2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Yeah added extra pipe for the resonator. The guy told me it would of been $140+ but since it was a slow day he did it for $80. I didn't have the muffler or tip with me so I raced home to pick them up, finished everything up in like 45 minutes .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

That's nice he did it for a discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased and install the Borla touring - gmc version. I guess I'm getting old. After a week of driving, I put the stock back. I have it for sale. I'm LI if anyone interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah,  I'm turning 50 in a month and although I like the sound of the Borla,  I would actually prefer a bit more stealthy sound most of the time. Get off my lawn!   Stock was way too quiet though!   

It turns out there is no easy solution to addressing the Borla GM Performance dual rear exit exhaust and "taildragger" look due to how the existing system is configured.   Even trying to move it up a few inches would require significant modification and cutting.   I'm most likely just going to have the muffler shop unclamp the Borla past the flapper falve portion (and leave it installed) and install a 22" Magnaflow #12589 (3"/3") or equivalent along with a single side stock type exhaust with the 3" 6.2 Polished tip.    I then would then sell the Borla on Ebay and take whatever I could get.  Oh well.  

Note to all considering the GM Performance Exhaust: definitely get the dual SIDE exit version not the REAR.  

RamAyIu.jpg

3xqMIKP.jpg

I had the Magnaflow 12589 and stock styled single 3" chrome tip installed today and it's perfect, soundwise, for me.  About 15% louder than stock but a nice rumble when you get on it.   I kept the flapper valve and forward parts from the Borla kit installed (since I didn't keep the oem exhaust) .   If anyone in the Sacramento, CA area is interested in the Borla at a great price and who can deal with having it re-configured to look better, PM me.     Just adding the very large 4" Borla tips and removing the 3" tips I had installed would help a lot. 

Edited by KeyserSoze

On 5/31/2018 at 12:47 PM, KeyserSoze said:

Note to all considering the GM Performance Exhaust: definitely get the dual SIDE exit version not the REAR.  

I'm missing something, why don't you like the rear exit?  Is it the way it looks or just the sound of the system?  I was considering this setup, I don't really want to get louder in general, just have a little better tone when I get on it... and, let's face it, it's something to do!

49 minutes ago, Dr Awesome said:

I'm missing something, why don't you like the rear exit?  Is it the way it looks or just the sound of the system?  I was considering this setup, I don't really want to get louder in general, just have a little better tone when I get on it... and, let's face it, it's something to do!

I wasn't a fan of how far down from the bumper it ended up being like a 70's hot rod, obviously made worse by my choice to not buy the huge 4" Borla tips.   The kit was built imo for GM techs to slap it in with minimal effort and then just hide the jankiness of the routing with a huge tip on the 2.25" pipes.   

There really was no way for the custom exhaust shop to adjust it either without replacing the pipes either as there was nowhere to adjust them to.   Lastly,  it did turn out to be louder than I wanted,  so at that point what's another $400  for a nice, boring, modest sounding Magnaflow 12589 with a single oem type exit when I've already spent $1500?     :sigh:     

So now I'm back to a stock look, it sounds great though with a nice moderate increase.

EsqrmdW.jpg

you can see in the installation guide how the 4" tips would work

7IcMgEb.jpg

Edited by KeyserSoze

Ahh I see what you mean now, I would think an exhaust shop could bend those closer for cheap!  If I do it, I will probably do the dual tip single side exit GM one.  I went to Borla and looked for the same one, but they only have a split side exit (one on each side).  I wonder why that is, maybe they only make that one for GM?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone run the mangaflow 15267 catback. ? It’s supposed to be their quietest system.   How does it compare to the GM Corsa system? Is that loud?

Edited by Jchoi

57 minutes ago, highspeedZ71 said:

I have the 15267 I like it, it’s loud but not too loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you happen to know how it compares to the GM Corsa setup? Ty 

9 hours ago, Gorske said:

My Black Widow 250 muffler has 10k miles on it now and with the side exit before the rear tire I thought I'd make an updated cold start video.

Sounds a little deeper and more growl than your other vids!

Guess what, I'm ordering it RIGHT now finally lol!  Of course center/center is on back order.  I crawled under my truck it has a offset/center on there right now so I'm just going to order the offset/center, it's still 3 inch.  I don't think the fitment alters the sound. I'm also doing the Corsa tip... can't resist!

• Like 1

@Gorske the tip arrived today and omg this thing is massive lol it's awesome.  Interestingly it came with an instruction sheet which mentions installation on a Dodge Ram 1500... Anyhow the tip can ultimately be used on any truck/car I would imagine.  The part number matches the one which I bought off of Summit which said it was "for GM trucks".

Question for you... when you had it out the rear behind the tire, how could you describe the location of it, was it basically in line with how the stock exhaust is, regarding how far it sticks out?  I have good faith in my installer, I'm sure he'll make it look right.

3 hours ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

@Gorske the tip arrived today and omg this thing is massive lol it's awesome.  Interestingly it came with an instruction sheet which mentions installation on a Dodge Ram 1500... Anyhow the tip can ultimately be used on any truck/car I would imagine.  The part number matches the one which I bought off of Summit which said it was "for GM trucks".

Question for you... when you had it out the rear behind the tire, how could you describe the location of it, was it basically in line with how the stock exhaust is, regarding how far it sticks out?  I have good faith in my installer, I'm sure he'll make it look right.

Yeah I kept it in the stock location at first closer to the back tire than the rear bumper, and where the Corsa on the tips can be slightly seen. Comes down to your preference and what you like though.

Finally bit the bullet on an exhaust...  I was itchin for a little more power and sound.  Ended up with the MBRP Aluminized S5086AL 3.5" system after some good reviews of the sound.   Very happy!  Found a killer deal in the Amazon Warehouse..$268 shipped. Parts came in brand new, intact, and with all hardware. Score! I decided to order the Summit SS lapband clamps to use for connecting points instead of the U-bolt clamps so no crimping.  Got the old sewer pipe out in 1pc just in case I wanted to swap it back for some reason.  Installed the new system sewer system piece by piece and everything went together perfect although I did have to massage one hanger.  Snugged all the clamps checked for clearance, then tightened them up.  I'll do a recheck of all the clamp bolts after running a few hot/cold cycles.  Sounds really good!  It's quite a bit louder but I like it.  It honestly feels like there is more usable power down low.  Seems stronger on little bursts when I mash the go pedal. 

exhaust.jpeg

exhaust2.jpeg

exhaust3.jpeg

exhaust4.jpeg

exhaust5.jpeg

exhaust6.jpeg