What have you done to your K2 today?

6 minutes ago, Homewrecker007 said:

I watched the same video. I found some used 3rd brake lights with the camera in them. Said to be delivered tomorrow. 

Hope it shows up!

I thought about that too, had one in my cart on Ebay, then just looked up the camera, and it was cheaper just to get the camera, plus I was going to throw away the lens and wiring that came with it anyways.. maybe I could have sold it without the camera, who knows.. :D 

• Like 1

Finally had success getting my ridiculously bright headlight leds to work in the 2014 All Terrain. I'm sure there's lots of getting high beamed in my future. I spend most of my driving time at night on back roads and there's a lot of Amish folks around here. I've about hit a few of them in the middle of the night. They do go out drinking. Some of the night life activities I've witnessed are,

buggy drag racing

Drinking and technically driving?

And the most interestingly bizarre thing was at 2am I was stopped at an intersection and could hear a stereo system bumping and getting closer before long here passes a horse and buggy rattling to beat hell. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Hope it shows up!

I thought about that too, had one in my cart on Ebay, then just looked up the camera, and it was cheaper just to get the camera, plus I was going to throw away the lens and wiring that came with it anyways.. maybe I could have sold it without the camera, who knows.. :D 

I found them pretty cheap considering. The cheapest I could find the camera by itself was $124

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jpinoy said:

So, got the camera in today and decide to test it out before running the cables. On my 17, doesn't look like the OE cover to hide the wires will work, since it doesn't have that bracket to clip onto, need to figure out how to hide the wires. 

Looks like I'll have to repin the mirror as well, which pins did you change for power and what not? Need to find a pin-out for the header harness. Do you have a pin out diagram or just test via VMM?

I posted Pinout info here in the topic I started .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Finally had success getting my ridiculously bright headlight leds to work in the 2014 All Terrain. I'm sure there's lots of getting high beamed in my future. I spend most of my driving time at night on back roads and there's a lot of Amish folks around here. I've about hit a few of them in the middle of the night. They do go out drinking. Some of the night life activities I've witnessed are,

buggy drag racing

Drinking and technically driving?

And the most interestingly bizarre thing was at 2am I was stopped at an intersection and could hear a stereo system bumping and getting closer before long here passes a horse and buggy rattling to beat hell. 

When I read this I thought you were bsing.. well heck apparently that's a thing!

Screenshot_20230319_172540_Google.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PAPER said:

I posted Pinout info here in the topic I started .

Yeah, I need to check other sections more often, when I do get a chance to visit. I used to use Tapatalk, but this forum doesn't work with it due to using old plug-in. And all these ads... I was here a lot at the start... 🤷🏽‍♂️

But yeah, my issue was not pushing the connectors all the way together. It was late and was pretty tired.. 😩 grabbed the electrical diagram for my truck and I found the pinout for my truck on gmuplifters. Got lucky with just a plug n pray connection. Reading that thread, I might pick-up a spare brake light.. ,😅

• Like 1

Took some pictures when I got home this morning of the new headlights in action. Big improvement over stock.

Also ordered several harnesses for the 2018 sierra from the harnessdr.com for the seat swap.

Low20230320_053629.thumb.jpg.1b904a5cda588ffae8183348f72a8697.jpg

high

20230320_053636.thumb.jpg.2323ac191411ef42d0fc0cbe7448882f.jpg

Edited by Homewrecker007
  • Like 2

Worked on the 2014 Sierra Replaced lower ball joints, leveled up the front end,coolant temp sensor, thermostat and got it aligned.
worked on the 2018 got the sport bar and tonneau cover installed and wires ran for 3rd brake light and future offroad lights.

20230322_121127.thumb.jpg.cee692807301882ee8f89f558aef55cb.jpg20230322_100124.thumb.jpg.c46026b35b8028a46f52cabf8b3ead65.jpg20230322_095950.thumb.jpg.ffa75376389acb4d15528211886fc5e8.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/10/2022 at 10:12 PM, OffTheAir said:

Today I changed the transmission fluid on the truck, I think I'm going to begin doing it routinely every 30,000 miles; last I did it was at 88,000. It was a little bit dirty, but honestly, not bad at all and nothing that made me concerned.

Also - add me to the club! I installed the updated thermal bypass valve. Typically on my way home from work (35-45 minute drive) I was around the 185 range; sometimes a little bit higher depending on traffic and the weather. After installing the new part, I think the highest I got to was about 163. Very happy with that number and curious to see what it is like during the hotter summer months. 🙂

I've missed something..

Thermal bypass valve?

• Like 1