2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Should I just go to an aggressive tune or will that put my tranny at risk?

Should I have him delete the v4 except 6 gear?

Which headers?!

Thanks guys! Your opinion matters!

Ps I gave that blue beauty up for black Betty!

JWAD, here are my thoughts.

Choose your tuner carefully. Without question on this forum, BlackBear is the most popular. After problems with another tuner, I spent the money and bought an Autocal and later a BlackBear tune. I highly recommend them. Excellent work. Engine and Transmission performance is substantially improved over OE.

Yes, I would delete V4 mode. It caused my transmission to shift erratically and clunk at low speeds. Saw no difference in fuel economy running as a V8 all the time.

Can't speak for the others, but I am on my fourth set of AR Headers. Have never had a leak, rattle or blown gasket. They are top quality and 100% Made in America. Plus, they have great resale value when it is time for a new vehicle. There is always a buyer looking for high quality used headers.

Good luck with your choice.

I'm thinking of putting an exhaust on my 2016 Silverado crew Cab - Short Box w/ 6.2L. I want to use the Chevy Performance Exhaust though. Can someone tell me which part would fit my truck?

1.)

P/N 23462042 (2014-2016 Performance Exhaust –
Silverado 1500 with 6.2L V8 - LWB)

or

2.)

P/N 23462043 (2014-2016 Performance Exhaust –
Silverado 1500 with 6.2L V8 - SWB)

I'm thinking of putting an exhaust on my 2016 Silverado crew Cab - Short Box w/ 6.2L. I want to use the Chevy Performance Exhaust though. Can someone tell me which part would fit my truck?

1.) P/N 23462042 (2014-2016 Performance Exhaust –

or

2.) P/N 23462043 (2014-2016 Performance Exhaust –

I installed option 2 on my 2017 1500 CC 6.2L SWB

1.)

P/N 23462042 (2014-2016 Performance Exhaust –

or

2.)

P/N 23462043 (2014-2016 Performance Exhaust –

Keep in mind these are 3" and it doesn't flow any better than the stock exhaust you have now.

Keep in mind these are 3" and it doesn't flow any better than the stock exhaust you have now.

There is conflicting information posted on this catback however I have it on my 2017, it is 3.5" tubing and has the Corsa touring muffler with 4.5" double wall tip.

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-muffler-asm-exh-rr-w-exh-pipe-23462043.html

So i been searching for an exhaust that is not super loud but just loud enough and i dont want no drone so i read that people are very happy with the Corsa Part # 14866BLK I heard lots of videos but they all sound different so my question is to anyone that's heard one in person is it super load or just right

Drone and V4 noise are 2 different things. If you don't want v4 noise buy the gm with the flapper or plan on a range afm or tune to turn off v4. If you don't want annoying v8 drone at certain rpms or cruising the highwaY don't go with flowmaster unless you drive in someone else's truck first that has one. I had the force 2 50 series flowmaster and the drone was too loud going up hills at highway speeds for my taste.

So now that i got rims and tires, my MPG and throttle response are suffering. One of those is harder to remedy than the other. Having said that i'm planning on exhaust. Probably asked this before but as far as the XR1 exhaust would you go oval or round? Has anyone heard both to compare how much louder the round is compared to the oval?

So now that i got rims and tires, my MPG and throttle response are suffering. One of those is harder to remedy than the other. Having said that i'm planning on exhaust. Probably asked this before but as far as the XR1 exhaust would you go oval or round? Has anyone heard both to compare how much louder the round is compared to the oval?

I listened to youtube and have not heard much difference. Any insight from members who have either would be nice.

Exhaust didn't help my mpg all that much at all... it'll help with a little power and maybe a tad with exhaust. Tune would be your best bet though.

Also just noticed Corsa finally came out with the Db exhaust for the 14+, that's tempting as well. I'd like to have split exit, but with the corsa i'd probably have to buy a Y-pipe, some more pipe, and another tip though. But i could run it as is for a while.