What have you done to your K2 today?

1 hour ago, Rad_Rado17 said:

There's a bunch of youtube videos covering these set ups.  Check out Dirtking, 454 motorsports.  454's youtube page covers all the trucks they've done with detailed videos.  As far as pictures, I would just search Silverado longtravel and there should be more than enough to check out.  

Thanks man! 

• Like 1

Welp, my radiator fans were on full blast again the other day on my way to work, turns out the coolant temperature sensor was not the culprit after all (replaced back in May).

Currently installing a new thermostat, which I am confident will solve the problem. My temperature gauge has barely been reaching 185, and after a couple of driving cycles during my commute in the morning it drops down to 160 and turns the fans on.

It's actually quite hilarious, I think it's trying to tell me something, haha.

• Like 1

haven't really been doing much with mine but I finally bought a Metra DSP. I have been using a couple JL amps with hi/lo adapters and using the audio signal as the on/off trigger and at low volume it's not enough to trigger the amps on, I am still using the stock head unit mostly because there is not really many choices out there for "kits" but the new stinger seems a little better looking but still holding off on changing the head unit the "floaters" just do not do it for me. The metra can be adjusted with a phone app, not many reviews on it out there but it seems to be there "universal solution" and has been out for a while already. I just have to tuck this in behind the radio and run some rca cables to the amps and should be golden.

dsp4.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/8/2022 at 10:37 PM, MikeBMW said:

I just installed a Gen V Linkswell.
I like it, I have a wireless dongle for CarPlay and use it to connect my phone. Also, I can watch YouTube videos or NetFlix, but I never do that when driving.
That's why I use CarPlay when driving.

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Mike - I just sent you a PM about this head unit. I'm interested in one and am curious what your experience has been like!

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 7:41 PM, Stonewood said:

Can you go into more detail on how to run the CB audio through the Radio head unit?

What cabling is needed?

Does the cabling plug into the back of the radio?

Sorry for the slow response. Life has been crazy. The CB has a mono 3.5mm external speaker port. I used a mono 3.5mm to RCA adapter cable then a single female to dual male RCA Y adapter. That RCA Y adapter then plugs into the RCA Audio Input of AV Input on the back of my Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. I can then set my radio to AV and listen to CB on the trucks speakers. You can also use an AUX input on the radio but mine is used but the Maestro Interface for the radio. the problem you may run into with and AUX port is the CB outputs in Mono and a standard AUX port is stereo. The nice thing is I can listen to the CB while using Android Auto for navigation. AA will automatically attenuate the CB volume when it it giving you turn by turn directions. I can also simply reach around the back of the CB radio and unplug the 3.5mm jack if I want to use the CB's internal speaker.

av input.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/7/2022 at 2:27 PM, Sinkhole said:

That RCA Y adapter then plugs into the RCA Audio Input of AV Input on the back of my Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

OOhhhhh. I see you plugged the CB into your Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. I am trying to determine how to plug the CB audio cable into my stock unit. There is no aux port on the face of it. 

On 10/9/2022 at 8:43 AM, Stonewood said:

OOhhhhh. I see you plugged the CB into your Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. I am trying to determine how to plug the CB audio cable into my stock unit. There is no aux port on the face of it. 

For a stock head unit you can use something like an iSimple IS31 FM transmitter. It will give you RCA inputs and basically t's into you antenna. You will need 2 antenna adapters as well to convert to proper antenna connector for you truck.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:43 AM, Stonewood said:

Stock radios aux input may be inside your center console (inside the jump seat, if you have that instead of the center console), or inside the upper glove box.

• Like 1