2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Hey guys, so I haven't seen any reviews or much of anything on the AFE Rebel exhaust so I figured I would give it a shot. Almost pulled the trigger on the Gibson Metal Mulisha but got cold feet that it may be too loud. Plus I didn't like the giant tip and I wanted something a bit different. I stumbled on the AFE Rebel completely by accident just browsing pics of side exit exhaust systems and loved the look!

I got the polished tip version to match the small chrome accents on the truck but they have a black tip version too. Snagged it for $620 shipped directly from AFE and it shipped super fast, next day actually, and I had it within three. I must say this is a very high quality exhaust, all stainless, no "tuning" needed to get the pipes to fit together or anything. It came with band clamps and a new hanger mount for the rear. Installed in no time using a lift and I had no issues besides a minor leak from the slip connection going into the muffler but I doubled up on the clamps because I had an extra and it seems fine. The seal to the factory pipe is excellent but I did go ahead and buy a new clamp from the dealer first.

Sound is exactly what I was going for. Nice low rumble, pretty aggressive note but definitely not too loud. Its a very smooth quality sound with no rasp or harshness to it. Cold starts are mild, definitely not wake the neighbor loud if you are worried about that. Only downside is V4 drone is terrible. I immediately ordered a Range device after the first drive. In V8 mode its still quiet enough to have a conversation at normal volume but you can definitely still hear it cruising down the highway. Overall I am extremely happy and impressed with this exhaust - 100% would buy again. If you are looking for a mild-aggressive exhaust that has a deep tone and a different style exit check it out.

3A68680E-89BE-462A-89D6-29B9FB8203CA_zps

WOW this is exactly what I have been looking for! Looks fantastic. I wonder if it can be found for less than $600 anywhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have a 2016 sierra 5.3 and switched the muffler from my MBRP cat back to a super 10. seems like I've got a loss in mpg. does this make sense?

It makes perfect sense. When I switched to a Flowmaster 10, I couldn't keep my foot out of the throttle! LOVE that Chevy V8 sound!

I went from 20mpg with stock muffler to 12mpg with Flowmaster 10. Doesn't bother me a bit. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I just saw a picture of a 2017 1500 factory exhaust on Craigslist and it looked the the flapper valve was before the main muffler instead of after the muffler like my 2016. Was there some sort of redesign to improve performance or v4 drone? Was looking for a donor exhaust to chop up for my 16. The 17 should still fit a 16 right?

It makes perfect sense. When I switched to a Flowmaster 10, I couldn't keep my foot out of the throttle! LOVE that Chevy V8 sound!

I went from 20mpg with stock muffler to 12mpg with Flowmaster 10. Doesn't bother me a bit. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

lol.. damn man!!!....20 to 12..... that foot did get heavy!!! lol

• Like 1

Had a flowmaster 40 installed today on my 16 crew cab with flapper and resonater removed. Sounds freakin awesome in town, on the highway when it hits v4 mode it makes an awful constant noise in the cab. Any recommendations on what to do to get rid of that? Thanks

put the flapper back on or get the Range AFM disabler

• Like 1

i have a 2016 sierra 5.3 and switched the muffler from my MBRP cat back to a super 10. seems like I've got a loss in mpg. does this make sense?

i just ordered the mbrp cat back single side exit, but was thinking of swapping to the super 10 and use the MBRP pipes. Was it a direct swap with clamps or did you have to fabricate and have is welded to the piping from the MRBP cat back kit? Do you have size/config/model number of the super 10 you used?

the loss in mpg is probably from a liberal application of the gas pedal

Had a flowmaster 40 installed today on my 16 crew cab with flapper and resonater removed. Sounds freakin awesome in town, on the highway when it hits v4 mode it makes an awful constant noise in the cab. Any recommendations on what to do to get rid of that? Thanks

If for some reason you can't get your flapper back and the sound drives you crazy like it did to me I put a Magnaflow 12909 22" on.. It is quieter vs flow 40 with a deep low rumble but hardly any drone of v4 and great sound when giving the gas. Good luck on nailing the sound. By the way my flapper made a horrible flutter noise when I had the louder setup. Not all will necessarily do it but be aware if it sounds weird it most likely is the flapper.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just welded in a 3" single in single out super 10. I'm not sure but it seemed like the Mbrp straight through performed better but the super 10 is louder. If I could find a straight through as loud as the super 10 or louder I would switch to that for sure! I've heard of people with dynomax bullets but couldn't really get any reviews on them.

I just welded in a 3" single in single out super 10. I'm not sure but it seemed like the Mbrp straight through performed better but the super 10 is louder. If I could find a straight through as loud as the super 10 or louder I would switch to that for sure! I've heard of people with dynomax bullets but couldn't really get any reviews on them.

Look into Aero AT3030

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/aero-exhaust-at3030-performance-muffler-3-inside-diameter.html

Do you think the super 10 would fit with just clamps and the MBRP pipes, or was weld the only option? which is better for V4 hellicpoter and drone now that you have heard both MBRP and Super 10 on your truck?