What have you done to your K2 today?

25 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Crazy part is I get rolled the day I get my license, ain’t had them since 2011. 

Now the black smoke this is something diesel trucks get pulled over for.  Dudes be flooring it when they wanna stunt on the next truck.  Trying be big dog...

You got lucky and that cop dumb as hell. 

Edited by Snowcamo

52 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Now the black smoke this is something diesel trucks get pulled over for.  Dudes be flooring it when they wanna stunt on the next truck.  Trying be big dog...

You got lucky and that cop dumb as hell. 

He wrote me a citation for defective muffler 👎🏽 now I have to go to downtown to court house tell them wtf

17 hours ago, Homewrecker007 said:

First step of live view rearview mirror installation complete on both the 2014 All Terrain and the 2018 Gmc Z71 Elevation. Cameras for both trucks are on the way. The All Terrain was plug and play. The 2018 I had to re-pin the mirror plug to get power to it.

201420230311_152424.thumb.jpg.958a8d1d59e0850a6cf540280dd1f43f.jpg20230311_152413.thumb.jpg.205f4a543b0331a5340b773c10654bcd.jpg

201820230307_125302.thumb.jpg.5542377f6a39c5b7c6c711c7aa1779ec.jpg20230308_145448.thumb.jpg.7277af365237c3748593684bb209ba48.jpg

I'm in the same boat, waiting for the camera to show up as well... I haven't installed the mirror or ran the cable yet, didn't want to tease myself waiting on the camera..  😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jpinoy said:

I'm in the same boat, waiting for the camera to show up as well... I haven't installed the mirror or ran the cable yet, didn't want to tease myself waiting on the camera..  😅

Yeah I hear you there, for me it's not much of a tease. I'm not driving either one of them yet and I only get 2.5 hours a day to work on them before having to leave for work. 

• Like 1

Got the tires mounted and the real test fit. The wheels were supposed to get custom beadlocks added on but they never got back to me and I totally forgot about it. Hoping to hit the track within a month or so while the air is still nice. 

845CC876-4079-449A-A8F4-D45D678A1CBF.jpeg

8B45368B-907E-4464-90DE-EBCE93FAE215.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/22/2022 at 10:19 PM, MikeBMW said:

Update on the Gator Trax MX electric rolling bed cover and a bonus! :)

New hood wind deflector with lighting.

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

Where did you get the lit wind deflector?

It looks great!  I might add that and an under hood light at the same time to my 2022 Denali 

15 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Where did you get the lit wind deflector?

It looks great!  I might add that and an under hood light at the same time to my 2022 Denali 

I bought the lighted wind deflector here (I dunno if they have other colors or if you'd need to get it paint matched before install):
https://www.americantrucks.com/silverado1500-aeroskin-lightshield-color-match-hood-protector-summit-white-753123-gaz.html

On 3/12/2023 at 4:34 PM, Homewrecker007 said:

Yeah I hear you there, for me it's not much of a tease. I'm not driving either one of them yet and I only get 2.5 hours a day to work on them before having to leave for work. 

So, got the camera in today and decide to test it out before running the cables. On my 17, doesn't look like the OE cover to hide the wires will work, since it doesn't have that bracket to clip onto, need to figure out how to hide the wires. 

Looks like I'll have to repin the mirror as well, which pins did you change for power and what not? Need to find a pin-out for the header harness. Do you have a pin out diagram or just test via VMM?

1 hour ago, jpinoy said:

So, got the camera in today and decide to test it out before running the cables. On my 17, doesn't look like the OE cover to hide the wires will work, since it doesn't have that bracket to clip onto, need to figure out how to hide the wires. 

Looks like I'll have to repin the mirror as well, which pins did you change for power and what not? Need to find a pin-out for the header harness. Do you have a pin out diagram or just test via VMM?

Pm sent. The headliner will hold the top of the wire cover the bottom will just rest against the mirror base. You can see here the cover is on the camera cable plug won't fit I plan to just put it at the bottom and run the cable through. 20230311_152413.thumb.jpg.7cc7733da11af79cb7c051461cb920c3.jpg

Edited by Homewrecker007
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Pm sent. The headliner will hold the top of the wire cover the bottom will just rest against the mirror base. You can see here the cover is on the camera cable plug won't fit I plan to just put it at the bottom and run the cable through. 20230311_152413.thumb.jpg.7cc7733da11af79cb7c051461cb920c3.jpg

Thanks for the info. Seems I didn't fully seat the connectors, so got lucky and don't have to re-pin. Cover does stay on somewhat, will figure something out. 

Here's a function test video. Loving this mod. Will try to finish running the line the rest of the way to the back light. Going to be fun drilling into the 3rd brake light.. 😱 😅

Edited by jpinoy
Typos
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Thanks for the heads info. Seems I didn't fully seat the connectors, so got lucky and funny have to re-pin😁

Here's a function test. Loving this mod. Will try to finish running the line the rest of the way to the back light. Going to be fun d drilling into the 3rd brake light..  😱😅

Let me know how that goes. My cameras still haven't made it here. My 2018 also has a sport bar so I'll need to get creative to mount that camera. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Let me know how that goes. My cameras still haven't made it here. My 2018 also has a sport bar so I'll need to get creative to mount that camera. 

When I ordered mine, they sat on it for 5 days until I msg them asking what's going on with my order, next thing I know, got a shipping update. Still took another 4 days. Hope you get yours soon. 

Ordered mine from here: GMPARTS Direct - Camera - 84929557

Yeah, this video is what got me to do the mod, start at the 8:30/sec mark where he starts to drill out his 3rd brake light.

2 hours ago, jpinoy said:

When I ordered mine, they sat on it for 5 days until I msg them asking what's going on with my order, next thing I know, got a shipping update. Still took another 4 days. Hope you get yours soon. 

Ordered mine from here: GMPARTS Direct - Camera - 84929557

Yeah, this video is what got me to do the mod, start at the 8:30/sec mark where he starts to drill out his 3rd brake light.

I watched the same video. I found some used 3rd brake lights with the camera in them. Said to be delivered tomorrow. 

• Like 1