2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Even a straight pipe is going to be quiet at idle. I felt the 3030 gave the best tone low and mid range, but actually got quieter in the upper rpm range. Don't be deceived though, because these trucks are really quiet in the cab making you think the exhaust is quieter than it really is.

I have heard that you can get an Active Fuel Management Disabler to remove the V4 mode if that's the case then it wouldn't matter what muffler you put on, other than your personal favorite.

Any thoughts on this subject?????

• Like 1

I have heard that you can get an Active Fuel Management Disabler to remove the V4 mode if that's the case then it wouldn't matter what muffler you put on, other than your personal favorite.

Yes you can, Range makes an AFM disabler. Or you can get a tune to have it disabled. All depends on what you want to hang onto as far as warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Even a straight pipe is going to be quiet at idle. I felt the 3030 gave the best tone low and mid range, but actually got quieter in the upper rpm range. Don't be deceived though, because these trucks are really quiet in the cab making you think the exhaust is quieter than it really is.

Well I put about 500 miles on it this weekend and it really opened up from when it was first put on. I made some half ass videos of it and now I'm quite pleased with it. It does get quieter in really high RPM's but low and mid range it sounds beautiful. You are right that these cabs are so insulated that it's really hard to tell. I love it and it's just right.

Well here is short, crappy video of it. Cold started it this morning for the first time (57 degress) and WOW! I was blown away by the sound. Super happy with it.

Nice video and sounds great....how is the interior sound at highway speeds any drone in v4 mode at all?

• Like 1

True but just make sure the one you pick doesn't drone while cruising in V8 mode. I have had good luck with my 18" Magnaflow in this regard but it still makes itself known when I step on the accelerator.
  • Like 1

Nice video and sounds great....how is the interior sound at highway speeds any drone in v4 mode at all?

As far as interior goes, it is literally perfect. You can hear it accelerating but when you reach cruising speed, it's hardly noticeable. Highway driving is pretty quiet as well and you can't really hear it. I would make a video of it but I don't think you will be able to hear it. I'll make a cold start video tomorrow and a quick one going 30mph-45mph.

V4 drone is very subtle. Since the exhaust is pretty quiet at highway speeds, you can barely notice it in v4. If you turn the radio off, roll all the windows up, turn off the air and have it compelty silent in the cab, you can hear a faint helicopter noise. My truck is never that quiet so it will not bother me.

Here is a 'cold start' from this morning.

Edited by SouthPawCO
  • Like 2

Sounds good SouthPawCO. Glad to see you like it.

Love it. If I would have went with anything else, I would have regretted it. Thanks for the tips and videos, it sold me.

For anyone else looking at an Aero setup, I was debating on the 3030XL (resonated) vs the 3030 (non resonated). I emailed Aero and this is the response I got:

The AT3030XL is about 4 decibels quieter then the AT3030. In my opinion it is the perfect sound. You can still hear inside the cab but it is nice and aggressive outside.

I still went with the non resonated and have no regrets. He said the 3030XL would reduce drone significantly.

Edited by SouthPawCO

I just installed the Borla S-Type exhaust. I love it. Perfect sound that I was looking for. Its loud but not too loud. No drone so far but will report back. V4 sounds just fine.

I am torn between this one and the Corsa sport. What's the sound of the S type like?

I am torn between this one and the Corsa sport. What's the sound of the S type like?

It is loud that people will notice. It is not really possible to drive it quietly unless you are off the throttle, accelerate and people will notice you and likely turn their head. The noise is an aggressive deep tone, but honestly really good in my opinion. Full throttle pulls are amazingly aggressive but with a solid tone, not just loud. This is my favorite part. There is just something to it that is spot on. V4 drone is there bit minimal. In the cabin windows up with music at low-mid listening volume it is noticeable but not distracting during city driving. Conversations are had without issues.

My wife who rolls her eyes at car things I do and buy actually really likes the tone of it. She said it's very aggressive sounding, not too little and not too much.

I've got loud borlas on my corvette which is matted to a 350 HO deluxe crate engine. Those are very loud but lack the distinct tone that these stypes have. Sure my corvette has the awesome lumpy muscle car idle, but there is something to the actual notes of the stype that is great. More refined for sure, but still plenty of in your face. My corvette for comparison is very difficult to have a conversation in the car with that exhaust. You have to talk very loud almost yelling.

Honestly, I never heard the corsa or borla stype in person before buying so I suppose it is possible the corsa is even better. YouTube videos certainly don't do the proper justice. Best course if possible is to hear them in person.

Really though, my gut says you can't go wrong with either one.

Edited by piratepenguin
  • Like 1

It is loud that people will notice. It is not really possible to drive it quietly unless you are off the throttle, accellerate and people will notice you and likely turn their head. The noise is an aggressive deep tone, but honestly really good in my opinion. Full throttle pulls are amazingly aggressive but with a solid tone, not just loud. This is my favorite part. There is just something to it that is spot on. V4 drone is there bit minimal. In the cabin windows up with music at low-mid listening volume it is noticeable but not distracting during city driving. Conversations are had without issues.

My wife who rolls her eyes at car things I do and buy acruelly really likes the tone of it. She said it's very aggressive sounding, not too little and not too much.

I've got loud borlas on my corvette which is matted to a 350 HO deluxe crate engine. Those are very loud but lack the distinct tone that these stypes have. Sure my corvette has the awesome lumpy muscle car idle, but there is something to the actual notes of the stype that is great. More refined for sure, but still plenty of in your face. My corvette for comparision is very difficult to have a conversation in the car with that exhaust. You have to talk very loud almost yelling.

Honestly, I never heard the corsa or borla stype in person before buying so I suppose it is possible the corsa is even better. YouTube videos certantly don't do the proper justice. Best course if possible is to hear them in person.

Really though, my gut says you can't go wrong with either one.

Thanks for the feedback. Now you have me leaning Borla...haha. I love the wife comment. I have one just like her lol. Everytime I buy something new shes like why? I'm like because its awesome. Now she's wondering why I need a new exhaust when I already have one...pshh. Women.

I've never heard this drone, but just something I was thinking about. Our trucks have eletronic sound deadoning, which means the stereo simply makes a sound that is the inverse of the noise that would normally be coming in. I wonder if it's possible that the drone is actually coming from that. When you moodify the exhaust it would essentially change frequency of the noise therefore you might actually here the stereo trying to noise cancel.

Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

No... drone is drone.. the only noise cancelling trucks are the 6.2 powered ones anyway. Mine is a 6.2.. it drones like any other truck. Swapping from MBRP to my Borla ATAK improved it to a more tolerable level.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by 1994Vmax