2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

I have the resonator removed and flapper hose clamped open and get no drone. FYI clamped open flapper is slightly quiter thann flapper delete...........I have done em both and have decided to,leave mine as is so,when I tow my boat I can remove the clamp if it's too,loud

Thanks for the info...this shouldn't be that hard of a decision. lol. maybe I'll have them remove the resonator first before going with an 18". I little drone won't bother me...its the chopper effect that I read about that I'm worried about.

My set up now with the res...I had my wife drive off as I stood in the driveway 10 feet away. I could not tell there was any difference. Although I told her to "stand on it"...she took off like she was holding a cup of hot coffee with no lid...

• Like 1

I had the 22" Magnaflow installed and resonator delete yesterday. The sound is a nice deep tone but is pretty quite and that was really my intentions. I suggest is you wanna here your truck at idle and I'm sure is noticeable on freeway ........get you the 18". The muffler shop was telling me 18" from the start but I'm happy with the 22". Nice and melow.

you have a video? I'd like to hear the 22" with no res

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a Borla GMPP Sport muffler soon after getting my '16 5.3L. It was still really quiet with the stock flapper and resonator. I had the resonator deleted today and clamped the flapper open. Sounds great with no drone and no chopper noise. Its still quiet while cruising but really growls when accelerating. My truck finally sounds like a v8 truck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the 22" Magnaflow installed and resonator delete yesterday. The sound is a nice deep tone but is pretty quite and that was really my intentions. I suggest is you wanna here your truck at idle and I'm sure is noticeable on freeway ........get you the 18". The muffler shop was telling me 18" from the start but I'm happy with the 22". Nice and melow.

Did you leave the resonator and the flapper in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I had a Dynomax Race Bullet on my 07,11, and 14 silverado. They were all the 12" body length. This time, I'm wanting something quieter on my 2016 5.3 silverado. I'd like to have similar tone as race bullet (deep) just on quieter scale. What suggestions do you have?

i messaged you about your 12" bullet! just looking for a review on it. Thanks!

new Chevy owner and first time member/posting....

Truck: 2015 5.3L with Borla S-type, resinator and flapper removed....

I have had the exhaust now for almost 2 weeks and CANNOT take the v4 Drone, whether local roads or highway and determined this quickly. Come to find out the Borla S-Type part number is for a 2-1/2" single in 2-1/2" single out.

Could the helicopter/drone noise be from the 2-1/2" Borla restricting flow ?

I need to make a change and dont care if i have to get the GM-Borla kit, i cant stand this fluttering sound, driving me crazy.

new Chevy owner and first time member/posting....

Truck: 2015 5.3L with Borla S-type, resinator and flapper removed....

I have had the exhaust now for almost 2 weeks and CANNOT take the v4 Drone, whether local roads or highway and determined this quickly. Come to find out the Borla S-Type part number is for a 2-1/2" single in 2-1/2" single out.

Could the helicopter/drone noise be from the 2-1/2" Borla restricting flow ?

I need to make a change and dont care if i have to get the GM-Borla kit, i cant stand this fluttering sound, driving me crazy.

The helicopter sound is being exacerbated by the absence of the resonator and all aftermarket mufflers will exhibit this. Advise is to get a tune/tuner and delete V4 mode or try putting back the OE resonator. If that still doesn't get it right than the GM Borla will be your best bet.

Edited by Lgetz

thanks for the quick response. i decided to go with the GM Borla kit.... fingers crossed because i cant stand stock, love the V8 s-type sound.

The helicopter sound is being exacerbated by the absence of the resonator and all aftermarket mufflers will exhibit this. Advise is to get a tune/tuner and delete V4 mode or try putting back the OE resonator. If that still doesn't get it right than the GM Borla will be your best bet.

Any one have any idea if there is a Corsa dB series exhaust for the 6.2L? On their website as soon as you select 6.2L filter, all the dB series ones disappear. What happens if I put a 5.3L system on my 6.2L? My thoughts are that it's likely the same system (5.3 vs 6.2) except the pipe diameter is like .5inch less for 5.3L.

I'll have to give them a call.

So i hunted through several pages of search results on this thread before posting this but...here goes..

In my opinion, the best sounding aftermarket exhaust i've found is the Gibson Metal Mulisha exhaust, but i cannot stand the exhaust tip, im' not into that kind of look -- What i'm curious is which gibson muffler is the closest to the one thats found in that catback? I'm thinking it's the SFT Superflow Muffler (found here: http://gibsonperformance.com/c-1158801-exhaust-muffler-sft-superflow-muffler.html)-- As it's the only one with the same general shape as whats in the catback. With that being said, i'd be willing to try it out, but can anyone tell me the inlet/outlet of the stock muffler so i can be sure to get the correct model?

Thanks!

Here's a quick video of what I just got done yesterday. Magnaflow 11225 muffler, cut off valve and resonator. Sounds great outside but too much inside cabin noise when accelerating so I'm probably going to go back and get them to put the resonator back on. Sounds deeper in person:

Loudest muffler for 2016 sierra 5.3 with 3" stock exit exhaust? I've heard dynomax bullets, flowmaster 10 and slp loudmouth would be the loudest. Anyone have any reviews?

I havent compared, but my magnaflow 14" is pretty dang loud when i open up the throttle.

It's pretty calm for most daily driving and cruising speeds, but when you get on it it's beautiful.

My neighbors probably hate me. I am almost positive the guy at the end of the street does when i go WOT out of the stop sign.

• Like 1