What have you done to your K2 today?

you should be able to get it on there even with shutters, all you have to do is pull the center grill off and figure it out, if I can cram a tru cool in there a light bar should be a breeze.

• Like 1

Removed the seats and jump seat. Also, remove the steering wheel. I'm upgrading to heated steering wheel and power heat/cool leather seats and a full-length center console. Thinking a future mod will be the captain's chairs in the back seat with the jump seat console.

Edited by Homewrecker007
  • Like 1

Haven't really done anything in a while, but finally got this in the mail! I went back and forth forever on whether or not I wanted to add mud flaps because I really liked the look without them. However, I really wanted to protect the bottom of my doors so I took a risk. I went with the Weathertechs because they were very subtle and an easy, no-drill install.

I took an additional risk by only getting the fronts, I just didn't like the look on the rear of the truck and I think the chip guard on the back of the bed has been more than adequate against debris. I am very happy with how they turned out!! Extra plus is that I can remove them whenever I want in a matter of minutes!

22AD8583-129B-41B4-92ED-78B3524F3102.thumb.jpeg.d3f3033e27251cc0e950cc12650da16c.jpeg44B97247-48CB-4D35-A4F4-2386366451C1.thumb.jpeg.7d0705af54a0afec680ceb4dd08bc6e8.jpeg

• Like 5

Swapped out Fox 2.0s with 80k on them, for new Fox 2.5 with resi. Direct comparison is not fair because the old ones were worn out, but I say I really like the ride and control of the new ones. From order to delivery was only 7 months, so they'd better be good. 😉

While I was at it, I addressed low psi in the brake vacuum, by replacing the vacuum pump. My truck is an 2018, but had older part number (12669488). So I got new one from Amazon (100$) part # 12696313. Checked Brake Booster Vacuum before at idle: ~12psi, and dropped to 1-2psi on peddle pump. Checked after: 14psi at idle, and 3psi on peddle pump. Not much difference, but the pulley bearings were going bad, and I replaced the belt, so still worth it at 80k.

20230207_012637268_iOS.jpg

20230207_012905351_iOS.jpg

20230207_022348428_iOS.jpg

20230207_022401213_iOS.jpg

• Like 5

Set up the Ottocast U2-Air wireless CarPlay adapter. Saw it on sale for $60 a couple weeks ago so I figured I would give it a try. Some some good reviews about it being one of the fastest so I figured now is the time to give it a try. I have nothing to compare it to, but I will say that its a heck of a lot faster than using CarPlay wired. When wired, it takes anywhere between 3-5 seconds to skip a song. Wireless through the Ottocast adapter its more like 1 second. I was definitely surprised at those numbers. Its a keeper!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a mod but I finally tackled cleaning my MAF sensor and the throttle body. I was surprised how easy it is to remove the throttle body. I have just over 80k miles and I know I never cleaned either so I figured I would get it done. No real run ability problems but did it for preventive maintenance. I picked up a can of MAF cleaner and throttle body cleaner. It was a bit expensive IMO but wanted to use the right stuff. The MAF sensor didn't look too bad. The throttle body had a bit of gunk but cleaned up nicely. After getting it all back together, I did the idle relearn and it seems to be running good. I didn't get a chance to take it for a drive but it idles nicely. I guess I should have replaced the air cleaner as well but it just gives me another excuse to get back in there again sometime soon...

• Like 1

Installed Speed Engineering traction bars on the truck today.  Actually started last night and finished today.  Like everything the first side takes the longest and second side went pretty dang smooth.  On these traction bars you end up drilling through the leaf spring to help secure that end.  I started that but din't make much progress on that part before deciding to come back to that some time in the future when I had more patience.  I was hoping that it would eliminate the vibrations I get around 68-73 mph.  While it didn't eliminate the vibrations, they were reduced.  It certainly feels more planted when I launch.PXL_20230224_235712265.thumb.jpg.5cc886b79ad74c27a10f53910418120e.jpg

Edited by UofAZCats