2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

I'm looking into doing a catback exhaust system don't really want to hack the stock system up in case i want to go back at some point. Thinking about the Carven Exhaust kit with the progressive muffler anyone have experience with this setup or company?

I'm considering a full catback for my 2018 Silverado LTZ with the 6.2 motor. I'm not looking for loud so of the  Borla and Corsa sysems which models should I be looking at?. Another words which models are the least aggressive?

I know it would be cheaper to just replace muffler but I would like to keep the stock system together just in case I want to go back to it.

Does anybody know if theres any difference between the black widow widowmaker 10" exhaust and the 6" the neighborhater?

One makes your neighbors hate you, the other kills the old guys on the block!

Jokes aside, the 6" will be louder than the 10". Might as well just straight pipe if you're thinking of the 6".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just my .02, 2014 Seirra 5.3, magnaflow 12589, flapper moved to in front of the muffler, resonator removed, sounds really good. Very quiet at highway speeds, plenty of growl when accelerating. Only thing i dont like is when accelerating around town it gets a little loud in the cab with the windows up around 2000 rpm, windows down its fine. I ran it for a week with the resonator and flapper in original place, barely any noticeable difference from stock muffler. With flapper behind muffler there is a whooshing sound from exhaust, by moving it in front of muffler that goes away. 

I got a Borla ATAK for my ‘18 6.2 Sierra.  Damn, it sounds good, but it’s loud.  No drone, but you know an exhaust is on the truck ALL THE TIME.  

Was thinking about putting the stock exhaust back on since I’m 41 and getting old plus I’m an exec level guy at my company and don’t want to look like a jackass.  ;)  However now that I’ve put 400 miles on it the past two days going to pick up a horse trailer for my wife, I think I like it.  It just sounds too badass to take off.  

Wish a guy was local in DFW with an S-type so I could hear the difference though.

I'm considering a full catback for my 2018 Silverado LTZ with the 6.2 motor. I'm not looking for loud so of the  Borla and Corsa sysems which models should I be looking at?. Another words which models are the least aggressive?
I know it would be cheaper to just replace muffler but I would like to keep the stock system together just in case I want to go back to it.

The 6.2 Corsa is loud! I have to pop my truck in neutral and roll out of my garage and down the driveway every morning so the cold start doesn’t wake up the kids... I do love it though. No regrets [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, SSchup said:

GM Performance Borla cat back exhaust system.  Not inexpensive but should be what you are looking for quality and sound wise.

28 minutes ago, Lgetz said:

GM Performance Borla cat back exhaust system.  Not inexpensive but should be what you are looking for quality and sound wise.

I ended up doing a Magnaflow MF full catback,  just wanted a little more sound when you get in it and it is quiet cruising on the highway. The tip is a little bigger then I wanted but I can always change that later if I decide to.

5.3l with speed engineering longtubes and catless Y pipe though MBRP part# S5086AL
Aluminum 3.5” exhaust. Y pipe came with the adapter to run the 6.2l 3.5” ball flange. I just had to order the 3.5” ball clamp and chop down one of the pipes to make it fit my 2018 RCSB z71. Truck is filthy in the video. First day in like a week it hasn’t rained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3