2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Yes Single in single out 3 in 3 out. I want duals.

Sorry I should have stated that first. I'm looking for single in dual out.

Gotcha!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I second what RAWYZF said. Which XR-1 did you go with and what are your future plans with manifolds and cats?

I bought the 40085 and have no plans to install headers or remove the cats

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Here's a link to a muffler shop near Dallas TX that performs top quality installs of custom duals utilizing oem cats. They have many videos displaying their complete system from cats to tips. I had GM Performance 3.5" catback PN 23462043 installed before I took delivery otherwise I'd be making a drive. I'm still considering them to install a mandrel bend Y-Pipe to eliminate the crushed flat crossover section under tranny pan and eliminate 3rd cat for a more aggressive sound.

Does anyone know if you can remove the stock exhaust system in your driveway (i have a 2016 crew cab short bed) without cutting it if you don't have a lift? I am considering a cat back system, but i want to keep the factory exhaust in one piece in-case I ever want to put it back on. Perhaps some combination of removing the spare tire and jacking up one side of the truck? I was able to do it on my 05 silverado, but that was a long time ago.

Does anyone know if you can remove the stock exhaust system in your driveway (i have a 2016 crew cab short bed) without cutting it if you don't have a lift? I am considering a cat back system, but i want to keep the factory exhaust in one piece in-case I ever want to put it back on. Perhaps some combination of removing the spare tire and jacking up one side of the truck? I was able to do it on my 05 silverado, but that was a long time ago.

yes it can be done doing exactly that, drop your spare and jack up the passenger side letting the axle drop as far as possible. Its a little bit of a pain but it will come out of the rear of the truck in one piece, it definitely would be easier with a friend.

Was originally gonna go with the flowmaster super 40, but now my muffler shop is telling me that magnaflow is better performance etc....so now i might go magnaflow lol, Which muffler would be comparable to the super 40 from flowmaster?

14 inch Maggie. The 18 is pretty quiet.

Was originally gonna go with the flowmaster super 40, but now my muffler shop is telling me that magnaflow is better performance etc....so now i might go magnaflow lol, Which muffler would be comparable to the super 40 from flowmaster?

Agreed! Do the 14"

I LOVE mine.

I posted videos of mine a couple pages back.

I had the shop cut out everything from just before the 3rd cat, all the way back. Replaced everything with 3" pipe and a 14" magnaflow and i think it performs and sounds awesome.