hey guys, just letting you know that i recently got my 2014 Silverado 5.3L LT Z71 back. Borla exhaust had it for almost a month. they used it to prototype their exhaust systems. they are coming out with 3 different series of exhaust sound levels. They let me choose between all three options and I chose to keep type ATAK series muffle. And guys….it sounds awesome. I’ve been driving the hell out of it and it is just awesome. There is no drone and sounds great in all gears. So be on the lookout and the Borla exhaust system sound be available soon! Pics coming soon....

So be on the lookout and the Borla exhaust system sound be available soon! Pics coming soon....

I would appreciate a video. Also, do you have any clue what it might cost?

Mike

• 3 months later...
hey guys, just letting you know that i recently got my 2014 Silverado 5.3L LT Z71 back. Borla exhaust had it for almost a month. they used it to prototype their exhaust systems. they are coming out with 3 different series of exhaust sound levels. They let me choose between all three options and I chose to keep type ATAK series muffle. And guys….it sounds awesome. I’ve been driving the hell out of it and it is just awesome. There is no drone and sounds great in all gears. So be on the lookout and the Borla exhaust system sound be available soon! Pics coming soon....

Your best bet was to attach a vid to your first post.. To save from the next 15 post asking for one. And only 100 miles to design and make up 3 different mufflers sounds kinda far fetched..most manufactures take 8 months to a year in the design process assuring maximum potential out of their systems. No way did they get it all done in 30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your best bet was to attach a vid to your first post.. To save from the next 15 post asking for one. And only 100 miles to design and make up 3 different mufflers sounds kinda far fetched..most manufactures take 8 months to a year in the design process assuring maximum potential out of their systems. No way did they get it all done in 30 days.

Seeing how it was Borla and the fact that they necessarily have most of the template already available to them from previous years of doing this, I could see them making the necessary tweaks to work out the drone.. Probably most of their time was spent on the drone since they have the 5.3's specs already down, and only minor adjustments had to be made...

With all that said, I could see 30 days as plausible just due to the fact that , it's not entirely a new motor, nor did they have to start from scratch, similar layout, and you never know whether or not they had other resources to demo with aside from his truck.

I'd pay 100 miles on my truck for a borla system, especially one installed by borla.

Corsa or Borla... Now I'm undecided again. If no drone with Borla its gonna be a hard decision. I had borla on my 2012 6.0L 2500.

Got that video yet??

I hope this isn't how they tested out their exhaust on your truck

Tapatalk via Moto X

They offered me to prototype my 6.2 too but dam if they were to need it for a month not gunna happen lol. I would rather wait but if they make an ATAK for the 6.2 im getting it those sound MEAN.

Archived