Mylink = my disappointment

again.. if the lag time is at first start up... i wouldn't be concerned. It takes a min for the system to get the gps single, pair your phone, refresh/sync your music, etc. After a min or so.. you shouldn't have any horrible lag.

I have NAVI, etc and have no complaints with my system.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what to make of this, when my ipod nano and a usb with music files were both plugged in at the same time the system would work until I displayed the map, then the system would not recognize the ipod, usb, or the cd on the DIC. It I remove the USB the system works. The usb only contains music files and worked in other vehicles. Any one have any ideas? Without the USB the system works in a reasonable amount of time. We had a ford explorer with their system and it was always having to have software updates and never worked well which is why I traded the car.

jj46,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your MyLink. I do not know if you already contacted Infotainment General Support but they are great resource for all questions you may have about the technology you have in your vehicle. Their number is 855-478-7767. Also, GM Customer Care is here on the forum if you ever have any general questions or concerns about GM products. We are only a private message away!

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

I only experience lag at startup, especially when it's been really cold out....probably be routine in the winter months. Other than that works fine but I also particularly Bluetooth Connectivity w/ my phone.

2 things I don't like - first is that my iPhone must be plugged into the USB in order to play pandora or any other app (I listen to an FM radio station digitally thru an app and w/ that must use aux input) - apparently this only concerns iPhones and no. Other smartphones??? Second is that I can't save/create random locations in an address book for the nav I can only import contact addresses from my phone or create one through there to have them saved as a name/location in the nave

Am I right on these 2 or just dumb?

• 2 weeks later...

to me the whole Navigation is terrible. I bought my 2014 truck & expected to have Nav, it says NAV on the screen. No its only turn by turn with on-star. I mean seriously, GM is that cheap! Just another coy to purchase On-Star which I have absolutely no interest in. I bought a Garmin for $150 (w/tax), it gives voice directions and has lifetime updates. You telling me GM just could not added a NAV system like. Bull, and like it was said in another post, if it really has 4 computers it should work better then it does. It is slow changing radio channels. Setting Favorites is a pain. My Android tablet works 5 times better, and it was only $300. They want over $1600 for the Nav system. I may try the on-star app for my phone and see if nav works. But no one ever answered if you actually see the map on the (infotainment) display. This is way to much work. So far infotainment system has not impressing me at all.

Slow at changing radio channels

No Navigation

Using favorites is terrible, even tried re-calibrating screen

(Off topic, the remote switch doesn't work well at all)

I had a 2012 Silverado and it was great, easy to us favorites, buttons on the steering wheel were easy to use and find with out looking down. Radio worked great. This infotainment is not new, been around for at least a yr in other GM vehicles. And seems to be junk. I agree an android table would probably perform better.

Oh and if you don't complain they don't fix things. And working with computers for over 30yrs I know this could be better.

I only experience lag at startup, especially when it's been really cold out....probably be routine in the winter months. Other than that works fine but I also particularly Bluetooth Connectivity w/ my phone.

2 things I don't like - first is that my iPhone must be plugged into the USB in order to play pandora or any other app (I listen to an FM radio station digitally thru an app and w/ that must use aux input) - apparently this only concerns iPhones and no. Other smartphones??? Second is that I can't save/create random locations in an address book for the nav I can only import contact addresses from my phone or create one through there to have them saved as a name/location in the nave

Am I right on these 2 or just dumb?

I am a spotify premium subscriber and found that my iphone does NOT have to be plugged into the USB to play music on the radio. You can check that out. I agree that it is annoying to have to plug in the phone if you want to listen to Pandora. I'm hoping that they'll allow a spotify app to be downloaded in the future if they ever roll out a GM app store.

I am a spotify premium subscriber and found that my iphone does NOT have to be plugged into the USB to play music on the radio. You can check that out. I agree that it is annoying to have to plug in the phone if you want to listen to Pandora. I'm hoping that they'll allow a spotify app to be downloaded in the future if they ever roll out a GM app store.

my Pandora works just fine through the Bluetooth (no USB connection). Yes I can change/advance to the next song too from the steering controls. You just have to make sure Pandora is launched and running on your iPhone prior to selecting it on the intellilink

Clayp, i too can BT Pandora, but how do you change it from the steering wheel? Mine won't.

I just hit the up arrow to advance to the next song. I cannot change channels just advance songs in the same channel

to me the whole Navigation is terrible. I bought my 2014 truck & expected to have Nav, it says NAV on the screen. No its only turn by turn with on-star. I mean seriously, GM is that cheap! Just another coy to purchase On-Star which I have absolutely no interest in. I bought a Garmin for $150 (w/tax), it gives voice directions and has lifetime updates. You telling me GM just could not added a NAV system like. Bull, and like it was said in another post, if it really has 4 computers it should work better then it does. It is slow changing radio channels. Setting Favorites is a pain. My Android tablet works 5 times better, and it was only $300. They want over $1600 for the Nav system. I may try the on-star app for my phone and see if nav works. But no one ever answered if you actually see the map on the (infotainment) display. This is way to much work. So far infotainment system has not impressing me at all.

Slow at changing radio channels

No Navigation

Using favorites is terrible, even tried re-calibrating screen

(Off topic, the remote switch doesn't work well at all)

I had a 2012 Silverado and it was great, easy to us favorites, buttons on the steering wheel were easy to use and find with out looking down. Radio worked great. This infotainment is not new, been around for at least a yr in other GM vehicles. And seems to be junk. I agree an android table would probably perform better.

Oh and if you don't complain they don't fix things. And working with computers for over 30yrs I know this could be better.

My nav works great. Your infotainment system is the non-nav version. You can get the turn by turn nav through the app but no map. Seeing my favorites was a breeze. It is slow especially on boot up. I'll give you that one...

Sent from my SCH-I535

Clayp, i too can BT Pandora, but how do you change it from the steering wheel? Mine won't.

Guys I keep trying to do this & it doesn't work. It'll work via Bluetooth for a second and then cut out. Also- I have another app for a local radio station so I can listen to it when I'm too far to get regular fm reception (which blows in general on these truck btw) and if I launch the app on my phone, switch media to my phone on the intellink, it'll work for a couple seconds the cut out also. It does work if I plug through aux, but it should work seamlessly w/ bluetooth.

Then I had the phone plugged in via USB & was watching a YouTube video and the screen blanked out and showed a status that said something like "video displayed on tv" & the sound began going through the truck radio and when I removed it from USB it continued streaming audio via Bluetooth and then the video came on Again on the phone display.

So this leads me to believe that video should work on the nav screen somehow just need to bypass something

I have to make sure my Wifi is turned off on the iPhone for the Pandora to work properly otherwise the phone is wasting time trying to load the Pandora stream via a non-existing wifi connection. So, perhaps you could try again with wifi shut off

Guys I keep trying to do this & it doesn't work. It'll work via Bluetooth for a second and then cut out. Also- I have another app for a local radio station so I can listen to it when I'm too far to get regular fm reception (which blows in general on these truck btw) and if I launch the app on my phone, switch media to my phone on the intellink, it'll work for a couple seconds the cut out also. It does work if I plug through aux, but it should work seamlessly w/ bluetooth

Seriously? I don't believe I ever said I expect it to be that fast. I do expect it to be USEABLE, and have basic nav functions that my 5 year old Garmin has. Also, it should NOT take 5-10 seconds to change songs... Inexcusable for a 50 thousand dollar truck.

Inexcusable? Maybe so, but GM is getting away with it! Just like they keep getting away with horrible quality polished clear coated wheels that corrode while the trucks are still on the dealer's lot here in Florida.

Archived