What have you done to your K2 today?

Well, I did a lot. This gem of a driver tried to sneak into my lane under the nose of my truck. 646c0a23905f5efc32f2232b6e2bf839.jpg

Steele bumper for the wina474861048e448f9a202c355aa389014.jpg

But in good form, she’s suing me...apparently for not not yielding to my right of way.

I did replace my lights for 5000K LED and matching Fog lights and a BlackVue 2 ch dash cam.

Question for those who’ve done led or hid in their HD. Did you use the anti-flicker device? Further, did you mount the pieces inside the housing or did you drill through the dust cap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

I have yellow tint paper. How did you get yours to stick?

I have tiny film. And you apply it just like tiny. I used windex. Spray a little on light. Put tint on. Squeeze out air bubbles and let dry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

@bc-chris Looks great man! How did you measure the curve on the bottom to make sure it aligns?

thanks

the curve... honestly, i think i used the lid of a paint can and it was close enough!  ha! ha!  (it might have been a 5 gal pail? i can't remember.  i've been using the 2x8 for a while now and only this past weekend did i have the time to do all the cutouts) 

• Like 1

Finally got around to installing my cognitos that have been sitting in a box for a few months. The truck is no longer rubbing at full lock with my 295/55R20 Ridge Grapplers. 36ccbc8f127cd8195da6610e3e617259.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How was the install?

How was the install?

Not bad at all. It would have been easier if I had removed the strut assembly, but I was being lazy. I ended up having to use a pry bar and an extra set of hands to get the bolts past the coil springs. Cutting the service perch wasn't bad either.

10 hours ago, bc-chris said:

thanks

the curve... honestly, i think i used the lid of a paint can and it was close enough!  ha! ha!  (it might have been a 5 gal pail? i can't remember.  i've been using the 2x8 for a while now and only this past weekend did i have the time to do all the cutouts) 

I use a 2x12, with all four corners cut at 45º angles (2.5" from the corners).  Been toying with the idea of a, 4" tall x 8" wide, bowtie cutout in the middle of it.  Now, I just may follow through with it.

11 hours ago, Waaazooo said:

Well, I did a lot. This gem of a driver tried to sneak into my lane under the nose of my truck. 646c0a23905f5efc32f2232b6e2bf839.jpg

But in good form, she’s suing me...apparently for not not yielding to my right of way.

I did replace my lights for 5000K LED and matching Fog lights and a BlackVue 2 ch dash cam.

Question for those who’ve done led or hid in their HD. Did you use the anti-flicker device? Further, did you mount the pieces inside the housing or did you drill through the dust cap?

Hope you win.  It's crap like this and people like that, as to why I want to get a dash cam on my truck.  Morons pass me, and come back into my lane, triggering the yellow icon (distance to the vehicle in front of me) on my dash.

Did you install the dash cam before or after the accident? I had 3 close calls in one week so I bought one, now I hardly ever have close calls.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, huntr1117 said:

Finally got around to installing my cognitos that have been sitting in a box for a few months. The truck is no longer rubbing at full lock with my 295/55R20 Ridge Grapplers. 36ccbc8f127cd8195da6610e3e617259.jpg

How does adding an aftermarket UCA prevent rubbing if your truck was properly aligned before said UCA was installed? Not being a smart ass, just a serious question. I was under the impression that the aftermarket UCA only improved the angles of the suspension parts and had no bearing on lift?

Edited by techsan15

How does adding an aftermarket UCA prevent rubbing if your truck was properly aligned before said UCA was installed? Not being a smart ass, just a serious question. I was under the impression that the aftermarket UCA only improved the angles of the suspension parts and had no bearing on lift?
My tires would rub my stock upper control arms at full lock. You can also see in the pic where it would also rub on the swaybar. I think that by correcting the ball joint angles the cognito ucas design allows them to sit more level so at full lock the tire clears the uca now. As for the sway bar rubbing I'm not sure how it helped with that but I have a 1/2 inch of clearence now.

Hope you win.  It's crap like this and people like that, as to why I want to get a dash cam on my truck.  Morons pass me, and come back into my lane, triggering the yellow icon (distance to the vehicle in front of me) on my dash.

So far USAA have rejected liability. Waiting to hear from geico. I’m not out of the woods yet. But now my $250 driving insurance policy is installed.
3ed799e514e26d63fa51a01b706f9924.jpgee7d674354e75c6cfa93140a06c1e2f3.jpg
The low light video is pretty good and it geotags my position and ground speed. Records both front and rear cameras. I’m pretty happy with it.

• Like 1