adjust: $163

Destination: $1650

Total: $59 924

My OTD: $54 561.

Total Saving: $12 429

I am not sure how the incentives came out, the pricing was based on the fact that my wife's company does business with GM in the US. My salesman (good friend) said the deal that her company has means I pay less than he does. Hopefully the incentives will continue to get better as GM seems to be taking their sweet a** time producing the truck. Ordered Jan 23rd. Accepted sometime mid Feb. No TPW as of yet.

2014 CC SB, 4X4 LTZ Z71 (BLACK) BASE MSRP $45050

FRONT BUCKET SEATS $325

6" CHROME RECTANGULAR ASSIST STEPS $700

POWER SUNROOF $995

MY LINK TOUCH W/NAV $795

INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER $230

HEATED AND COOLED SEATING $650

MANUAL TILT/TELESCOPING STEERING COLUMN $100

LTZ PLUS PACKAGE $770

FRONT AND REAR MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS DEALER INSTALLED $150

DRIVER ALERT PACKAGE $845

DESTINATION $1095

DELETE POWER REAR SLIDING WINDOW ($250)

TOTAL MSRP W/ OPTIONS $51455

SUPPLIER PRICING $47805

CONSUMER CASH ($500)

TRUCK MONTH CASH ($750)

GM TRADE IN BONUS ($750)

PRIVATE OFFER ($1000)

TOTAL $44805 +TAX/TAG/DMV

TRADE APPRAISAL $25500

ANY OPINIONS... CAN I DO BETTER THEN THIS... ANY INCENTIVES DEALER ISN'T OFFERING?

Y

ou might go to the build your own truck site and check but I thought that the truck month discount was around $3,700.00? but not sure what else can be stacked with that? My MSRP on a Sierra was about the same at $51,845.00 and my sale price was $43,099.00 plus tax title and license and that was January 17th I think there are even better incentives now so you should be able to do better than what you currently have. Note: I have access to the supplier pricing but did not use as the negotiated pricing was better!!!!!!

http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/build-your-own.html

Archived