2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

I can't find the post but read on here where you can bolt open the flapper. Anyone know how or what's needed?

Thanks

live like at sailor at sea.

Bob Seger

I used a hose clamp. About 2 inch diameter or so. Just turn it and clamp it tight. Don't turn it the wrong direction.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 22" Magnaflow with the resonator removed and looking for just a little more sound and keep a deep tone to it. Does anyone know if a flapper delete will change sound.? I hose clamped it open but wasn't 100% sure it was wide open since you can't see it but it did sound a little louder.

any feedback appreciated.

Edited by mmwest

Look into the metal mulisha exhaust. It is probably the loudest catback you can get for these trucks or you can copy the idea behind it. The muffler is 3" inlet and the tailpipe is 4" into a 6" tip so it amplifies the sound to make it louder like a megaphone.

I have the metal muslisha exhaust on my 2014 and it's loud and deep sounding. The six inch exhaust tip grew on me after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the 22" Magnaflow with the resonator removed and looking for just a little more sound and keep a deep tone to it. Does anyone know if a flapper delete will change sound.? I hose clamped it open but wasn't 100% sure it was wide open since you can't see it but it did sound a little louder.

I had the 22" Magnaflow on my '14 Silverado. It was the first mod. Complete waste of money. Sounded like a Prius.

After that:

14" Magnaflow - not much louder

Flowmaster 40 - a little better

Flowmaster 10 - having it installed today.

Can't stand a quiet V8. Just not right.

EDIT: Just got back from the exhaust shop. He ordered the wrong muffler. I'll have to bump it to next week.

Edited by Luster

I had the 22" Magnaflow on my '14 Silverado. It was the first mod. Complete waste of money. Sounded like a Prius.

After that:

14" Magnaflow - not much louder

Flowmaster 40 - a little better

Flowmaster 10 - having it installed today.

Can't stand a quiet V8. Just not right.

When are you gonna fix the real problem and get LT headers

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition

• Like 2

- Mike

Hopefully he kept that 22" MagnaFlow around for when he does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

- Mike

With all the money I've spent on Muff's, I could have had a nice set of LTH's!!! :lol:

Hopefully he kept that 22" MagnaFlow around for when he does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My Vette has Kook's long tubes, 3" exhaust and B&B Exhaust. The only thing louder is open headers.

I can handle loud, just can't handle quiet..... :nonod:

With all the money I've spent on Muff's, I could have had a nice set of LTH's!!! :lol:

My Vette has Kook's long tubes, 3" exhaust and B&B Exhaust. The only thing louder is open headers.

I can handle loud, just can't handle quiet..... :nonod:

And yet this man still hasn't just gone to open headers and worked his way down [emoji849]

- Mike

• Like 1

I just put a 22" Magnaflow on my 2015 Sierra and had the flapper removed but left the resonator. Actually very disappointed! I've read on one of these threads where someone had the same setup and then removed the resonator "and it woke up the exhaust". If I remember correctly, that person eventually went to a shorter Magnaflow for more sound. I'm on the fence of just cutting the resonator off with my 22" setup or installing an 18" today and removing the resonator. Question: are you getting any of the "chopper effect" from removing the res with the 22"?

I just put a 22" Magnaflow on my 2015 Sierra and had the flapper removed but left the resonator. Actually very disappointed! I've read on one of these threads where someone had the same setup and then removed the resonator "and it woke up the exhaust". If I remember correctly, that person eventually went to a shorter Magnaflow for more sound. I'm on the fence of just cutting the resonator off with my 22" setup or installing an 18" today and removing the resonator. Question: are you getting any of the "chopper effect" from removing the res with the 22"?

I have the resonator removed and flapper hose clamped open and get no drone. FYI clamped open flapper is slightly quiter thann flapper delete...........I have done em both and have decided to,leave mine as is so,when I tow my boat I can remove the clamp if it's too,loud