2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

The truck is making it harder to choose a muffler, that much i know. Having no way to preview various mufflers without spending tons of money i'm left to youtube and video quality. I like the borla cold start and when people stomp it but in some videos the XR1 almost seems silent at cruise. Which i don't want.

The truck is making it harder to choose a muffler, that much i know. Having no way to preview various mufflers without spending tons of money i'm left to youtube and video quality. I like the borla cold start and when people stomp it but in some videos the XR1 almost seems silent at cruise. Which i don't want.

If you can find a REALLY GOOD custom exhaust shop that specializes in trucks, they can actually put the truck up on the rack and prop up several different mufflers on rod that hold the mufflers in place while they are welding. That way you can hear it before you buy.

I have talked to several guys who did this and were happy with the results. (It's what I should have done but I was in a big hurry to use the trial and error method $$$) :nonod::nonod::nonod: (I have good advice but don't always use it myself) :dunno:

Edited by Luster

I'll tell ya what makes a difference. I watched Matt's and southpaws videos on my phone and PC. They sound phenomenal. So I wanted to hear it loud. My phone can cast YouTube to the TV and I have a pretty decent audio system, So I played them and wow. One thing different is since my phone and PC don't really play the low freq. I couldn't notice it till I put it on the big stereo. More of a deep rumble to it as well as what was on the phone. Very nice. I def don't want a truck sounding like a vette. Just doesn't go together ...kinda like fish with jelly dip...no..just..no

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by Jeff5347

One thing I have noticed about the K2 trucks is, they are 'quiet' no matter what the exhaust system is. IMO, the only 'loud' setup I have liked so far is the Stainless Works. It sounded like but not obnoxious straight piped, popping, crackling loud.

do you know anyone with a personal video with the stainless works exhaust on a 2015 Silverado 5.3? I like the way it sounds but I cant find a video with it on a truck besides the one on the stainless works website. I also hear some say its to loud and some say its not loud enough guess we just have our own liking Thanks

• Like 1

do you know anyone with a personal video with the stainless works exhaust on a 2015 Silverado 5.3? I like the way it sounds but I cant find a video with it on a truck besides the one on the stainless works website. I also hear some say its to loud and some say its not loud enough guess we just have our own liking Thanks

I do not know anyone personally that has it, no. I have watched their videos as well and that is what I was going off. For me, the $500 I saved by having a custom exhaust done vs buying a Corsa/SSW system was used for other mods.

can anyone point me in a good direction for a video or pictureven demo that shows an amateur at best mechanic how to replace the muffler for a 2015 Silverado 5.3, any help would be appreciated. all the videos I have seen are expecting me to be pretty well versed in exhaust systems. which I am not, but I still like to learn and take my time when doing it myself.

OK, I have given the 14" Magnaflow it's last chance..... still sounds like a Prius to me.

GONE.

I have now installed the FOURTH muffler on my 2014 Silverado and it's almost loud enough. I finally went with the Original Flowmaster 40, no flapper valve, deleted 3rd cat. Sounds pretty good, but still pretty quiet for my taste.

I guess the only way it's going to sound like a V8 should is long-tube headers. :drool:

FYI: For many of you, the Flow 40 will be too loud... for me, it's not loud enough.

The only time it sounds really good is with all the windows down and revving under a bridge. :lol:

(I'll post a sound-clip in a couple days).

Here's a cutaway pic... doesn't get much simpler that this:

Just do open headers already! Lol. Then work your way back down the sound ladder

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition

• Like 1

OK, I have given the 14" Magnaflow it's last chance..... still sounds like a Prius to me.

GONE.

I have now installed the FOURTH muffler on my 2014 Silverado and it's almost loud enough. I finally went with the Original Flowmaster 40, no flapper valve, deleted 3rd cat. Sounds pretty good, but still pretty quiet for my taste.

I guess the only way it's going to sound like a V8 should is long-tube headers. :drool:

FYI: For many of you, the Flow 40 will be too loud... for me, it's not loud enough.

The only time it sounds really good is with all the windows down and revving under a bridge. :lol:

(I'll post a sound-clip in a couple days).

Here's a cutaway pic... doesn't get much simpler that this:

Look into the metal mulisha exhaust. It is probably the loudest catback you can get for these trucks or you can copy the idea behind it. The muffler is 3" inlet and the tailpipe is 4" into a 6" tip so it amplifies the sound to make it louder like a megaphone.

Edited by Mh167002
  • Like 1