What have you done to your K2 today?

Added some 2x2" by 1/8th" wall square tubing to raise my back seats up making room for under seat speaker box. Was a tedious process with limited space for wrench inside the tubing.. 🤦‍♀️  Just clears the latches on the back so seat can fold down as well. Tubing, bolts, washer and nuts all under $60.(having a drill press and miter-saw helps) might be cheaper/convenient for the LMI kits if not.. :D

Also swapped to the boost wireless center  console charger.. hmmm.. little pricey for the quality.. but it made my center console wireless charging pad useful now(wife likes it).  

343013857_2194799604241644_4772266094505673640_n.thumb.jpg.42b886392f0a3747ff2beda76a6d02ac.jpg

343186874_778306513926167_3190142893420721941_n.thumb.jpg.30b7a3b0c055c33ea6fb03bfa7379d75.jpg

342904349_260301479894384_85088929636325687_n.thumb.jpg.6f95380ecae3977f4f93cb3b3d0aa0e7.jpg

20230403_113938.thumb.jpg.6249644309cb9af3162e3557251bce5c.jpg

342852085_243136661640646_2222867162084579035_n.jpg

Edited by jpinoy
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Does the back of the seat still hook in the loops on the back wall?

Yes, with the 2" height, it just clears the latches in the back to be able to fold down, once seat is unfolded, it latches(maybe a 1/2" to 1") on the back loop. I think the LMI 2.5" kit, it doesn't latch back in. 2" was just the right height for what I wanted.

• Thanks 1

Did an oil change and rotated tires. Glad I switched to the F107N after the 1st oil change, keeps everything clean. Took a bit for relearn after the tire rotation.. passenger rear was finicky on how I had to hold the TPMS relearn tool(EL-50448).

image.thumb.jpeg.8da24b1dbd128decf6b881ee11f2c69e.jpeg

• Like 4

Running down the Interstate today and got passed by an empty Semi flat bed. Kind that hauls oversized loads. A rock or nut or something similar comes flying off the bed striking my windshield. Sounds like an M-80 going off in the cab. Not a chip or scratch one. I didn't even want to stop and look at what else may have been damaged. Still, I had to when I got home. Gave it a good hand wash. Found two new Itty-bitsy chips in the paint but nothing else. That is one tough windshield. 😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

A rock or nut or something similar comes flying off the bed striking my windshield. Sounds like an M-80 going off in the cab.

I had something similar happen while driving the Tri-state just over a year ago and yes, it was loud. At first I thought it might have been a gun shot but was a rock. I didn't see anything after getting home and looking. I did discover a chip a couple days later way over on passenger side around the windshield wiper. It took a while but ended up spreading up and over. I had to get it replaced. Luckily I had coverage with no deductible on my insurance and had a local experienced installer come to the house to swap it out.

• Like 2

Finally jumped on the catch-can wagon, went with the UPR. With my low miles, figured it wouldn't hurt to have it. Will see how it works in the long run. Just another thing for me to remember to look at after so many mile.. :)

Up next will be to install the updated TBV. Maybe in the next week or two I'll install it, just arrived today. I had the STL010, but returned it for the GM updated TBV, only a couple $$ more.

Summer is coming so wanted to see how much it drops the temp.

343084748_767557478152494_8786590448073583330_n.thumb.jpg.125a60d3df5d69d5ffaec5d5b65a66d3.jpg

On 5/9/2023 at 11:42 PM, mikeyk101 said:

I had something similar happen while driving the Tri-state just over a year ago and yes, it was loud. At first I thought it might have been a gun shot but was a rock. I didn't see anything after getting home and looking. I did discover a chip a couple days later way over on passenger side around the windshield wiper. It took a while but ended up spreading up and over. I had to get it replaced. Luckily I had coverage with no deductible on my insurance and had a local experienced installer come to the house to swap it out.

Found it last night. Upper passenger side headlamp. Bet that's cheap. LOL Crazed it but no hole so it still works and didn't let water in when I was washing it. 

• Like 1

I discovered on our trip back home to see family the truck uses a quart of oil roughly every 1500 miles. Is this normal like the dealership says it is? Also after returning home the battery went dead in 2 days and after jump starting it the radio screen is now glitching. For those old enough to remember it looks like when you needed to fix the tracking on the VCR. Because the picture is bouncing all over. Also it is loosing coolant in roughly the same amount of miles the coolant tank was empty after 2000 miles. Filled it up before heading back to our house and it halfway down again. Scheduled a appointment for transfer case fluid change and added all these things to the list. 

12 minutes ago, Homewrecker007 said:

I discovered on our trip back home to see family the truck uses a quart of oil roughly every 1500 miles. Is this normal like the dealership says it is? Also after returning home the battery went dead in 2 days and after jump starting it the radio screen is now glitching. For those old enough to remember it looks like when you needed to fix the tracking on the VCR. Because the picture is bouncing all over. Also it is loosing coolant in roughly the same amount of miles the coolant tank was empty after 2000 miles. Filled it up before heading back to our house and it halfway down again. Scheduled a appointment for transfer case fluid change and added all these things to the list. 

well I drive mine like a race horse on a full injection of steroids and it does not use a drop of oil bewteen oil changes of 3000 miles

so even though gm may not admit it I would say you have a oil consumption problem, you can try a catch can and see if that helps

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Also it is loosing coolant in roughly the same amount of miles the coolant tank was empty after 2000 miles. Filled it up before heading back to our house and it halfway down again.

Are you sure the truck isn't running hot causing coolant to run out overflow? Maybe a stuck thermostat? Otherwise is there possibly a head gasket leak? Any smoke coming out tailpipe? I'm not very trusting of the coolant temp gauge on these trucks as they have almost 25⁰ difference either hotter or colder before you will even see the needle move off of 210⁰. A better way is using an OBDII tester while driving to monitor coolant temps in real time.

And like @doubeleive mentions, his doesn't burn oil and mine doesn't either. A quart every 1500 miles does seem a bit much.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mikeyk101 said:

Are you sure the truck isn't running hot causing coolant to run out overflow? Maybe a stuck thermostat? Otherwise is there possibly a head gasket leak? Any smoke coming out tailpipe? I'm not very trusting of the coolant temp gauge on these trucks as they have almost 25⁰ difference either hotter or colder before you will even see the needle move off of 210⁰. A better way is using an OBDII tester while driving to monitor coolant temps in real time.

And like @doubeleive mentions, his doesn't burn oil and mine doesn't either. A quart every 1500 miles does seem a bit much.

I didn't catch the "loosing coolant" part

might want to check under the filler cap and make sure there is no snot looking stuff inside the filler cavity hole and under the inside of the cap.

otherwise a slow coolant leak can be hard to find you need to get under it with a flashlight and mirror and look everywhere for a redish/orange colored tinged fluid or dried up spot, slow leaks can be wet and then dry out in the wind but will leave a mark.

take off all the plastic trim around the top area of the radiator and look down both sides with a flashlight, look under the water pump (reason for mirror) and check for a leak there also.

5 hours ago, mikeyk101 said:

neither does My truck 2018 SLT GMC .