2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Matt , I've been listening to your "2015 Silverado Jones turbine outside drive" video. Were you happy with the exhaust. Meaning it being a single out vs a dual exit. I know if I was to do this doing a single out would be a cheaper route. I figure 100 for the muffler and whatever for piping back and labor. Do you me asking what rough price that was? My thought would be to keep the flapper just to help on the v4 sound ...but not sure if it would totally defeat the purpose. Did you remove the flapper and if so is the v4 very noticeable? I drive in m4 or m5 unless I hit the highway so not worried about the back roads thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FWIW, I asked my exhaust guy about duals vs single. He said the Aero AT3030 would sound the same and it might be little louder if you did a single side dump.

Edited by SouthPawCO
  • Like 1

Just outta curiosity, if you don't mind. What did yours run you minus the muffler

$500 for labor, muffler and tips. I just paid cash so he did not give me a receipt. One shop quoted me $450 for the same work and another quoted me $700. This guy as done all my previous trucks and does amazing work so I decided to stick with him for the extra $50. The muffler runs about $100-$130 depending on where you get it.

• Like 1

5RWill the 40722 says it's a multi-core which means it has 4 different perforated tubes inside I believe.

Thanks honestly was scratching my head. Though admittedly i know nothing about mufflers/exhaust.

Yeah. The 40086 is just one perforated tube straight through and the 40722 has 3 or 4 different size perforated tubes. You can google Borla multi-core mufflers for a better idea.

OK, I have given the 14" Magnaflow it's last chance..... still sounds like a Prius to me.

GONE.

I have now installed the FOURTH muffler on my 2014 Silverado and it's almost loud enough. I finally went with the Original Flowmaster 40, no flapper valve, deleted 3rd cat. Sounds pretty good, but still pretty quiet for my taste.

I guess the only way it's going to sound like a V8 should is long-tube headers. :drool:

FYI: For many of you, the Flow 40 will be too loud... for me, it's not loud enough.

The only time it sounds really good is with all the windows down and revving under a bridge. :lol:

(I'll post a sound-clip in a couple days).

Here's a cutaway pic... doesn't get much simpler that this:

post-124796-0-31075100-1472704019_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luster

OK, I have given the 14" Magnaflow it's last chance..... still sounds like a Prius to me.

GONE.

I have now installed the FOURTH muffler on my 2014 Silverado and it's almost loud enough. I finally went with the Original Flowmaster 40, no flapper valve, deleted 3rd cat. Sounds pretty good, but still pretty quiet for my taste.

I guess the only way it's going to sound like a V8 should is long-tube headers. :drool:

FYI: For many of you, the Flow 40 will be too loud... for me, it's not loud enough.

The only time it sounds really good is with all the windows down and revving under a bridge. :lol:

Just straight pipe it...

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed about the K2 trucks is, they are 'quiet' no matter what the exhaust system is. IMO, the only 'loud' setup I have liked so far is the Stainless Works. It sounded like but not obnoxious straight piped, popping, crackling loud.

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed about the K2 trucks is, they are 'quiet' no matter what the exhaust system is. IMO, the only 'loud' setup I have liked so far is the Stainless Works. It sounded like but not obnoxious straight piped, popping, crackling loud.

Did you get rid of your 3030 muffler?

GONE.

Do you still have the 14" kicking around?

Did you get rid of your 3030 muffler?

Oh no, I love it!

Do you still have the 14" kicking around?

No... my agreement with the shop is they keep the old muffler and I get a good price.

• Like 1

I agree 100%. The THREE cats have plenty of restriction to kill any decent sound! Edited by Luster