2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

I’m welding on a magnaflow 18” straight through can today and deleting the flapper. Leaving the resonator for now. If it’s not loud enough I’m going to just cut off the resonator. I’d rather be in that spot than deleting it now and having to weld it back in, which would be much more of a pain. 

We we will see about the v4 noise. I’ve never noticed it in the two weeks I have had the truck. I am going to get a Diablo tuner and disable it soon though so I’m not worried

this thing sounds like a Lexus idling. 

Well...the SLP catback hasn’t gone over well with the Mrs, so I’m going to try to quiet it down. Anyone had a resonator welded into an existing catback system to quiet it down? The v4 isn’t great either, but mainly she isn’t thrilled with the overall loudness.  Any appreciation and suggestions are welcome. Ty. 

I would use use something like this:

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1054&products_id=292&osCsid=cdb8e138ad1fefd51b22aaad211b746c

Edited by Jchoi

Exhaust... I like to think outside the box and what's available on the market... the only one that kinda got my attention was Speed Engineering Tru-Dual set up... so I decided to make my own. Speed Engineering LT headers, 3" dual 304 stainless, 2 (17547) Dynomax mufflers welded together followed by 2 (off brand) 5x7x12 stainless mufflers... I wanted to make it quiet, which it is not... tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies in New Braunfels, TX. Can't say enough good things about Corey... if you are near the area and needs to get your truck (or car as he specialize in Corvette and Camaro) give them a call or a visit. 

Truck is lowered 3/5, and I am running 22x10et25 with 305/40/22 Nitto 420S. This is the first version of the exhaust... already thinking about changing a few things, but in the meantime I can say that the sound is unique, especially at WOT. 

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

• Like 1

Maiden 69 your exhaust looks good.  Probably need to run Dynomax Super Turbos in the largest size body/case that will fit, or swap to Quietflows, and add more resonators.  From experience Ultraflos are loud.  Had an Ultraflo cat back system on a 95 Impala SS with Borla headers and it was crazy loud.  

Goeb for the 6.2 and long tubes your best bet may be to use the GM Borla system with side exit option.   Fear that anything else might be too loud and drone like crazy.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, Maiden69 said:

Exhaust... I like to think outside the box and what's available on the market... the only one that kinda got my attention was Speed Engineering Tru-Dual set up... so I decided to make my own. Speed Engineering LT headers, 3" dual 304 stainless, 2 (17547) Dynomax mufflers welded together followed by 2 (off brand) 5x7x12 stainless mufflers... I wanted to make it quiet, which it is not... tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies in New Braunfels, TX. Can't say enough good things about Corey... if you are near the area and needs to get your truck (or car as he specialize in Corvette and Camaro) give them a call or a visit. 

Truck is lowered 3/5, and I am running 22x10et25 with 305/40/22 Nitto 420S. This is the first version of the exhaust... already thinking about changing a few things, but in the meantime I can say that the sound is unique, especially at WOT. 

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

this is awesome man. beautiful work. how does it sound

31 minutes ago, maxpower98 said:

this is awesome man. beautiful work. how does it sound

Sounds good, it is very deep but quiet at idle. Loud at WOT, but not too raspy because of the extra mufflers. I need to try to take some sound clips, but I want to change the clamps that came with the header kit for lap bands, and Jegs delivery come next week. I am making a few changes to the back portion, and already received my bends, so, just waiting on Jegs. 

With out going through all 179 pages, what is a good system for a '17 LTZ 5.3?  I'm looking for a nice deep sound, not obnoxiously loud, raspy, droning in the cab.  I like the black tips you can get with one of the Magnaflow systems, but at $1000 and I better off having a shop custom fabricate something?  I want to keep the single side exit like the factory exhaust too.

With out going through all 179 pages, what is a good system for a '17 LTZ 5.3?  I'm looking for a nice deep sound, not obnoxiously loud, raspy, droning in the cab.  I like the black tips you can get with one of the Magnaflow systems, but at $1000 and I better off having a shop custom fabricate something?  I want to keep the single side exit like the factory exhaust too.

If price is no problem: Corsa system
If you want something cheap that sounds good: carven TR or black widow venom 250 with the flapper and resonator removed. Just have a shop change muffler, weld in a pipe for the resonator, and get a tip of your choosing.

Personally I went with the cheaper option (venom 250) because nobody looks underneath the truck anyways so what difference does it make if it's a full system vs a replacement. Going to a 3" system from the stock 2.75" will make negligible differences to most people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk