What have you done to your K2 today?

I have been on a small spending spree for the truck, I ordered some 275/70/18 Kenda Klever R/t tires, a Gater bed cover, a stubby antenna, bed tie-downs, cabin air filter, Oil change a week ago and they wanted 30 bucks for a filter. Some new 921 reverse LED bulbs. 

Today the rain set in and had to stop and get some wiper blades of course auto zone wanted to give me the expensive ones, $30 is a little to much for 1 wiper. So the Duralast flex blade which wasnt much less but they fit. 

• Like 2

For the 1st time ever I cleaned the inside of the windshield with a microfiber cloth instead of paper towels. I can see! What the heck took me so long to figure that one out?!?! I have seen the light and now know the error of my ways. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 5:36 AM, Cupton said:

For the 1st time ever I cleaned the inside of the windshield with a microfiber cloth instead of paper towels. I can see! What the heck took me so long to figure that one out?!?! I have seen the light and now know the error of my ways. 😉

I use paper towels (or rare occasions newspaper) when I'm not home, near my microfiber.

• Like 2

Happy New year Y’all! 

quick 60-130 pull. Not a clean run but it’s the only one that saved with a video. Did a couple more pull after this and got a 8.72. Keep in mind this is a crew cab standard bed. Clocked in at almost 5900 on the scale. 🍻🍻🍻

EC663255-0577-499D-8C9D-741CDC7D4B47.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been a minute since I've done anything to my truck other than an regular maintenance. FINALLY, after 2 years of searching locally, found a OEM All Terrain grille. The cost (only $120) was justified by the condition.. lots of deep scratches down past the paint, which took me several hours to correct. Learned a lot during the process but happy with the outcome, even after dropping it and cracking the freshly refinished bezel 😥. Luckily the crack is on the bottom and tough to see. Then had to move the light bar mount so that took awhile to fabricate. IMG_1526.thumb.jpg.b3b84372957aecdd5ae13f313dcc4201.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AZ_SS said:

My truck is on its way to Cordes Performance tomorrow for a Gen 5 Whipple supercharger, Soler TB, custom tune and a set of Cal tracs.

Throw a set of LT4 injectors/HPFP and a 535 in-tank or dual 450 in there so you can actually have some fun. 😈😈

also, what size TB are you getting? I would go with the biggest you can get… something like Nick William 103mm. Then just have Cordes make you a 5” intake for it. 

Edited by CajunFries

I'm trying to not go crazy with the truck since it is my daily driver, that's more what my ZL1 is for. I went with Soler's 91 mm eff tb but Cordes is making a custom intake for it.

3 hours ago, AZ_SS said:

I'm trying to not go crazy with the truck since it is my daily driver, that's more what my ZL1 is for. I went with Soler's 91 mm eff tb but Cordes is making a custom intake for it.

I havnt seen the 3.0 in person or look into but I’m sure you can just run the LT5 TB (it’s like $200 new on Amazon. It’s a 95mm tb) like the 2.9 can. No need to pay for porting and you’ll have a bigger opening. 

Edited by CajunFries

On 1/16/2023 at 1:38 PM, boettcher40 said:

Been a minute since I've done anything to my truck other than an regular maintenance. FINALLY, after 2 years of searching locally, found a OEM All Terrain grille. The cost (only $120) was justified by the condition.. lots of deep scratches down past the paint, which took me several hours to correct. Learned a lot during the process but happy with the outcome, even after dropping it and cracking the freshly refinished bezel 😥. Luckily the crack is on the bottom and tough to see. Then had to move the light bar mount so that took awhile to fabricate. IMG_1526.thumb.jpg.b3b84372957aecdd5ae13f313dcc4201.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the light bar install and what light bar are you using?

On 1/23/2023 at 3:32 AM, Homewrecker007 said:

Do you have any pictures of the light bar install and what light bar are you using?

I don't have any pictures during the install, unfortunately. I used a piece of 1/8"(I think? maybe 3/16?) steel that was 2-3" wide and roughly 36" long. Mounted the steel plate directly to the radiator support pieces behind the grille. Then mounted the light bar brackets to the steel plate. Fairly easy if you don't have active shutters, just had to use vice grips/clamps to mock things up before drilling/mounting both the plate and light bar mounts. This way I made sure it was spaced where I wanted it between the grille pieces.

I have a cheap light bar I snagged from Amazon prime day, it's a Rigidhorse 32" single row. Don't recommend it, scatters light everywhere.. it's really only beneficial through the woods at night going slow. On dark backroads with no traffic my SS3 pro fogs outperform it. I've been eyeing up the Diode Dynamics 30" stage series bar but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm a firm believer in Diode's quality and performance, and when it comes to lighting you really do get what you pay for. 

IMG_1530.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, boettcher40 said:

I don't have any pictures during the install, unfortunately. I used a piece of 1/8"(I think? maybe 3/16?) steel that was 2-3" wide and roughly 36" long. Mounted the steel plate directly to the radiator support pieces behind the grille. Then mounted the light bar brackets to the steel plate. Fairly easy if you don't have active shutters, just had to use vice grips/clamps to mock things up before drilling/mounting both the plate and light bar mounts. This way I made sure it was spaced where I wanted it between the grille pieces.

I have a cheap light bar I snagged from Amazon prime day, it's a Rigidhorse 32" single row. Don't recommend it, scatters light everywhere.. it's really only beneficial through the woods at night going slow. On dark backroads with no traffic my SS3 pro fogs outperform it. I've been eyeing up the Diode Dynamics 30" stage series bar but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm a firm believer in Diode's quality and performance, and when it comes to lighting you really do get what you pay for. 

IMG_1530.jpg

Thanks, unfortunately I have the active shutters.