2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Sorry for your troubles MFerry.  If you paid for them to install a 12909 make sure they get it handled correctly.  My guess is either:

1.  A not too bright employee just did a hack job and put whatever Magnaflow was closeby on

2.  Shop deliberately put on a less expensive muffler and charged for the 12909.

There is a good price difference between a 5x11" muffler in 3.5 inch inlet/outlet and a 4x9" 2.5 or 3 inch inlet/outlet

Make sure you get what you pay for.

Does anyone have a 12909 with the stock resonator removed? I'm currently running the 12909 with flapper removed but am considering removing the resonator if it would add a little more rumble without any drone. The 12909 is basically a giant resonator anyway right? If I go this route I will replace the resonator with 3.5" piping instead of choking down to 3" as it currently does. 

Well I finally have the muffler I wanted installed. I went to a different exhaust shop and had the correct muffler installed. The 1st shop completely hacked up my exhaust system. They installed a generic straight thru 15" muffler and cut off about 2 feet of the factory 3.5" pipe and installed 3". They also installed the wrong muffler backwards so the offset and center sides were switched meaning they had to bend the 3" pipe they installed. Anyway, after the right muffler was installed I went back to the 1st shop with the piece of crap muffler and demanded my money back. They gave it to me but they jerks about it.

Also the 12909 is exactly what I was looking for, just bit louder than factory. I can see why some people think its too quiet but its pretty close to what my 2011 stock exhaust sounded like so I'm happy.

I always thought my 2011 6.2 had a awesome sounding exhaust for a factory system. I ended up installing a flo- master on it and it was awesome. My 2015 is way harder to get the right sound from. My 12909 is a tad quiet but when I put the MBRP on it I was thinking it became to a little overbearing. I may switch back to it though since I can't leave something well enough alone. 

Idle clip of my 5.3 with a Black Widow 250 3" in/out muffler and a Corsa 3" in dual 4" out tip.

Do you have any pictures of how the exhaust is routed under the truck? Want to see how the center/center muffler looks. Debating between center/center or offset/center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Do you have any pictures of how the exhaust is routed under the truck? Want to see how the center/center muffler looks. Debating between center/center or offset/center.

I do not but I can get some for you.

I was curious how they where going to make the small muffler fit nicely, I'm happy how they made it fit698d16d4f1a8637350dc0158a4672ec0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I was curious how they where going to make the small muffler fit nicely, I'm happy how they made it fit698d16d4f1a8637350dc0158a4672ec0.jpg

That's definitely a good way to do it! How much did they charge?

That's definitely a good way to do it! How much did they charge?

Sorry for the late response. They charged me $80 to install the muffler, removed resonator and weld on some Corsa style tips.

Sorry for the late response. They charged me $80 to install the muffler, removed resonator and weld on some Corsa style tips.

That's pretty good for having to put in and bend extra pipe. I'm assuming you just added in a pipe in place of the resonator as well?

Has anyone tried or heard the new SLP cat back system, it decently priced. Just curious about cab drone.

I am going with this kit for my 6.2. I’ve heard it in person and rode in the truck. Little to no drone. Perfect sound IMO and stock look.

That's pretty good for having to put in and bend extra pipe. I'm assuming you just added in a pipe in place of the resonator as well?

Yeah added extra pipe for the resonator. The guy told me it would of been $140+ but since it was a slow day he did it for $80. I didn't have the muffler or tip with me so I raced home to pick them up, finished everything up in like 45 minutes .