What have you done to your K2 today?

6 hours ago, 15BlueSilverado said:

Looks good, how does it function overall though? I've read both good and bad things about that unit and have been thinking about getting one myself but just not sure. 

Overall, I like it. Disappointed in the start up time and connection to my iPhone.
Still, once it's up and running, it's great.
The biggest issue I had is an Echomaster camera setup and I lost everything but the stock backup cam.
The unit comes with 3 camera inputs, for front, right and rear.
I had my Echomaster inputs for the front and bed camera changed over to a coax connection since this is what is required.

So, now, I can select those cameras when I want to see them.
I'm good with it since I lost my left and right mirror cameras when I installed my power fold mirrors - I wasn't sure how to route the wires through the mirror housing (I think it takes a full disassembly).

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:14 PM, Sinkhole said:

I ran a mono 3.5mm/RCA adapter up to the radio and then used an RCA splitter into the radio.

Can you go into more detail on how to run the CB audio through the Radio head unit?

What cabling is needed?

Does the cabling plug into the back of the radio?

2 hours ago, Stonewood said:

Can you go into more detail on how to run the CB audio through the Radio head unit?

What cabling is needed?

Does the cabling plug into the back of the radio?

Most likely, he used a 1/8" jack in the back of his CB (15) to the audio input jack in his truck (see his second picture in his post).  The attached picture is the back of a CB similar to mine.  With mine, I'm running small external speakers from the back of my CB and my scanner, and mounting them under the driver's headrest on the posts.

Uniden PC122XL AM and SSB CB Radio Owner's Manual - Manuals+

Edited by Ravenkeeper

On 9/16/2022 at 10:53 PM, MikeBMW said:

Overall, I like it. Disappointed in the start up time and connection to my iPhone.
Still, once it's up and running, it's great.
The biggest issue I had is an Echomaster camera setup and I lost everything but the stock backup cam.
The unit comes with 3 camera inputs, for front, right and rear.
I had my Echomaster inputs for the front and bed camera changed over to a coax connection since this is what is required.

So, now, I can select those cameras when I want to see them.
I'm good with it since I lost my left and right mirror cameras when I installed my power fold mirrors - I wasn't sure how to route the wires through the mirror housing (I think it takes a full disassembly).

Those are some of the things that concerned me also. I had read about the slow startup and bluetooth connection being spotty at times but overall, the reviews have all been pretty good. Does it have Android Auto or is it just bluetooth connection to the phone? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 15BlueSilverado said:

Those are some of the things that concerned me also. I had read about the slow startup and bluetooth connection being spotty at times but overall, the reviews have all been pretty good. Does it have Android Auto or is it just bluetooth connection to the phone? 

It has Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
It has wireless connectivity ability for both of them but I prefer the wired connection since the wireless connection uses wi-fi on the phone and I prefer to leave my phone wi-fi connected to my truck's 4G hot spot.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rad_Rado17 said:

Those are either FiberwerX or Rk sport front and rear fenders

Hey man thanks for posting in regards. I found fiberworks and those do look like what I saw, but man those RK look a ton better! Seriously. 

And if I read correctly I will be able to fit 35 on 12 wides with a 4" lift!

Thank you for your time.

2901700729017008-5.jpg

2901700529017006-3.jpg

Edited by Snowcamo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:

Hey man thanks for posting in regards. I found fiberworks and those do look like what I saw, but man those RK look a ton better! Seriously. 

And if I read correctly I will be able to fit 35 on 12 wides with a 4" lift!

Thank you for your time.

2901700729017008-5.jpg

2901700529017006-3.jpg

Yeah no worries.  Most guys run 37's with these fenders on a long travel kit.  I think you'd be able to fit 37's with your 4" lift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Now we're talking! Do you know where I can find more pics of these setups?

There's a bunch of youtube videos covering these set ups.  Check out Dirtking, 454 motorsports.  454's youtube page covers all the trucks they've done with detailed videos.  As far as pictures, I would just search Silverado longtravel and there should be more than enough to check out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1