LED Fog Bulbs & Lights

OUSux

Why change your lights at all if you are concerned with being too bright?? The stock are legal use those . I do a lot of driving on highways and road where there are no lights. This why I am changing mine.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why change your lights at all if you are concerned with being too bright?? The stock are legal use those . I do a lot of driving on highways and road where there are no lights. This why I am changing mine.

I do not like having halogen fogs, and I currently have HIDs in my fogs but am having trouble with them and getting a bit tired of dealing with them, so I feel like changing them to a high quality piece that if I needed to use them, would do some real work to help see

Mike,

I'm not sure if you're looking for a driving light or real fog light. If you're looking for foglights, take a look at the TRS Morimoto LED foglights. They are 3 1/2" diameter, 1200 lumen, with a flat cutoff.

Mike,

I'm not sure if you're looking for a driving light or real fog light. If you're looking for foglights, take a look at the TRS Morimoto LED foglights. They are 3 1/2" diameter, 1200 lumen, with a flat cutoff.

Neither of those kits are compatible with the 2014 sierra I thought? Was looking at those the other day

Mike,

It'd be a custom install. I've given some thought to them. I thought the easiest install would be to cut those tabs off the mount and slide it in the round ring of the Sierra fog mount, then use some spacers to center it in the Sierra ring and screw into the ring of the Morimoto mount. That Morimoto mount seems to have an adjusting screw in the back.

Mike,

It'd be a custom install. I've given some thought to them. I thought the easiest install would be to cut those tabs off the mount and slide it in the round ring of the Sierra fog mount, then use some spacers to center it in the Sierra ring and screw into the ring of the Morimoto mount. That Morimoto mount seems to have an adjusting screw in the back.

True, but honestly would rather something a bit brighter, my night sight isn't too great, especially with these OEM headlight projectors.

If I felt confident enough with doing a retrofit, I would do that and not really worry about my fogs and would likely just go the more "decorative" route like most people seemed to be going earlier in this thread.

Figured I should add these here too. These are the PIAA LP530 LED fog lights. These are true fog lights with a DOT legal beam pattern that can be left on all the time without bothering anybody. They're significantly brighter than stock and have a much better beam pattern with a lot more light to the sides of the vehicle. I wired them to come on with the side marker lamps so they're on any time the lights are "on" (not on with DRL's).

PICT0356.JPG

PICT0357.JPG

PICT0366.JPG

PICT0379.JPG

PICT0400.JPG

The Bracket I made:

PICT0419.JPG

PICT0421.JPG

Simply snaps right into place:

PICT0438.JPG

Thanks guys. The bracket was a fair amount of effort and not cheap, but I felt like doing it. Every now and then I get inspired and can't stop until it's done. It's plastic but very sturdy. Now that all the work is done, if anybody else wants a pair just let me know and I can get you some. Like I said, they aren't cheap but I know easy snap on installation and OEM look is probably worth it to some.

Anyway, here's a beam pattern comparison between these and the stock fogs:

IMG_20140314_242413_608.jpg

IMG_20140314_242430_046.jpg

IMG_20140314_242510_569.jpg

The biggest improvement over stock in the pattern is how thick it is way out to the sides. The stock beam pattern gets very thin to the sides so it's not lighting much up out there.

Though as I mentioned in the other thread, if you aren't going to do a lightbar or similar to augment your brights, you may want to do the LP 530 Driving lights instead and wire them to come on with your brights. I feel the brights need more help on these GMC's than the dims.

Thanks guys. The bracket was a fair amount of effort and not cheap, but I felt like doing it. Every now and then I get inspired and can't stop until it's done. It's plastic but very sturdy. Now that all the work is done, if anybody else wants a pair just let me know and I can get you some. Like I said, they aren't cheap but I know easy snap on installation and OEM look is probably worth it to some.

Anyway, here's a beam pattern comparison between these and the stock fogs:

IMG_20140314_242413_608.jpg

IMG_20140314_242430_046.jpg

IMG_20140314_242510_569.jpg

The biggest improvement over stock in the pattern is how thick it is way out to the sides. The stock beam pattern gets very thin to the sides so it's not lighting much up out there.

Though as I mentioned in the other thread, if you aren't going to do a lightbar or similar to augment your brights, you may want to do the LP 530 Driving lights instead and wire them to come on with your brights. I feel the brights need more help on these GMC's than the dims.

How much would it cost? Just curious! Keeping the OEM look, getting a better light, no major modifications needed. Oh hell yea!

Also how does the color do compared to the LED DRLs? Just curious cause I know sometimes pictures don't do much justice.

Those PIAA LED fogs would be perfect but I need that bracket. I also like the Hella LED fog lamps but there would also be some type of fabrication required. Has anyone on here tried these Hella's in the stock location? The Hella's are my 1st choice but The Putco are the only ones so far without any fab required. I also checked the the Putco are also a true fog pattern like the PIAA and Hella.

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/default/optilux/optilux-4-led-fog-lamp-kit/

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/putco-luminix-high-power-led-fog-lights-sil-p/12002-sil.htm

Standard Headlights and Fogs

Just Fogs

photo 1

Highbeams

photo 2

Rough Country LED Fogs Only

photo 3

Standard Headlights Only

photo 4

Both RC LED Fogs and Standard Headlights

photo 5

Overall I am very happy with these LED Fogs from Rough Country. The pictures honestly do not do these fogs justice. They are very bright and I feel like i could drive around with just them on at night. They have a very wide beam but do not shine to high where I am blinding other drivers. I had my father drive towards me on our street and he was not blinded by them and then i drove behind him and again he was not blinded by them.

Next on the list is HIDs

Archived