2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

5.3l with speed engineering longtubes and catless Y pipe though MBRP part# S5086AL
Aluminum 3.5” exhaust. Y pipe came with the adapter to run the 6.2l 3.5” ball flange. I just had to order the 3.5” ball clamp and chop down one of the pipes to make it fit my 2018 RCSB z71. Truck is filthy in the video. First day in like a week it hasn’t rained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truck sounds awesome. How was the fit and finish of the LT? Speed Engineering is local to me and I've thought about buying a set myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Truck sounds awesome. How was the fit and finish of the LT? Speed Engineering is local to me and I've thought about buying a set myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Fits nicely. No complaints on the fitment of the headers or y pipe. Clamps are a little junky for y pipe. Headers sound a little thin and pingy imo. But for the price you can’t beat them and I plan on going Turbo later so I didn’t want to spend a crazy amount of money on headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those that tow a lot, how does your exhaust set up come into play?  I put about 2000 towing miles on my truck the past two weeks, and was actually kinda glad I didn’t have a loud exhaust.

I finally broke down and bought an exhaust, first one in 10 years.  I went with the MBRP S5086409 single side exit for the 6.2L engines.  It wasn't my first choice but I couldn't beat the price and I wanted something with the exit in the factory-ish location.  I just wanted to note that all the videos I watched in the last several weeks do not do this kit justice.  I've noticed a lot of people love it or hate it.  I am very happy with it, sounds deep, everything bolted on nicely, little drone at lower speeds.  I expected it to be louder based on the videos but its just right IMHO.  Just throwing it out there.  I will post updates after it get some more miles on it. 

• Like 1

I have been mulling over all this exhaust stuff looking for a not too loud , no drone,  no chopper,  I pull my boat most of the time at least 2 hours one way to my favorite lake, the more I read about all the different mods drone and chopped seem to show up, .I didn't want to delete 4V mode, just got done putting on the Borla/GM 19303337 it is perfect for what I wanted,  and you can take stock exhaust off with out cutting it by yourself,  it fits great, nice quality and fit ,only regret is price I guess ,it takes the wind out of you a little,  but it is a nice piece

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, Bmech said:

Has anyone done the GM dealer installed Corsa system?  I am likely going to get the gm borla system, but would like to get input from those that purchased the Corsa system.

GM Performance exhaust is made by Borla. Where did you see the GM Performance exhaust made by Corsa? My buddy has the 6.2 AT made by Corsa. It's loud when it needs to be. No drone, no helicopter thing, etc. At light acceleration it does gurgle some. Sounds great but I need something quieter, so I'm going with the GM by borla.

Can anyone recommend a muffler or muffler and resonator/ glass pack setup that will keep the v4 chopper sound at minimum? I'd like to just add a muffler and be done with it. Not interested in spending $1300 all said and done. Trying to keep the amf at the moment, so if I have to deal with a little chop it's ok. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

On 10/30/2018 at 6:09 PM, 3tspapat said:

GM Performance exhaust is made by Borla. Where did you see the GM Performance exhaust made by Corsa? My buddy has the 6.2 AT made by Corsa. It's loud when it needs to be. No drone, no helicopter thing, etc. At light acceleration it does gurgle some. Sounds great but I need something quieter, so I'm going with the GM by borla.

When you look at exhaust systems in gm accessories, there are a couple systems that are not labeled Borla.  I saw somewhere on here that Corsa made the system.  I have heard the Borla systems and like them, I just want to hear what the other system sounds like before I buy.

Thoughts on 3 cat removed true duals ataks and a couple cherry bomb glass packs to tone down things a bit. Liking the atak tone, but was thinking it could use a sounds reduction.
Side note is this forum dead or what? Guys hear seem much more cool then other forums. I've got like 4 post with zero responses. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Thoughts on 3 cat removed true duals ataks and a couple cherry bomb glass packs to tone down things a bit. Liking the atak tone, but was thinking it could use a sounds reduction.
Side note is this forum dead or what? Guys hear seem much more cool then other forums. I've got like 4 post with zero responses. Thanks!
If you’re gonna drop the coin for a true dual cat back, take a look at this video and see if it interests you. At 2:40 is when they compare the true dual to stock.

I’m not familiar with glass packs to quiet things down so I can’t really give you an opinion. I also like the sound of the ATAK system and understand if you want the tone but not the volume. It could get a bit tiresome.
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 8:29 AM, Scooter Scott said:

Has anyone self installed a magnaflow 12909 on a 6.2L?  I'm thinking of tackling this myself.  Only problem that I see is once I remove the flapper, the hanger doesn't leave a lot of pipe available to get a clamp around it.  Any thoughts or tips?

IMO just use a good exhaust shop who will measure twice and cut off stock muffler and flapper valve exactly as required.  The 12909 will fit slightly canted up in back but no worries.  Not much to go wrong as long as everything is done right.