2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

great pictures billg72340. truck looks great. Who did you order from? Wondering how long it took to get out to you. I ordered mine from switchsuspension. They said it could be 10 days. I'm hoping that isnt the case. I'm from PA so not that far off from Ohio.

great pictures billg72340. truck looks great. Who did you order from? Wondering how long it took to get out to you. I ordered mine from switchsuspension. They said it could be 10 days. I'm hoping that isnt the case. I'm from PA so not that far off from Ohio.

Thanks. Ordered mine from Summit but they had drop shipped from factory in CA. Took 5 days UPS.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Originally I used 4 rings without the spindles and dropped 1.5" then installed the spindles and added a ring back on which gave me 3" total.

Did you do the install yourself? I've got the drop struts in the garage but am a bit worried about replacing them on my own. Heard a few horror stories about getting the right spring compressors to get the job done.

Only thing about lowering these trucks with struts and springs in the mix, is the lower you go the front wheel moves back in the wheel well and isn't centered.

My front wheels are perfectly centered. However, camber is a bit of an issue after the springs have fully settled over a few thousand miles.

Front struts are fairly easy with the right tools. I had problems getting the lower ball joints popped with a hammer and ended up borrowing a puller. Most auto parts have loaners.351c39721b0fc0da229661bbd4a2bf58.jpg01dc7d930e1384b5e7e23a5605bfbcde.jpgc2867390d33dc5748660c01458aed498.jpg7a73752ee1b5f2d5985bfa76f30005c1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My front wheels are perfectly centered. However, camber is a bit of an issue after the springs have fully settled over a few thousand miles.

Send me a side pictire

After reading through all 90+ pages my head hurts and I still can't make a decision.

First off I have a 14 Sierra RCSB Z71 4x4, with 285/45/22 and currently have the back leveled out with 2" shackles and the factory blocks removed, after owning it for 2 weeks and having the shackles in for 1 week it needs to go lower already haha

I am thinking I want to for about a 2/4 or 2/5 drop, now figuring out the best way to do that...

I was considering going with Beltech 25004 2" shocks in the front and either DJM or McGaughys 4 or 5" flip kit in the back. I might even try just the shocks first and see how it looks with my current rear setup, will have a couple inches of time but that's better then the 4+ it had before..

My other option is flip kit, was looking at DJM, I believe I would use RK2507-6 and since I already have 2" shackles I think that would give me a 4 or 5 inch drop correct?

Or would you recommend McGaughys flip kit over DJM? I was having a hard time finding the right part number on their site tho.

And for the back I haven't decided on a shock, I see rcsb guys saying the beltech is too stiff on our short trucks.

Other question do all flip kits require cutting off the bump stop mount? Cutting on my new truck with 9k miles makes me cringe a little but I'm sure I could get over it haha

So basically just looking for recommendations, I have been reading for days and I just want to order stuff so I can get to work on it!

Sorry for the Wall of text! Haha

Pics or it didn't happen! :P haha

I think i have a plan of attack for my truck unless someone can tell me a better alternative

I see lots of complaints about turning radius with drop spindles so my plan is Belltech 25004 2" drop shocks, and that way if i ever do want to go lower i could add spindles.

the only issue i have read about with those is getting proper alignment but from what i can tell a set of Belltech 4955 bushings should get it where it needs to be.

and for the back i think i am going to leave it with shackles and blocks removed for now, I have seen a few pics in this thread with guys with that setup and it looked good, then i think ill go with some Belltech 2212FF rear shocks, anything has got to be better the the stock rancho's

Thoughts on going this route? anything im missing?

Top pic is how it sits now, bottom is stock

post-173448-0-01461800-1498487014_thumb.jpg

• Like 1