What have you done to your K2 today?

9 hours ago, Turtl3Up said:

Do you have a post where you talked about installing those headllights? They look great! Also, gonna need more details on that deflector 😍

No, I didn't do a post-up on that but the install was a bit of a pain to swap over the bottom color matched lower piece of trim.
They are the Morimoto XB headlights for 2016-2018 Silverado 1500.
The wind deflector I bought from American Trucks.
Link here: https://www.americantrucks.com/silverado1500-aeroskin-lightshield-color-match-hood-protector-summit-white-753123-gaz.html

• Like 1

spent 1/2 the day yesterday running rca cables and a amp turn on wire and changed out some speakers in my sub box, went to hook up the axxess dsp I bought and all the POS does is make static spent a while troubleshooting it but it's just fubar.

so this morning I bought a PAC AP4-GM61 it works great, doesn't quite have all the features the axxess unit would have had but it sure cleaned up the sound and bypasses the bose amp, you can tune it with a laptop via usb but I didn't have to change much the sound was pretty good right out of the box in fact all I changed was the sub crossover from 100hz to 80hz and turned the startup volume a hair. $400+ module but it works like I wanted so can't complain. 

ap4gm61.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

No, I didn't do a post-up on that but the install was a bit of a pain to swap over the bottom color matched lower piece of trim.
They are the Morimoto XB headlights for 2016-2018 Silverado 1500.
The wind deflector I bought from American Trucks.
Link here: https://www.americantrucks.com/silverado1500-aeroskin-lightshield-color-match-hood-protector-summit-white-753123-gaz.html

Appreciate it! Hope it's not too much to ask, but the American Trucks site site has like no pictures. Any chance we could get a view from inside the cab?

2 hours ago, Turtl3Up said:

Appreciate it! Hope it's not too much to ask, but the American Trucks site site has like no pictures. Any chance we could get a view from inside the cab?

Sure. It is barely noticeable. This pic is taken from my eye level when driving.

IMG_0928.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Few more thing and I’ll be done upgrading EA0056F3-AF5A-43EF-80A0-528819A5EBD3.thumb.jpeg.510bcc1edb35659fb548c3a98b12089c.jpeg

No you won't! It's a wicked sickness that has no cure, especially when you've gone as far as you have already...

Edited by mikeyk101
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:

Does it stop any better?

Feels like it stops better specially with these heavy wheels (also changed the rear brakes rotors and pads) and ordered new wheel lights quad flow series wheel lights 😂 forgot about that. 

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got some time to put the engine back together. First round turns out the machine shop didn’t give the main bearing enough clearances and it was too tight… wiped out the bearings within 150-200 miles…. Took the block back and had them open up the clearances. Also threw in a C5R chain and Katech oil pump. Hopefully within the next few weeks, I’ll have some more time to throw it back in the truck. 

Trans also got rebuilt with Circle D lvl 4 and Sonnax zip kit. 

The converter also came back from circle D for a refresh and new clutches. 

Driveshaft is also back from performance driveline getting balanced and looked over again. 

Can’t wait to have this truck back on the road. 

(Forgot to take pictures of all the goodies inside the engine. Doh)

818D68ED-7847-4FD6-A72C-F0AC7E75E8DE.jpeg

Edited by CajunFries
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2