2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

On 9/12/2018 at 12:52 PM, Rally_18 said:

I'm looking into doing a catback exhaust system don't really want to hack the stock system up in case i want to go back at some point. Thinking about the Carven Exhaust kit with the progressive muffler anyone have experience with this setup or company?

I just got my Carven TR with carven 4" tip installed. I had them weld it in where the stock muffler was. I kept the resonator in and got rid of the flapper.

It sounds great i think, i like mine on the quieter side and this one is just right. It has a nice growl at startup and idle and when you get on it.

No drone but obviously you can tell there is an exhaust on when you are driving. I gotten used to is, first day i was like "ohh man, is this too  loud?" 

I did remove the flapper and in V4 mode it sounds like a military helicopter is following me haha soooo no V4 for me going forward.

Go for it, you will like it. The muffler shop guy was pleasantly surprised when he started it the truck up because the muffler looks like a ricer muffler that would go on a civic lol

Edited by Ozer

1 minute ago, Ozer said:

I just got my Carven TR with carven 4" tip installed. I had them weld it in where the stock muffler was. I kept the resonator in and got rid of the flapper.

It sounds great i think, i like mine on the quieter side and this one is just right. It has a nice growl at startup and idle and when you get on it.

No drone but obviously you can tell there is an exhaust on when you are driving. I gotten used to is, first day i was like "ohh man, is this too  loud?" 

Go for it, you will like it. The muffler shop guy was pleasantly surprised when he started it the truck up because the muffler looks like a ricer muffler that would go on a civic lol

Good deal man i ended up going with the Carven Progressive Catback. I love it sounds great and looks amazing build quality is top notch!

1 minute ago, Rally_18 said:

Good deal man i ended up going with the Carven Progressive Catback. I love it sounds great and looks amazing build quality is top notch!

Good to hear, you made the right choice. 

Add a sound clip if you can, id like to see what the catback sounds like vs my splice in job

On 10/3/2018 at 5:31 PM, Breedsrt said:

5.3l with speed engineering longtubes and catless Y pipe though MBRP part# S5086AL
Aluminum 3.5” exhaust. Y pipe came with the adapter to run the 6.2l 3.5” ball flange. I just had to order the 3.5” ball clamp and chop down one of the pipes to make it fit my 2018 RCSB z71. Truck is filthy in the video. First day in like a week it hasn’t rained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am in love. that sounds sooo good. are you happy with the speed engineering headers? i have been torn between those and the texas speed

• Like 1

i am in love. that sounds sooo good. are you happy with the speed engineering headers? i have been torn between those and the texas speed

No real complaints with the headers at all for the price. I would upgrade the headers to y-pipe exhaust clamps. The ones that came with them had trouble sealing. I was going to order Texas speed headers and y pipe but at the time they were out of stock and had no eta on them. I only had a week to get all the go fast parts in so the shop could get my cam swap and bolt ons done while I was on vacation. Me being a Texas guy would have liked to support my Texas business but it just wouldn’t have worked for my time frame. I wouldn’t hesitate to use either one imo.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 5:44 AM, Breedsrt said:

No real complaints with the headers at all for the price. I would upgrade the headers to y-pipe exhaust clamps. The ones that came with them had trouble sealing. I was going to order Texas speed headers and y pipe but at the time they were out of stock and had no eta on them. I only had a week to get all the go fast parts in so the shop could get my cam swap and bolt ons done while I was on vacation. Me being a Texas guy would have liked to support my Texas business but it just wouldn’t have worked for my time frame. I wouldn’t hesitate to use either one imo.

how much power did it end up making? also what cam did you use?

I'm looking at maybe the Borla Pro XS to replace my stock muffler.  My truck is a 2018 Silverado 5.3 w/just over 1K miles.  I just want a little more sound, hopefully deeper too.  I do not want a loud obnoxious exhaust.  Anyone know what Borla model # is for my truck?  If not, anyone know what size in/out I need, then I could research and find what model I need.  I looked under truck and it appears to be offset intake and center output and states reversible.  If it's 3" then maybe this is the one I want.  Borla Pro XS 40359 .  Thought I'd ask here before I order though since someone may know what I really need.

Thx in advance, Don

372/365 with no correction factor through factory cat back exhaust. Can’t remember cam specs. It’s a BTR boost cam spec’d out by the shop that did the work.

2b272753defcabc579e3f1537c79672f.jpg

This on a 6.2?

I'm looking at maybe the Borla Pro XS to replace my stock muffler.  My truck is a 2018 Silverado 5.3 w/just over 1K miles.  I just want a little more sound, hopefully deeper too.  I do not want a loud obnoxious exhaust.  Anyone know what Borla model # is for my truck?  If not, anyone know what size in/out I need, then I could research and find what model I need.  I looked under truck and it appears to be offset intake and center output and states reversible.  If it's 3" then maybe this is the one I want.  Borla Pro XS 40359 .  Thought I'd ask here before I order though since someone may know what I really need.
Thx in advance, Don
I believe its 2.75" in and out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

"I believe its 2.75" in and out"  Thanks SR16, I just home and measured the outside diameter of pipe in and out and measured 70mm which converts basically to 2.75".  According to the Borla website they do not sell the Pro XS in a 2.75".  I know little to nothing about exhaust changes.  Would it be normal for a exhaust shop to maybe use adapters to convert the 2.75" pipe to 3" in order to be able to use a muffler designed around 3"?